Goat-Choker Trivia

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Goat-Choker Trivia

Post by BRWombat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:43 pm

Zazu wrote:Excellent! I see I need to step up my game here:

What was Tijuana Row?

:jeb:
The name of Mexico's Crew team? :cool:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:33 pm

Zazu wrote:
What was Tijuana Row?
BRWombat wrote:The name of Mexico's Crew team? :cool:
Actually, I'm wondering if Wombat is actually close with this one ... Each year, the Cast Activities department organizes a canoe race around Tom Sawyer Island. The teams try to come up with creative names ... for example, one of the teams that I've rowed with was the Toasted BLTs (fittingly, it was a team of Contemporary cast, paying tribute both to Bay Lake Tower, and the distinctive toaster-shape of the main building)

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

Stripes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Stripes » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:15 am

Too funny. My son is highly involved in high school crew and loves watching the canoe practice.

Tijuana Row was the name given to the long line of portable trailers/contractor offices that sat behind Disneyland's Main Street during original construction.

YANXWIN
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by YANXWIN » Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:33 am

Tijuana Row sounds like the motion used to propel oneself along the street on one's belly after a night of activity in Tijuana.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:50 pm

Stripes wrote:Too funny. My son is highly involved in high school crew and loves watching the canoe practice.

Tijuana Row was the name given to the long line of portable trailers/contractor offices that sat behind Disneyland's Main Street during original construction.
And stripes gets it again, though I did think some of the other answers were funnier.

Hmm. How about the very first question I stumped my co-workers with when I joined Team Toaster:

Where is the Captain's Chair?

Zazu

Stripes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Stripes » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:33 am

The others were funnier; we should award style points. :cool:
I'm keeping quiet until tomorrow am.....

Stripes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Stripes » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:57 am

So Team Toaster really didn't know to send gentlemen guests to the 3rd floor for a haircut?
:confused:
Where is everyone? The halls are echoing.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Stripes wrote:So Team Toaster really didn't know to send gentlemen guests to the 3rd floor for a haircut?
Nope. I included my management team in the quiz, and gave them a full week to research it, and nada!

The following week is when the poster went up backstage, warning CMs not to bet against me.
:confused: Where is everyone? The halls are echoing.
Okay Stripes, I see I'm going to have to get tough with you. Let's try something a bit different:

How many different "official" explanations have you been given for why the pavement on Main Street is red?

Only one explanation per person, please. Let's see if anyone's heard one I haven't.

Zazu

Stripes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Stripes » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Zazu wrote:Nope. I included my management team in the quiz, and gave them a full week to research it, and nada!
That's pretty sad.
The following week is when the poster went up backstage, warning CMs not to bet against me.
Trying to match wits is fun, but betting against you? Mama didn't raise a fool.

Let's see...I can think of 5 explanations right off hand that I have heard/been told. My favorite is that Kodak decided. :flash:
When the Magic Kingdom was built, Kodak was a major sponsor. In researching ways to help make guest’s photos look great, Kodak decided that the shade of red used contrasted beautifully with the building facades and greenery allowing for 'richer' pictures than standard gray.
:right:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Zazu wrote:How many different "official" explanations have you been given for why the pavement on Main Street is red?
Six.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.