Code 101

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: Code 101

Post by Zazu » Sat May 10, 2008 10:40 pm

Zazu wrote:(No, this isn't where I got a reputation as an "outstanding poofer", that was another time in Fantasyland.)
joanna71985 wrote:Is that where you jumped from the train because some idiot threw a cig into the brush?
That was different. That was the event that gave my co-workers the right to call me "lame" and I just had to sit there in my wheelchair and take it.

Zazu

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun May 11, 2008 12:17 am

Zazu wrote:I was on limited duty while my heel heeled. Assigned to Fantasyland Merchandise, they put me in the stockroom for Tinker Bell's Treasures.

My leader was a stern Teutonic type. "You vill take der dresses out of der box, you vill remoof der plastiker wrap, you vill place dem on der korrect hangars, und you vill be certain dat dey vill haf der korrect size rinks. Verstehen?"

"Ja vohl!" I replied, and set to work.

Twenty minutes later, she came back to see how I was doing. There were no boxes of dresses, no pile of plastic wrap, and I was just sitting in a chair. "Vat haff you been doink?" she demanded.

"Well, I broke down the cardboard boxes, but don't know where to put them for recycling. I did find the plastic wrap bin, so that's gone. When I got done unpacking and hanging the dresses, I went through the rest of the rack and replaced incorrect hangers and size rings. Since I didn't know how to reach you, I just sat and waited for the past five minutes.

She took one of the dresses off the rack and examined it with a critical eye, "You did a good chob of poofing up deese dresses. You are a very gut 'poofer'!"

"Thanks for the compliment," I replied, "But please ... don't ever say that when my Main Street co-workers can hear!"
I must say you type with a great accent!

And I am glad that the term give to you was not by someone from Australia, but rather a dress inspector!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun May 11, 2008 7:07 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I must say you type with a great accent!

And I am glad that the term give to you was not by someone from Australia, but rather a dress inspector!
a gut poofer?
hmm, stay away from me....

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun May 11, 2008 7:15 pm

drcorey wrote:a gut poofer?
hmm, stay away from me....
No.... It means something else if you are from Australia, not that there is anything WRONG with that....

Amphigorey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Amphigorey » Sun May 11, 2008 8:38 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:No.... It means something else if you are from Australia, not that there is anything WRONG with that....
If I understand it correctly, it's the Australian equivalent of "fag." It's not a nice word.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun May 11, 2008 9:07 pm

Amphigorey wrote:If I understand it correctly, it's the Australian equivalent of "fag." It's not a nice word.
in england a fag is a cigarette.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun May 11, 2008 11:38 pm

drcorey wrote:in england a fag is a cigarette.
heck, that term was used to mean a cigarette when I was in high school, and for years after I was in the Navy. then it got that other meaning.

smart1hermione
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by smart1hermione » Sun May 11, 2008 11:50 pm

I thought faggot was a bundle of sticks and twigs...

That's what I get for being an only child who gets a dictionary for her 8th birthday...

Legend: Alligators dwell in the sewers beneath Disneyland.

Truth: There are no sewers below Disneyland, and therefore no alligators in them. The secret tunnels are infested with mutant rats, however.

<3 disneylies.com

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon May 12, 2008 12:01 am

smart1hermione wrote:I thought faggot was a bundle of sticks and twigs...

That's what I get for being an only child who gets a dictionary for her 8th birthday...
It is, (also a small log) but the shortened version of "Fag" was used to denote a cigarette.

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Mon May 12, 2008 12:03 am

smart1hermione wrote:I thought faggot was a bundle of sticks and twigs...

When I grew up I first learned the definition for Faggot as a gay person (tho at the time I was too young to really understand the term). Then I began to read older adventure stories and historical novels. It took a long time to get over the concept expressed when a "hero" would be camping with his friends in the wilderness and say "It's getting chilly. Throw another faggot on the fire." :eek:

Randy