Thanks for the flashback :)

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
iusedtobeacm
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Thanks for the flashback :)

Post by iusedtobeacm » Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:33 pm

Let me start this off by saying that I used to be a CM as my handle indicates and now I'm an AP. Well last night after much diliberation I decided to take my family to the Resort, I try to avoid the summer crowds but really wanted to check out the effects of the 50th, so i took a chance. We rode only a few rides but the real reason I went was to see the firework show. This is where i want to take the time to thank all the imagineers and all the cast members. That firework display took me back to the days of my childhood, when my mother would take me and my brothers to the park for the day to relax an get out of reality. Every summer from 1984-1995 we would make a vacation to the now resort, we would go for a few days and stay at the Disneyland hotel, we were not wealthy so a trip to Florida was definetly out of the question, my mom would make it so much fun for us and I can somewhat remember the CM's from back in the day, which is a big reason why later in my life I became a Cast Member, and I really want to go back but I don't think they will let me go back to attractions because i have a restriction on my file. Well anyways I want to thank the CM's because they made it fun for my kids yesterday, I have taken them to the Park before but they were much younger and didn't really understand or pay attention to what was going on, now mind you they are still very, very young, my son is 2 and my daughter is 1 but they seemed to enjoy Disneyland, the lights and the music and the rides in Fantasyland. All the CM's there were very cool with my kids, I know this is part of the job, but let me tell you not all CM's or Ride Operators (Knott's) practice this, kudos to those of you that do. I also worked at K's for a year and I only took my kids there twice, because of the R O's, I even found myself as being one of the rude unruley R O's, simply because K's dosen't in my opinion value customer service, at least not to the extent of Disney. Well thank you all for making this trip memorable for me and for taking me back to the days when my mom would take me to see the Electrical Parade, or the Goofy Days Parade, that Mardi Gras themed thing that was so cool and every other thing that Disney has done in the past, well again i wish i could be part of the magic and if any body here can clue me in on how to get back in i would appreciate it, i think the only way i can go back is if i go into custodial and i might give that a shot, but Attractions is my perferred area so if anyone can help thanks in advace.

CM:What country are you from? Guest:What? CM:What ain't no country I ever heard of do they speak english in What? Guest:What? CM:English Mother F**ker do you speak it?
I wish i could've said that to guest that would've been great.