"SAP/GAP"

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
reivaX
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by reivaX » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:23 am

tourbunny wrote:
Xavier wrote:. i tell him i would let him on this ride but before he gets to the next attraction to go down the city hall blah blah... guest leaves and i remind him to pick up a GAP.
visual impairement does not qualify for a gac. we love you attractions people to death but please, please, please DO NOT send people down to city hall to pick up a gac because if they are already in toontown then they have already been denied one. then they come down to us and argue our ears off that the cm at the ride sayed to go get one. please do not take it upon yourselfs to decide that they should get one. only people that are realy near death get one now the rest of them have already tryed by the time you guys get them.
thank you for your understanding.

CujoSR: Fixed error in BBcode.
no you're right, i think it was the day i had the update training and i was still a little unsure about the new policy.

mahaihai
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by mahaihai » Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:55 pm

Tourbunny you rock..keep the GAC policy. You make my job more interesting at guest services when they come to get an AP refund and they want to scream more and i get to call a MEGS. so much fun. By the way City Hall looks nice now!!

Guests are a lot like children, either they never listen or they think you are lying even when your not!!

tourbunny
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tourbunny » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:14 am

Xavier wrote:
tourbunny wrote:
Xavier wrote:. i tell him i would let him on this ride but before he gets to the next attraction to go down the city hall blah blah... guest leaves and i remind him to pick up a GAP.
visual impairement does not qualify for a gac. we love you attractions people to death but please, please, please DO NOT send people down to city hall to pick up a gac because if they are already in toontown then they have already been denied one. then they come down to us and argue our ears off that the cm at the ride sayed to go get one. please do not take it upon yourselfs to decide that they should get one. only people that are realy near death get one now the rest of them have already tryed by the time you guys get them.

no you're right, i think it was the day i had the update training and i was still a little unsure about the new policy.

whose right? can you explaine your post pease? i didn't quite follow. if they are training attractions people wrong on GAC procedures and what to answer then we need to know that so we can have our management get together to have a little chat on one of their 2 hour lunches...

i know you are an idiot but can you try not to be so stupid?

tourbunny
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by tourbunny » Sat Apr 10, 2004 11:23 am

mahaihai wrote:Tourbunny you rock..keep the GAC policy. You make my job more interesting at guest services when they come to get an AP refund and they want to scream more and i get to call a MEGS. so much fun. By the way City Hall looks nice now!!

thank you very much. you guys should all come by to see the new city hall. it is breathtaking...
anyways, your post amuzed me that they still give you an ear full after they have been though so much drama and at least one manager to get a refund authorized. if i was a guest i would come to the park as many times as possible and then 2 weeks before my pass expires, complaine about GAC and demand a refuund. then i would get my full prize back and have gotten a free pass for a year. i can't beleive we issue FULL refunds...it's also funny to see how we now have 4 counters, seperated by a centerdevider that makes it a little hard to peek around the corner. so guest will spend practically their whole morning and then again after lunch their whole after noon in city hall going from cm to cm thinking we dont see them trying a different one, giving each one of us a different sobbstory. some of them succeed because they are smart enough to watch other guests and what they are getting the pass for, but now with limited visual range and everything we need to be extra carefull of scammers.

i know you are an idiot but can you try not to be so stupid?

SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SpaceRanger » Sun Apr 11, 2004 1:03 am

Yup... city hall is really something now. All of you who haven't had a chance to go by and see it should try to stop by soon. I was really impressed that they made it look as nice as they did.

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.

reivaX
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by reivaX » Mon Apr 12, 2004 1:46 am

tourbunny wrote:
Xavier wrote:
tourbunny wrote: visual impairement does not qualify for a gac. we love you attractions people to death but please, please, please DO NOT send people down to city hall to pick up a gac because if they are already in toontown then they have already been denied one. then they come down to us and argue our ears off that the cm at the ride sayed to go get one. please do not take it upon yourselfs to decide that they should get one. only people that are realy near death get one now the rest of them have already tryed by the time you guys get them.

whose right? can you explaine your post pease? i didn't quite follow. if they are training attractions people wrong on GAC procedures and what to answer then we need to know that so we can have our management get together to have a little chat on one of their 2 hour lunches...
you didn't get it?

you were right about the blind dude not receiving a pass because of the visual disability thing. i had just gotten updated on the new procedures and i was a little confused at first about the new rules. besides the point was he was NOT BLIND!!!

wtf?!

SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SpaceRanger » Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:54 am

^^ eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy.... I think she just wanted to make sure that you didn't mean you were still confussed about the new policy after your updated training, or that they weren't telling you wrong information about it... because if that is/was the case, then something would need to be said so the managers from each department could sit down together and make sure they're all on the same page.

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.

GuyFromTheBigSplashyRide
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Location: Westside Attractions...We've got the river and the wait times... take that Tomorrowland!

Post by GuyFromTheBigSplashyRide » Mon Apr 12, 2004 3:10 pm

I am just going to vent here for a sec...

The GAC helps filter out alot of people the really DONT need it. But does anyone know why we can't regulate wheelchairs!? For the people that need it, I completely understand... but it drives me nuts when I get teenagers with an overszied wheelchair that I saw marching and jumping in the parade just an hour before limping/rolling up and asking for assitance...then to add insult to injury, they forget which leg they were limping on and switch it up as they hobble out of the log back to the wheelchair. Does anyone know if they have any plans to regulate, or enforce DISNEY-owned wheelchairs? GAH!!!! :bang: sorry, I'll take some yoga...

I like tacos.

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:34 pm

SpaceRanger wrote:^^ eaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasy.... I think she just wanted to make sure that you didn't mean you were still confussed about the new policy after your updated training, or that they weren't telling you wrong information about it... because if that is/was the case, then something would need to be said so the managers from each department could sit down together and make sure they're all on the same page.
SpaceRanger, he is taking it easy. His post was a pretty straight-forward explaination of his previous post. lay off him.

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

FantasmicBumbleBee
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by FantasmicBumbleBee » Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:36 pm

Unfortunately a massive re-design of all the cues at some of our most popular attractions just isn't in the mouse's budget. But Thank Gawd for the people who had the ability to change out the old system. I hated SAP guests. Especially when you had these teenagers who would jump and bounce their way through the queue and when they reach you one of them would limp... Like I am legally blind in one eye and totally blind in the other. :hammer:

It is sad to say that the update training for the new system really isn't refreshing for the cast members. In fact, it tends to be confusing for some.

And much to your dismay, we have to inform guests to go to City Hall to get those damn Guest Assistance Cards. But if they say they have been denied then I like to say, "Well, unfortunately you have to wait in the lines just like everyone else. But may I inform you about our FastPass system?" At this time they like to walk away.

But all this is behind me now, I enjoy working Guest Control, not having to worry about those gawd-forsaken card. Damn, I have to go catch those guests climbing our walls....

I survived working at Disneyland... My job there will be missed...