? For Keepers of the Gates

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: ? For Keepers of the Gates

Post by Lasolimu » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:04 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:now who wants gum?
Wouldn't you prefer RUM? :p:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:04 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote: now who wants gum?
Rum flavored?

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:26 pm

orljustin wrote:Is it confirmed that a pass that has been used in a park needs to be scanned at another park to be able to get a FP within the second park?
While I'm not certain on some of the other questions I am 100% certain on this one. Yes, it is confirmed. If a guest puts in a ticket that was not scanned through the entrance turnstiles that day the machine spits out a pass saying something along the lines of:
NOT A VALID FASTPASS

A FastPass cannot be issued as this ticket was not used for admission at <PARK> today.
No matter how you try to cut it, what you are talking about doing is abuse of the FastPass system. The idea of it is so the guests can have more time to do other attractions in the SAME park and whatnot instead of waiting in line. That is why the tickets have to be run through the turnstiles. What you are talking about doing takes FPs away from guests who don't have Parkhoppers so have to stay in one park all day.

Also, there is no way of knowing the return time without going to the actual distribution point. The return time might be sometime that isn't going to work for you.

That said, only one person needs to line up and scan the tickets through the FP machine. When the machines are busy and crowded CMs will actually ask that only one member from each party line up while the rest of the party wait elsewhere so as to relieve the crowding.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Lasolimu wrote:Wouldn't you prefer RUM? :p:
Why yes, Yes I would!
ktulu wrote:Rum flavored?
EVEN BETTER!!!

(I offerred gum because some of the new posters seem to be underage!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Goofyernmost
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Goofyernmost » Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:59 pm

Maybe I missed something here...but...wouldn't you have to use the tickets through the gate in order to be issued a fastpass? Wouldn't you have to do the finger scan on all the tickets? Would it be possible that a CM would let you just stand there and feed a group of tickets through the scanner without having the needed number of people to go with them? There is absolutely nothing workable in this plan, so the answer would have to be NO!!!

Talk about Stupid Guest Tricks, I would think this idea would rank up there pretty high.

:goofy: :goofy:

orljustin
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by orljustin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:05 pm

Goofyernmost wrote:Maybe I missed something here...but...wouldn't you have to use the tickets through the gate in order to be issued a fastpass? Wouldn't you have to do the finger scan on all the tickets? Would it be possible that a CM would let you just stand there and feed a group of tickets through the scanner without having the needed number of people to go with them? There is absolutely nothing workable in this plan, so the answer would have to be NO!!!
Yes, the above poster (shorty82) just answered the question. However, if the system allowed for FP to be issued in a park when the ticket hadn't been used for that park, there would be nothing wrong with that. Regardless of those who seem to enjoy crying out "circumventer!".

Of course, the OP was correct in their later post that they would be free to move to a new park after lunch, get through the gates, and then send the kids back to the hotel while they secured FP for the group for later.
No matter how you try to cut it, what you are talking about doing is abuse of the FastPass system.
Nope. I'm still not sure how people keep crying "abuse" if the system would allow it. You're perfectly allowed to send one person to get passes for a group. That is not "abuse". The following is a good article on what would be "abuse":
http://miceage.micechat.com/kevinyee/ky020309b.htm

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:25 pm

If there were a bug in the system that allowed you to get FPs without having the tickets in use in that park, that would not give you carte blanche to take advantage of it. Finding loopholes in a system's programing, in order to do things that the programmers didn't intend for you to do, is exactly what "circumventing" is.

(WRT my last assertion I said "as I understand it." That was based on an earlier thread here. If Eeyore's Butterfly was wrong, then I apologize for repeating what she said.)

8^S

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:32 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:If there were a bug in the system that allowed you to get FPs without having the tickets in use in that park, that would not give you carte blanche to take advantage of it. Finding loopholes in a system's programing, in order to do things that the programmers didn't intend for you to do, is exactly what "circumventing" is.

(WRT my last assertion I said "as I understand it." That was based on an earlier thread here. If Eeyore's Butterfly was wrong, then I apologize for repeating what she said.)

8^S
According to Wikipedia when Fastpass was first introduced one could do that. It says that old tickets and even other park's admission media would work to get a Fastpass. That big was quickly corrected though.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

jldrn1
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by jldrn1 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:46 pm

Once again............... I am not a "troller" (not even sure what that is). I understand this can not be done. Thanks for all the input, see you later this month.

scpergj
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by scpergj » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:58 pm

jldrn1 wrote:Once again............... I am not a "troller" (not even sure what that is). I understand this can not be done. Thanks for all the input, see you later this month.
You did fine...I never thought you a troll...

The 13 year old with all of the idiotic arguments...that's another story. You can tell school is out in some areas of the country...