Official SGT ADD thread

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.

Re: Official SGT ADD thread

Postby felinefan » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:28 pm

Went to a computer repair place recommended on Yelp--and it was neither the hard drive or the motherboard, it was the memory! I had 1GB in my netbook, and they removed a bunch of stuff from my netbook, and installed a 2 GB chip. Cost? $57! $45 for the removal, $12 for the memory upgrade. I was swamping the poor memory board! They gave me a 90 day warranty because I'm a first time customer. It turns out my story of my cat Tripod was safely on a flash drive, so no worries. I might have to reinstall VIPRE, but that's no big deal.

If you live reasonably close to Orange County, CA, it's Superior Computers, 912 N. Harbor Bl., Santa Ana, CA 92703, www.Superior-Computers.com . Very professional, take pride in their work, and nice guys to deal with. They run their business the way all businesses should be run.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Postby hobie16 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:26 pm

Aha! No swap space. That'll kill a machine every time. Glad you found someone honest and cheap.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King
hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Location: 2528 Miles, 4069 KM, 2197 Nautical Miles West-Southwest of DLR
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Postby felinefan » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:54 pm

FYI, when logging on tonight I saw a warning at both username and password spaces saying it's not secure. What's the status of our security suite? Could be on my end, but I just want to be sure.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Postby ktulu » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:22 am

felinefan wrote:FYI, when logging on tonight I saw a warning at both username and password spaces saying it's not secure. What's the status of our security suite? Could be on my end, but I just want to be sure.

I'm working on putting SGT onto SSL only, I had to find a new SSL cert provider, but I have one, I just need to resolve some issues with renewing the certs automatically.
"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

ktulu
Admin
Admin

Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Postby felinefan » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:35 pm

Sounds good.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Postby felinefan » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:06 pm

Breaking news: After living at WISEPlace for Women for 6 months, I had to live with my pastor's in-laws for the weekend, then move into a made-over bus terminal converted into a homeless shelter. Let's be frank: you can take a pig, give it a good bath, paint its hooves with nail polish, spray it with perfume, dress it in a silk gown, wig and makeup, but it's still going to be a pig. We--there are, I estimate, at least 200 people here--sleep on aluminum frame cots with a pad, blankets and if you're lucky, a pillow. I am not lucky. Three meals a day, showers (15 minutes, towel but no washcloth provided, cold water from a pull cord), and services for mental health, addictions, etc.. At night, you may have trouble getting to sleep due to gigglers, screamers--one old man kept yelling "Help!" over and over several times; he was told to be quiet, was asked what the problem was but I didn't hear his reply, and even after that he kept yelling-- and people who have a bad day and insist on taking it out on others verbally. Safe place, but still watch your stuff. I need to call another place; all others are full or I don't qualify.
felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Previous

Return to The Sweatbox