Got REHIRED and NEED HELP!

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
disneyboy
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Got REHIRED and NEED HELP!

Post by disneyboy » Sun Dec 05, 2004 7:50 pm

Well, i got the call from Casting on Friday that my no-rehire status was lifted and i can now be a WDW CM. BUT...

All they had was Tomorrowland and Future World. I REALLY wanted Ad/Lib but he said there as nothing there, hmmmmm..........
So i think ill take TL as its IN MK and so is Ad/Lib. Im REEEEAL scared and nervous cause ive NEVER worked an attraction w/ a height requirement. And ive heard horror stories of CM abuse my parents who want to kill thier kids just to get thier moneys worth. Also, there are now THREE attractions in TL that have FP and that TL has turned into Fantasyland East due to increase in strollers brought by Buzz and Stitch. Does ANYYYYYYOOOOOONE know how it is in TL??

Where would i work??
How are the attractions grouped in the area?
How are the managers? I hear they are "clickey".
Is SPACE and SPEEDWAY HELL?

I am SOOOOO hoping to go to Ad/Lib soon. My intervewer said hed put me on a list and when a spot opens up i could get it. Dont know how much i believe that. I hope the CPs leave soon so i can get a good chance at getting in Ad/Lib. Hopefully i get trained at Buzz so that could increase my chances of getting in HM.

Jungle Vanessa
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Jungle Vanessa » Sun Dec 05, 2004 8:12 pm

Personally I wish I could have your spot in TL and you can take mine in Ad/Lib....all I've ever wanted to do is work in TL, either on Space or in the Buzz Complex (Which is everything else except Space and Speedway which are 2 separate pieces of TL). Space isn't too bad from what I hear but watch out because Speedway can be dangerous if you work there and you aren't careful. The best place to be in my opinion is the Complex even with the two FP attractions, I'll tell you from my JC and HM experience it's not that bad.

Today's post has been brought to you by Little Mermaid fish sticks....
Nothing say lovin' like mermaid in the oven.

Favorite current Quote from Coordinator Josh...
"Vanessa you are a Human CDS."
(kinda scary huh?)

thundercatjamie
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by thundercatjamie » Sun Dec 05, 2004 10:11 pm

Only 284 more days till I can put in for my transfer back to ad/lib not that I'm counting or anything. I miss Pirates. Maybe once the holidays are done I will pick up a shift. Damn i wish I could have waited for a full time position there.

You only get wet if it starts to rain!

No, this is a roller coaster, it does not circle around the park!!!

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:31 pm

I work in Main Street, so don't have much direct information about Tomorrowland, but I do know one thing: The backstage nickname for Speedway is "Blood Alley". You have been warned!

Zazu

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Tue Dec 07, 2004 6:24 pm

Height requirements aren't all that bad - really. Just smile, try to look as understanding as possible and kill them with kindness, while explaining that it's the overeducated engineers at WDI who set the height requirements in conjunction with doctors specializing in pediatric physiology. Explain the concept of "broken neck" because the teeny person's mucular-skeletal structure isn't quite mature enough to take it... and if they want to go higher, it's no big deal to let your lead or the area supervisor tell them the exact same thing. Of course, after the guest makes a REALLY big stink because they paid $50 or whatever to get in, the supervisor, manager will then make you look like an idiot and let the too short person go on, but what they hey. Pretend you're Donald Duck and let the incident roll off you like water off a duck's back. Besides, unless it is an AP who just likes being a jerk, you will probably never see that guest again as long as you live, so no point stressing over it - just keep smiling (mostly because you know you NEVER WILL see them again).

:wink:

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:30 am

I used to work in TL and it isn't that bad. I left because I got tired of it. I started at Space, and it wasn't that bad. I learned Buzz, and later Alien. One of my former roomates got hired and got Speedway. He didn't mind Speedway, but it's something that I would never work at. I do know at Speedway they issue you steel toe shoes, and you need them there. Buzz gets real boring, real fast. Although I do like evacuating TTA and Buzz. The 101's at Space can be good too, as long as you aren't stuck outside.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Wed Dec 08, 2004 2:43 pm

The 101's at Space can be good too, as long as you aren't stuck outside.
Isn't that true with any 101 time? They're good as long as you're not outside. That's especially true of extended down times cause then the queue will be cleared so there's noone inside. :)

disneyboy
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by disneyboy » Fri Dec 10, 2004 8:30 pm

oh BTW. Finished my paperwork on Wed. Im going to DAK @ Kilimanjaro.

Jungle Vanessa
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Jungle Vanessa » Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:05 am

Oh KS, Good luck with that, I personally wouldn't want it (since i can't stand spieling) but I'm sure you'll love working there I hear a lot of people do.

Today's post has been brought to you by Little Mermaid fish sticks....
Nothing say lovin' like mermaid in the oven.

Favorite current Quote from Coordinator Josh...
"Vanessa you are a Human CDS."
(kinda scary huh?)

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sun Dec 12, 2004 11:14 am

Hey, disneyboy when are you training? Cause I leave to go to WDW tomorrow, so maybe I'll be around for it. :)