No More Room Assigners at Resorts

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: No More Room Assigners at Resorts

Post by PatchOBlack » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:37 pm

Not to be insulting, but...

Did this thread suddenly start sounding like Board X, Y, or Z? :cat1:

mapo
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by mapo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:44 am

PatchOBlack wrote:Not to be insulting, but...

Did this thread suddenly start sounding like Board X, Y, or Z? :cat1:
A lot of threads are starting to sound like crap I have to hear at work everyday.

mapo

TalkingHands
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TalkingHands » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:58 am

Now I see why my medical requests keep getting ignored. Does not make me happy at all when I specify what I need to have to be independent and end up in a room that is totally opposite of what is needed. Then to be told by the front desk CM that they can't do a thing about it and I need to deal with it.

Hope I get what is needed next week.

:pooh: [font=Lucida Console]Lisbet[/font]

andfar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by andfar » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:26 am

Going back to the original topic here.....

I booked my room, my folks booked their room we both specified that we be close to each other. My folks are coming in a few days after us. We should be good to go, right? Or do I need to call and make sure, etc.? Maybe wait until 10 days before the trip (online check in) and call someone then?

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:42 pm

andfar wrote:Going back to the original topic here.....

I booked my room, my folks booked their room we both specified that we be close to each other. My folks are coming in a few days after us. We should be good to go, right? Or do I need to call and make sure, etc.? Maybe wait until 10 days before the trip (online check in) and call someone then?
You should be good, but it's best to call close in and remind them again so there is a fresh note on the file. If I remember correctly, room assignments under LILO are now being done 4-5 days out, so call 6 days out for optimumness. No connecting room requests are guaranteed.

Kurt

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:49 pm

TalkingHands wrote:Now I see why my medical requests keep getting ignored. Does not make me happy at all when I specify what I need to have to be independent and end up in a room that is totally opposite of what is needed. Then to be told by the front desk CM that they can't do a thing about it and I need to deal with it.

Hope I get what is needed next week.
Medical requests need to go through the Special Needs reservation department. If you call the regular reservation line, or the resort directly, then your request will be noted, and some effort will be made to accomodate it. If you go through the Special Needs department, they will physically assign your room and lock it into place at that time.

And, in many cases, the front desk cast really can't do anything about it. If a resort has (for example) 10 fully accessible rooms, and all 10 are blocked by the Special Needs department, and then Guest #11 comes up and says that they need a fully accessible room, they're out of luck.

The views and opinions expressed in this post do not represent those of the Walt Disney Company. This post was written while off the clock and off WDW property. Caution: The moving rubber line is travelling at the same speed as you.

TalkingHands
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TalkingHands » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:26 pm

hhsrat wrote:Medical requests need to go through the Special Needs reservation department. If you call the regular reservation line, or the resort directly, then your request will be noted, and some effort will be made to accomodate it. If you go through the Special Needs department, they will physically assign your room and lock it into place at that time.

And, in many cases, the front desk cast really can't do anything about it. If a resort has (for example) 10 fully accessible rooms, and all 10 are blocked by the Special Needs department, and then Guest #11 comes up and says that they need a fully accessible room, they're out of luck.
Unfortunately DRC never allows us to speak directly with Special Needs department. They say they have called and it is set up but I never get a confirmation indicating it anymore. It is really frustrating. Somewhere the ball is getting dropped and I end up having to try to straighten it out when I arrive. Another reason we stay offsite more often than on now. DRC isn't providing the guest service it should.

:pooh: [font=Lucida Console]Lisbet[/font]

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:47 pm

I don't know where folks have gotten the idea that Disney resorts no longer have room assigners. My hotel still does. In fact, Lilo lets more of us do this work than before.

But if the need isn't noted on the reservation, we won't know about it, and a phone call or fax to the hotel may not be attached to the reservation, and thus may not be known to whomever ends up assigning the room.

I'll echo what was said by hhsrat -- if you need special accommodations, go through Special Needs. It's the *only* way to guarantee it.

As for assigning six days out, fuggeddaboudit! Half the rooms are still unblocked when the guest arrives, and half of those end up being reassigned. Of course, being normally over 97% occupancy makes anything difficult.

Zazu

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:46 pm

Zazu wrote:Of course, being normally over 97% occupancy makes anything difficult.
You guys are printing money. Maui just hit 87% and the hotels are getting greedy again.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

kurtisnelson
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: WDPR
Department: Industrial Engineeri
Position: Former

Post by kurtisnelson » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:52 pm

Zazu wrote:As for assigning six days out, fuggeddaboudit! Half the rooms are still unblocked when the guest arrives, and half of those end up being reassigned. Of course, being normally over 97% occupancy makes anything difficult.
I guess the LILO lets us block rooms 6 days out ended up being a goal...

Kurt