Crap Souvenirs

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Crap Souvenirs

Post by Zazu » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:08 pm

It's still fairly new, but it's a web site I'm sure will be a favorite of many here. It's aptly called Crap Souvenirs, and contains photos and descriptions of same. Yes, a few really are crap, or depictions thereof; but most are just unbelievably tacky.

So, who among us will be the first to post the tackiest Disney souvenir in your collection?

Zazu

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Crap Souvenirs

Post by drcorey » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Zazu wrote:It's still fairly new, but it's a web site I'm sure will be a favorite of many here. It's aptly called Crap Souvenirs, and contains photos and descriptions of same. Yes, a few really are crap, or depictions thereof; but most are just unbelievably tacky.

So, who among us will be the first to post the tackiest Disney souvenir in your collection?
How about a "I just blew 5 grand here at Disney, and all I got was this stupid tshirt!"

Corey

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:29 pm

So Many Disney Pins......so many choices :o:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:24 pm

when I was doing a lot of flying for work, I started getting a silly magnet in the airport gift shops. did you know that just about every state has a cow magnet with their name on it?

and when we did some cross country driving vacations, we continued.

the weirdist one was from alaska with dried, and shellacked moose poo!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:03 am

Great website. I wish I knew where my California Snowman globe was! :D:
One of the reasons so many souvenirs look the same is that usually come from the same company and they just imprint the city/attraction's name on it. It's cheap, but it pretty much kills the uniqueness of most souvenirs. Since moving to the buying side of merchandise I have seen the catalogs and the design sheets. The catalogs are massive-especially the Amerigift Corp one (they seem to have a lock on Florida and the Caribbean). Fun to look through too.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:58 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:when I was doing a lot of flying for work, I started getting a silly magnet in the airport gift shops. did you know that just about every state has a cow magnet with their name on it?

and when we did some cross country driving vacations, we continued.

the weirdist one was from alaska with dried, and shellacked moose poo!
what? none of those horse crap cigars?
no cactus candy?

Corey

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:08 pm

drcorey wrote:what? none of those horse crap cigars?
no cactus candy?
Nothing perishable! and it had to fit in a small space in my carry on 'equipment" bag.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:19 pm

I remember we used to go to Tijuana when I was a kid. One trip we took a few relatives--forgot if they were Dad's or Mom's, I think Dad's--anyway, they bought a pack of cigarettes made of horse manure. I still remember asking to see the pack, and there was a forbidden word on the pack, used a few times, to describe what was in the cigarettes. It assured the buyer that no mule "stuff" was used, only pure horse "stuff". I wonder if it would still cause cancer/lung disease, or not?

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:19 pm

It didn' take the thread too long to get to literal crap souveniers, did it? :D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:30 pm

felinefan wrote:I remember we used to go to Tijuana when I was a kid. One trip we took a few relatives--forgot if they were Dad's or Mom's, I think Dad's--anyway, they bought a pack of cigarettes made of horse manure. I still remember asking to see the pack, and there was a forbidden word on the pack, used a few times, to describe what was in the cigarettes. It assured the buyer that no mule "stuff" was used, only pure horse "stuff". I wonder if it would still cause cancer/lung disease, or not?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.