Excellence at WDW

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
IndyBob
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: Former Attractions East & West: Indy, Mansion, Splash and my fav SPACE!!; and again Mansion &

Excellence at WDW

Post by IndyBob » Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:43 am

Ok so I was reading the Mouseplanet web site yesterday and in the Rehabs section for Magic Kingdom it said that ExtraTERRORestrial Encounter(Alien Encounter) was under rehab and will be reopening in about 3 months as Stitch's Great Escape. Its being re-themed. Thats just horse shxt. Next it said at Epcot that the Food Rocks show at The Land pavillion was perminately close and being removed so they can place the entrance to Soarin Over California there. (I was quite saddened because Food Rocks, being rather cheesy, was HI-larious to watch). The last note I wanted to tell about was at MGM Studios. The Backlot Tram ride is closed for rehab perminately and where they tore down the residential street part of the tour, they are replacing it with an American version of the motorcycle stunt show from the Paris Studios. I was just dissapointed to hear of these changes to some great attractions :(

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Re: Excellence at WDW

Post by VonSeegs » Sat Jan 24, 2004 9:31 pm

IndyBob wrote:Ok so I was reading the Mouseplanet web site yesterday and in the Rehabs section for Magic Kingdom it said that ExtraTERRORestrial Encounter(Alien Encounter) was under rehab and will be reopening in about 3 months as Stitch's Great Escape.
I'm sure that's because the idea flopped at our Space when they wanted to re-theme it.

Vance likes ham.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sat Jan 24, 2004 11:00 pm

^ Yah, when my friend told me about that Lilo and Stitch deal, I laughed at him until he walked away. Why would they dump Space Mountain? But then again that Alien Encounter thing's pretty fun too...

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:04 am

well, you know that if they retheme Alian Encounter to Stitch, they can sell a lot more themed character merchandise for something cutesy than they could for some evil alian that's breathing down your neck...let me clarify that...the little kids will be begging for a lot more merchandise than a teenager who might buy one t-shirt... :wink:

VonSeegs
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: RRods, Space, Tours/Astro, Matterhorn, Mansion, Pirates and Classics East

Post by VonSeegs » Tue Feb 03, 2004 11:34 pm

^Amen sister!

Vance likes ham.

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 10:51 am

I hear you there. I think it's so sad that they day came when almost every attraction must exit into a gift shop. :roll: I'm just thankful that I work at one of the few attractions that doesn't exit into a gift shop. I want to know at what point did profit exceed quality. :cry: Most of the stuff that is sold in the shops are junk. Most every child that gets something from either WDW or Disneyland ends up in the bottom of their toybox.

All the "new" attractions they are building, except for one, is a copy from somewhere else. The Lilo and Stich show will be exactly like Alien Encounter, but it will have stitch in it. Epcot is getting Soaring over Califorina, and the Studios is getting the Paris stunt show. As if there wern't enough shows in the park as it is. Animal Kingdom is finally getting something similar to the ride that was supposed to go into the park when it opened.

IndyBob
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: Former Attractions East & West: Indy, Mansion, Splash and my fav SPACE!!; and again Mansion &

Post by IndyBob » Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:05 pm

coldfire409 wrote:Animal Kingdom is finally getting something similar to the ride that was supposed to go into the park when it opened.
What is DAK getting?

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:21 pm

A rollercoaster called Mt. Everest. I don't know many details except for that. Oh and it isn't supposed to open until 2006.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:12 pm

^ Haha it'd be great if it was the Matterhorn under a different name... :lol:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:25 pm

Official title is "Expedition Everest." It's a cross between Big Thunder, the Matterhorn, and Maelstroem. You start up the mountain in a slow moving train, Then Something Goes Terribly Wrong, and you careen down the mountain backwards.

Not sure if the Yeti makes an appearance or not. I just hope there's some sign of the Wells expedition.

Zazu