"Deaf" guest

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Chabobo
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

"Deaf" guest

Post by Chabobo » Sun Dec 12, 2004 1:27 am

I really really hate when youre practically screaming something a a guest and they act like they dont hear you, or like they dont understand english. "Sir If you'll wait one moment the Characters will be right back, *smile and nod* no, sir, please watch out, the character will be right back. Sir, the characters will be glad to sign your book in just a second. Sir please let go of Mickey, sir please, sir, stop chasing mickey. RUN MICKEY RUN!!!!"

HUGH! :shock:

Scott45
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

"Deaf" guest

Post by Scott45 » Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:10 am

Yeah, gives the real deaf guests a bad name.

'course we're not above taking advantage of our lip reading ability and "eavesdropping" in on a conversation between two CM's about where they were going to party that night. 8)

Scott45

dannydp
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: "Deaf" guest

Post by dannydp » Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:23 pm

Chabobo wrote:I really really hate when youre practically screaming something a a guest and they act like they dont hear you, or like they dont understand english. "Sir If you'll wait one moment the Characters will be right back, *smile and nod* no, sir, please watch out, the character will be right back. Sir, the characters will be glad to sign your book in just a second. Sir please let go of Mickey, sir please, sir, stop chasing mickey. RUN MICKEY RUN!!!!"

HUGH! :shock:
You just made me LOL at work..

Good job :)

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: "Deaf" guest

Post by Zazu » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:44 pm

Chabobo wrote:I really really hate when youre practically screaming something a a guest and they act like they dont hear you, or like they dont understand english. "Sir If you'll wait one moment the Characters will be right back, *smile and nod* no, sir, please watch out, the character will be right back. Sir, the characters will be glad to sign your book in just a second. Sir please let go of Mickey, sir please, sir, stop chasing mickey. RUN MICKEY RUN!!!!"
I cured a guest of deafness one day. It was a very similar situation to the one you describe, except it was Max instead of Mickey.

The magic words turned out to be, "Let go of the character or I will have you arrested for assault."

Now *that* they heard!

I just wish I could have listened in at City Hall when they tried to complain about me threatening to have them arrested. :twisted:

Zazu