? For Keepers of the Gates

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
orljustin
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: ? For Keepers of the Gates

Post by orljustin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:02 pm

GaTechGal wrote:You can't do this. And just think how AWFUL it would be if you could. Think of all the TOURING groups that would get their groups of 40 into park A and then send a runner over to park B with all 40 of the group's tickets and suck up all the fastpasses, not to mention the amount of time they would waste running all the tickets through the turnstile. And you couldn't do that anyway as you would need the finger of the ticket holder (unless they were under 10). So no, you can't. In order to get a fastpass, the ticket holder has to have passed through the turnstyle themselves.
Aside from the point about the ticket holder passing through the gate, why would this be AWFUL, since the group leader can go get 40 FPs in the park they are in, currently? If the system is linked so it knows about other parks, what difference does it make what park a FP is issued in?

jldrn1
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by jldrn1 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:27 pm

So..................... Since I have seem to started a debate unintentionally, how about this?

At noon, the whole party leaves the am park. Tweens go with me to the PM park, scan their tickets, get into the park and then leave (they have their swimsuits on under their clothes) leaving their tickets with me. Can I then stay and get fastpast passes with all the tickets?

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:29 pm

Because there is a science to crowd management. While that one person is getting 40 Fastpasses, 39 tourists are in an entirely other park, riding some other ride, meaning that essentially 39 people are in two places at once, leading to a logistical clusterfrack down the line.

Circumventing these things for your own convenience only gums things up for everyone else.

8^S

orljustin
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by orljustin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:Because there is a science to crowd management. While that one person is getting 40 Fastpasses, 39 tourists are in an entirely other park, riding some other ride, meaning that essentially 39 people are in two places at once, leading to a logistical clusterfrack down the line.
Nope. No different from those 39 people on a ride and the one person 20 feet away getting 40 FP. That's the point of FP - that you are "in two places at once". Standing in a virtual line, and doing anything else you like.

Mayonnaise
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Mayonnaise » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:00 pm

Actually... as I understand it, one person getting Fast Passes for 40 while the rest are already in a different queue is also an abuse of the system. You're supposed to be present to get your fast pass and THEN go enjoy something else while you wait.

8^(

orljustin
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by orljustin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:00 pm

jldrn1 wrote:So..................... Since I have seem to started a debate unintentionally, how about this?

At noon, the whole party leaves the am park. Tweens go with me to the PM park, scan their tickets, get into the park and then leave (they have their swimsuits on under their clothes) leaving their tickets with me. Can I then stay and get fastpast passes with all the tickets?
Sure thing. Of course, you can only get the one set, and then not another until the hour before the first, or whatever it says.

orljustin
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by orljustin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Mayonnaise wrote:Actually... as I understand it, one person getting Fast Passes for 40 while the rest are already in a different queue is also an abuse of the system. You're supposed to be present to get your fast pass and THEN go enjoy something else while you wait.
Unless you can specifically point out where that is stated somewhere, I'll have to disregard it. I've never seen anything stated like that. More often than not, people get groups of FP at one time for their parties regardless of where the rest of the party is.

Widget
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Widget » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Getting back to the original post. If you left some people behind in the AM to go to another park to try and get some fast passes for the PM there is no guarantee that the FPs you would get would be for the times that would work into your plans. So you would be holding FPs that you wouldn't use that other guests who are in that park would love to have.
It would be one thing if one family or group did this but that never seems to be the case. So the more who try to circumvent the system the more the honest guests are affected.

orljustin
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by orljustin » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:34 pm

Widget wrote:So the more who try to circumvent the system the more the honest guests are affected.
You use "circumvent" and "honest", but no one has actually pointed out anything that would say something like this is against policy. BTW, here's the WDW fast pass page. Nothing about sending a member to another attraction (or park).
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest- ... fast-pass/

Is it confirmed that a pass that has been used in a park needs to be scanned at another park to be able to get a FP within the second park?

Here, from the HK Disney site (yes, I know it's not WDW):
http://park.hongkongdisneyland.com/hkdl ... stPassPage
"Only one member holding the park tickets of the entire party needs to queue up for getting FASTPASS. "
"No you don't. Simply have 1 group member take everyone's Park entrance tickets and insert each ticket, one by one, into the FPDM. The FPDM will issue 1 FASTPASS as each Park ticket is inserted so that each person has their own FASTPASS for later entry."

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Does't say you can stab them with a spoon either, but its not a good idea.

why do I get the impression that some SG trolls are show up? :cool:

maybe you all should run back to board x and post about getting around the rules, because a lot of people here, who know how things work, have explained it and yet some people still seem to want to "get around" the way things are done.

now who wants gum?

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?