Things that make you crazy!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Things that make you crazy!

Post by Darksin » Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:47 pm

felinefan wrote:Actually, the quote is "You catch more flies with honey than you do with VINEGAR." Idea is you get better results being polite than being rude.
Yes, that saying! I was tired ;)

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:11 pm

Darksin wrote:Yes, that saying! I was tired ;)
I thought you catch more flys with crap?

Time Flies like a arrow. Fruit Flies like a banana.

Corey

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:37 pm

felinefan wrote:Actually, the quote is "You catch more flies with honey than you do with VINEGAR." Idea is you get better results being polite than being rude.
And for the record, if you are catching flies, you want a mixture of honey and vinegar... Only a touch of vinegar.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Who wants flies,anyway? :frog:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

TiggerHappy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: Disneyland
Department: Food & Beverage

Post by TiggerHappy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:00 am

Darksin wrote:I try to be polite about it, I know many people don't want to be around others who are smoking and it's really not that inconvenient to go to a smoking area.

Sometimes it does feel like theme parks banish us to the moon because we smoke, the biggest problem I have is in some parks (like Epcot) who got rid of many smoking areas you have to hike halfway around World Showcase to get into a smoking area. Norway then you have to head all the way around to Italy and after that the far side of France to find one.
Well, my only problems with smokers are that they are literally playing with fire (I've had a few accidents in my youth brushing up against my dad when he's got a lit cigarette in hand; ouch) and the smell. It's especially horrendous when Guests throw away cigarettes in a trash can and people like me (bussers) come along to change them out only to have the trash can burp up this contained air bubble of concentrated cigarette smell into my face. DX And on some occasions, I find that there are holes in the bottom of the bag from still-burning butts. >_<

I really don't see the point of smoking areas at all. The wind spreads the smell and smoke everywhere anyhow. People with asthma and other lung problems can't avoid smokers at all knowing that. Although, I wouldn't mind having a Darth Vader-esque mask and tank on in place of my inhaler. :rolleyes: Can't speak for other asthma sufferers, though.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:08 am

Disney needs to create a large reverse cone of shame for smoking sections. Put a big fan at the top and filtration system. "You must stand under the cone of shame to smoke."

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

DonutGoddess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DonutGoddess » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:35 pm

TiggerHappy wrote:It's especially horrendous when Guests throw away cigarettes in a trash can and people like me (bussers) come along to change them out only to have the trash can burp up this contained air bubble of concentrated cigarette smell into my face.
At work we had the cigarette butt can catch on fire. Kept wondering what that horrendous smell was and then we figured it out. Didn't smell any better after we put it out. Yuck!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

duffthor
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by duffthor » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:10 pm

ktulu wrote:Disney needs to create a large reverse cone of shame for smoking sections. Put a big fan at the top and filtration system. "You must stand under the cone of shame to smoke."

Sounds like a great use for the Sorcerer Hat at DHS! :D:

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:50 pm

ktulu wrote:Disney needs to create a large reverse cone of shame for smoking sections. Put a big fan at the top and filtration system. "You must stand under the cone of shame to smoke."
...and here come the lawsuits for that one!

Honestly, I'm not going to argue this one any further it only starts a shitstorm to keep it going.

So on to a new topic!
I'm sure one of you still working at the parks has some complete pet peeve that makes you want to bang your head against a hard surface. What's currently making you go crazy?

As for me, the Christmas music. At this point I think I've developed an eye twitch from hearing it nearly anytime I leave my house!

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

I am Sam
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by I am Sam » Sat Dec 17, 2011 12:06 am

I am not a CM but I visit the world at least twice a year. I hate when parents let little Tommy and Susie run all over the place and then yell at me when I am unable to stop my 300 lb electic wheelchair in time to avoid hitting the child that darted in front of me.

When setting up to watch the parade I back up to let a little kid (not one of mine) sit in front of me to see the parade better and his/her whole family tries to stand in front of me and shove my nieces, nephews and sisters aside. Once they even knocked my godson into the cement curb.