What have attractions been called?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: What have attractions been called?

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:00 am

I heard the line stretched all the wait to Main Street!!

I waited 40 minutes to get onto Pirates and I entered the line in Frontierland past the Mark Twain Dock.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Jun 27, 2006 2:50 am

PirateJohn wrote:Try five. I talked to a few people who had waited four.
I had abt 10 guests at Star Trader tell me the line for Pirates was well over 4 hrs. Some were very upset but most took the long line well. We can't keep Pirates Merch in stock. It's nuts! JD is in 3 scenes in new Pirate's Attraction. Figure is so amazingly real....spooky. :eek: I went on last Fri. a.m. after Grad Night shift. Johnny is certainly set $$ wise for life now :star: Wish I was!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

gurgi
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by gurgi » Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:26 am

Main Streeter wrote:I had abt 10 guests at Star Trader tell me the line for Pirates was well over 4 hrs. Some were very upset but most took the long line well. We can't keep Pirates Merch in stock. It's nuts! JD is in 3 scenes in new Pirate's Attraction. Figure is so amazingly real... spooky. :eek: I went on last Fri. a.m. after Grad Night shift. Johnny is certainly set $$ wise for life now :star: Wish I was!
uh, I once heard the dude bought his own island to vacation on in private. If he really does have his own island... I doubt he has any reason to worry....

Ottar
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ottar » Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:49 pm

In Paris, a lot of attractions get mixed-up names when people ask about them since they have no idea what the english names mean (only about 50% of the guests speak any english at all). Most of them just become badly translated versions of the original name, but a few were really amusing (to me at least):

BTM:
Dynamite Mountain
The Subway (I tried showing them the way out of the park at first...)
The Grave Train
Gold Rush Ride
Space Thunder Mountain (make up your mind already!)
Big Chunky Mountain

Its a small world:
The Dollhouse
Toys'R'Us (thankfully I didnt break down laughing)
Noah's Ark (for some reason a few hispanic people have been using that term - can anyone explain why?)

Peter Pan's Flight:
Harry Potter's Flight (sorry, no brooms...)
"The other pirates ride"
Pocahontas' Flight (wouldn't SHE be surprised!)

Phantom Manor:
Halloween House
Phantom Mountain
House of Satan (whoha there!)
Phantom Morgue

Rock'n'Roller Coaster:
The Elvis Ride
The Rolling Stones
Rock Train
"the ride with that screaming bisexual guy" (probably referring quite irreverently to the preshow)
The Rock (sorry, Sir Sean does not appear)

In Walt's days, quality and capacity did not compete.

Yeti Chaser
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Yeti Chaser » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:38 pm

Main Streeter wrote:I had abt 10 guests at Star Trader tell me the line for Pirates was well over 4 hrs. Some were very upset but most took the long line well. We can't keep Pirates Merch in stock. It's nuts! JD is in 3 scenes in new Pirate's Attraction. Figure is so amazingly real....spooky. :eek: I went on last Fri. a.m. after Grad Night shift. Johnny is certainly set $$ wise for life now :star: Wish I was!
Four hour wait and most took the long line well????????????? What's in the water at DL that the guests drink? Send some to WDW. We get a 40 - 70 minute wait at Everest (or God forbid when we run out of Fast Passes at 2:00) and folks are impatient and become upset.

Things heard at the attraction.... Is this:
the "Mountain Ride?"
the ride that has a Yeti?
the coaster ride? (@#!*&^ It's a train ride not a roller coaster let's get immersed in the story)

Best thing heard this past weekend during a lightning storm: Do you know when the storm will end and the ride reopen?

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:28 pm

Yeti Chaser wrote:Four hour wait and most took the long line well????????????? What's in the water at DL that the guests drink? Send some to WDW. We get a 40 - 70 minute wait at Everest (or God forbid when we run out of Fast Passes at 2:00) and folks are impatient and become upset.

Things heard at the attraction.... Is this:
the "Mountain Ride?"
the ride that has a Yeti?
the coaster ride? (@#!*&^ It's a train ride not a roller coaster let's get immersed in the story)

Best thing heard this past weekend during a lightning storm: Do you know when the storm will end and the ride reopen?
At BTMR I've had guests walking away for anything more than 20 minutes.

Seriously.

As for calling it a Train Ride: at BTM it's not a good idea when you have the WDW Railroad next door. Instead, we have to deal with guests who decide to wait 40 minutes and then scream at us when they go down into the station and learn it's a coaster.

"The sign out front said railroad!"

"Well... the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, not the Walt Disney World Railroad."

"I waited 40 minutes!"

"And I'll be happy to put you on the next train in my station."

"I can't ride this! I have a bad back!"

"Surely you saw the signs warning people with back injuries against riding?"

"I didn't think they were serious!"

"<sigh> Exit this way, please. Here]Walt Disney World Railroad next door by Splash Mountain[/I]."

Stupid guests.

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:31 pm

PirateJohn wrote:(Regarding the PotC line) Try five (hours long). I talked to a few people who had waited four.
Yeah, but they were all crazy-insane DL AP holders.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:48 am

Yeti Chaser wrote:Four hour wait and most took the long line well????????????? What's in the water at DL that the guests drink? Send some to WDW. We get a 40 - 70 minute wait at Everest (or God forbid when we run out of Fast Passes at 2:00) and folks are impatient and become upset.
In my opinion, the Pirates lines go pretty quick. It is constantly moving. If they drink DL water, it better not be the waters from the Rivers Of America. :D

On average, Space Mountain's wait time is over 60 minutes long. The fast passes usually run out at 2:30 P.M to 3:00 P.M. One time their fast passes ran out at 11:30 A.M!! Can you believe that, and they are surprised that the fast passes are run out earlier.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Monorail Black
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Monorail Black » Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:33 pm

Boy, I heard so many things in my time working at parks, I can't possibly mention them all. Here are a few...

"Where's that Mickey's Birthplace World?"
"Can you tell me where to find the Haunted Scary House?"
(Pointing to the People Mover) - "Is that the monorail that takes me to the Polynesian Hotel?"
(at the Monorail) - "Is this the Tramrail?"

I once had a guy ask me about how to get back to his hotel. I asked him where he was staying...
Him: I'm at the Continental Hotel.
Me: Is this a Disney hotel?
Him: Yes, it's by a lake.
Me: Is it the Contemporary hotel? By the Magic Kingdom?
Him: No - it's the Continental or something like that.
Me: The only hotels by a lake and the Magic Kingdom are the Polynesian, Grand Floridian and Contemporary. You're sure it's not one of those?
Him: I don't even know right now.
Me: Do you have a room key or something from the hotel?
Him: Maybe...(hunts around in pockets)...oh - here's my room key!
Me: Well, it looks like you're at the Contemporary Resort. (blah, blah, blah)

Always boggled my mind that somebody could stay at a $200-300 a night resort hotel for 4-5 nights and not have any idea at all what the name of the hotel is!

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:50 am

When I worked at Knott's, I was at the Grand Sierra Scenic Railroad in Camp Snoopy, waiting for riders. A family walked by, and a kid started to enter the turnstyle. The other kid yelled at her, "Don't go in there! That's a restaurant!" :eek: I said "No, it's a train ride." The engineer and I got a good laugh out of that one! (Their response? "Oh." Then they go by to another ride!)