Funny Nametags

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Funny Nametags

Post by SRT_GB » Thu Jun 16, 2005 1:52 pm

I can't believe they're charging you $5.00 for replacements! Are the DLR gold 50th of much nicer quality than the 'normal' CM nametags?
Nope. As far as I can tell they're made of the same blue plastic material the old white-faced ones were, only painted gold on the front. I don't know why they increased the price to $5 to replace them.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:54 am

On my March cruise on the Disney Wonder, a crew member named Herman from Indonesia was working the buffet line. At least that's what her nametag said.

Yes, "her." :confused: She was a petite blond with an Australian accent.

Turns out her name was Heather, and she confirmed that she was wearing a temporary replacement -- and that she had picked that badge out just for laughs! She was pretty cool and playful about it -- she said she also considered using one with a Japanese name since she spoke that language.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Thatguy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Thatguy » Tue Jun 21, 2005 8:56 pm

now that's wonderful!

So was she really a Herman? (code for attractive female)

"How many people woke up this morning saying 'I have to do the Jungle Cruise?' yeah, me too, I sat on the edge of my bed crying for half an hour."

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:47 pm

Thatguy wrote:now that's wonderful!

So was she really a Herman? (code for attractive female)
Never heard that used as a code, but actually, yes she was. But then I'm a sucker for a female Aussie accent.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

TGSal
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by TGSal » Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:00 pm

I used to love going out on guided tours in chilly weather. I'd put my real nametag on my scarf, pinning it to my cape. At the end of the tour, I'd say something like, "Now remember, if you get lost at any point during the rest of the day, your tour guide's name was GRIZABELLA" and I'd pull up the scarf to show that nametag. Cracked 'em up every time! I left the Park in 1990 and still have that nametag ...

krnlmustrd
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by krnlmustrd » Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:41 pm

Working behind the counter at CHH restaraunt, we used to like to see how discreetly we could switch nametags while in the middle of helping a guest. Most didn't notice the name change, but those who did usually had really confused looks on thier faces. Too much sun, I guess... :twisted:

My alter ego was Norman.

I suggest that we stack the bodies in the cellar, lock it, leave quietly one at a time and forget that any of this has ever happened...

Notatourist
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Notatourist » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:20 pm

There was the friend who had her nametag from Janetswomb, NJ (Name changed to protect the guilty)..turns out her mom's name was Janet.

I'm not a tourist cause I work there...

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:26 am

This is not a funny name, but rather a nick name. The thing is TWO PEOPLE have it!!! One is a male lead and the other is a female R.O. They go by the name, "Chuckie", it is so gosh darn confusing!!! Stduck knows who I am talking about!!!! It is just confusing of two people having the same nick name. One is short for "Charles" and the other says she looks like Chuckie from "Rugrats".

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:55 pm

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:This is not a funny name, but rather a nick name. The thing is TWO PEOPLE have it!!! One is a male lead and the other is a female R.O. They go by the name, "Chuckie", it is so gosh darn confusing!!! Stduck knows who I am talking about!!!! It is just confusing of two people having the same nick name. One is short for "Charles" and the other says she looks like Chuckie from "Rugrats".
I have no clue who you are talking about.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:17 pm

Stduck wrote:I have no clue who you are talking about.
You don't?? You know Chuckie the Fantasmic! Lead and Chuckie, the R.O and the Fantasmic! trainer, who also works Mansion??

I will be confused if I have them both in the same room and yell out, "CHUCKIE", both of them will turn around. Just the other day, I saw Chuckie, the Fantasmic! Lead, and asked him, if he saw Chuckie, the R.O, to come see me.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!