Hallo All

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Hallo All

Post by Mayonnaise » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:06 am

Hallo, I'm new here... hope this is the right place to post an introduction. I've been reading here for about a week and registered yesterday... I'm a 23 year old flash application developer in Upstate NY, and I really enjoy reading your SGTs, despite having last been to WDW nearly 10 years ago now. I've still got one day left on my World Hopper... should totally go back. My younger brother just used up the lasts of his Hopper last week on spring break when he and his roomate drove down... knowing him he was probably being an SG on the day he used his hopper, but I'm hoping his roomate's CP CM friend kept him in line on the days they went to the park with her. I've never met her, but apparently she is a very close friend of Belle. (My mother keeps making wry jokes about how inseparable they are.)

I've been to WDW twice, once when I was 12, and once when I was 14. I had the comando style parents who did all the guidebook research and planned every last moment. It was handy in some ways, because they did clever things like having lunch at the Liberty Tree on the Deck when the parade was scheduled, but also exhausting. They also planned mid-day naps on days we were going to see night shows, which was very good idea (tho when I was 14 my brother and I spent them in the hotel pool while they slept.)

When I was 12 I caught a god awful ear infection and lost a day of vacation in bed totally out of it with fever. So out of it I forgot the day and didn't understand why my parents insisted I spent our last day at the MK in a wheelechair. I thought I was fine, and I didn't want to be labeled a faker so I walked along side it for most of the day even though they said no chair, no rides. Eventually I wanted to ride things enough that I conceded on the condition that we go back to Epcot after dinner to ride Journey to the Imagination again. No SGing there, though we probably looked it what with me walking as much as they would let me, and my kid brother hitching rides in the chair whenever they would let me walk. We left the chair in stroller parking and stood in the lines tho, so really who could complain?

When I was 14 I didn't get sick... yey! Animal Kingdom had been added since we were last there, and they'd ruined Journey to the Imagination. The only complaint I could have about that was the niggling stress of remembering to pretend to be my brother's 12 year old twin. I have a growth disorder that makes me look younger than I am, and my parents frequently used it whenever they could to avoid paying adult prices for me. (I'm 23 now, but when told "I'm older than I look" people guess 18.) It was frustrating though because since I was "12" and they didn't want to look like SGs, I couldn't even get my own food at the hotel buffet. I'm guessing making your kid lie about their age is an SGish thing to do...

I have this dream now, that I want to go back to WDW all by myself. It's weird I suppose, but I'd like to just be able to go where I wanted and see what I wanted, off a shedual, and without someone yanking me out of bed before sun up to ensure we were at the head of the line when the park gates opened.

So I don't have any SGTs of my own to share, since it's been a long time since I've been to Disney, but I did work retail and as a telephone operater during college, and know plenty about stupid customers, and stupid callers...

Uh yeah... I'll shaddup.

8^)

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Hallo All

Post by Whazzup » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Well howdy there, Mayonnaise. So glad you could join us. I'm sure the Marsupials will be along shortly to officially greet you.

Yup, sounds like you need to make a trip to WDW on your own or with a good friend. It's a totally different experience from being dragged along with parents who have every minute of every day planned. Besides, you've got that ticket with one free day you need to use up.

Hope to see you doing some more posting here. Enjoy!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:50 pm

Welcome!!

Plus you have the decided advantage of reading and posting here! so you can get the inside scoop on fun stuff to do! The CM's that post here seem to be the cream of the crop when it comes to being enthuastic about WDW and DLR! I am sure that if you make the trip down to WDW, you would have a wonderful time!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:38 pm

Welcome. One of the Marsupials should be along a bit later for your official welcoming post.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Wed Mar 19, 2008 4:55 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:Hallo, I'm new here... hope this is the right place to post an introduction. I have this dream now, that I want to go back to WDW
Hi Mayo! This is the perfect place to post an intro. After your visit to WDW why not a trip to DL? The Original :) You'd love DLR! :cool:
:welcome:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:46 pm

Were you in An Officer And A Gentleman?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:48 pm

hobie16 wrote:Were you in An Officer And A Gentleman?
I was wondering the same thing! IS his first name Zack?

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Elena (aka: Bubble Lady)
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Elena (aka: Bubble Lady) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:30 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:Hallo, I'm new here... we were at the head of the line when the park gates opened.
[font="Palatino Linotype"]ahem...and just what's wrong with being there when they open the gates? ;)

but after you see the "world" you should really try to come see the "land"...there's nothing better than the original :D: (and i can actually compare them now :) )
[/font]

[font=Palatino Linotype]YOU AIN'T NEVER HAD A FRIEND LIKE ME! [/font] :genie2::bubble::iguana:

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:17 am

Welcome! Interesting name. Do you like the stuff? I, myself, do like Mayonnaise.
You have GOT to go back to WDW and get to DL as well. Nothing like the original Magic Kingdom to make you all misty eyed. :o:
Good to see another SGTer come out of lurkdom. Don't forget to make your Meez! :D:
Princess Susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:12 am

Sorry for the slow marsupial response, Mayonaisse!

:welcome: to :sgt: from :wallaby: and :wombat: !!! :D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter