Clump

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Jessica Rabbit
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Clump

Post by Jessica Rabbit » Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:45 am

During our team metting today our lead told us not to clump.......one of the cast members not paying attention to the meeting asked if it was a sexual disorder, while the other said no that happens when you go number 2. :roll: stupid people

Come on now, who really doesn't secretly hope that tink will smash into the matterhorn?

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:59 am

we call it grouping out on the parade route, but we always have some reason or way that it isn't, or make it so it's not, grouping.. ie, if we're standing shoulder to shoulder, we're not grouping, we're a barber shop, howevermanytet, or if we're in a circle, it's not grouoing, it's team work! or is it's a group/clump/huddle, and there's a lead present, it's just flat out acceptable, because we're probly having a team meeting or something "important" like that... yeah, important, teamwork, or singing, something like that.

Gimme some soft serve!

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:47 am

Aye, grouping during fantasmic is bad or on the parade. Dennis one of the parade leads will send you on outragious scavanger hunts if he catches you grouping. Things like "There is a person in our section who's ridden the matterhorn 3 times, is from Timmbuctu and has 25 children" Well not that outragous but we did have a firework scavanger hunt where we had to find 1. Someone who had ridden the matterhorn that day. 2. Someone with 2 daughters. 3. Someone who's last name started with a Z and 4. Someone from Idaho.

The whole point of said scavanger hunts? Guest interaction.

:ducks: Look Duckies!
These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

Karnever
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler
Location: JungleCuise,Tiki,Big Thunder Mountain,Indy,Splash, Mansion,Twain,Columbia,Pooh

Post by Karnever » Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:11 am

I rememebr when Dennis was all go find someone from Utah I said ok walked over to the side and yelled anyone from Utah someone Rasied there hand, I looked back at Dennis and said there you go.. he tends not to give me those tasks anymore

Jessica Rabbit
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Jessica Rabbit » Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:23 pm

Karnever wrote:I rememebr when Dennis was all go find someone from Utah I said ok walked over to the side and yelled anyone from Utah someone Rasied there hand, I looked back at Dennis and said there you go.... he tends not to give me those tasks anymore
HAHAHA your awesome, sounds like something I would do.

Come on now, who really doesn't secretly hope that tink will smash into the matterhorn?

GMC
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by GMC » Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:08 am

i'm going to go group for dennis sometime, that sounds like fun!

Gimme some soft serve!

Jessica Rabbit
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Jessica Rabbit » Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:05 am

I wonder if the guy from utah was wondering why you asked that :lol:

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:28 am

GMC wrote:i'm going to go group for dennis sometime, that sounds like fun!
It was a pain in butt! We got a lot of "Why?"s. Some of the guests were trying to be helpful by saying things like, "We just moved to Idaho and I'm changing my last name to Zavala," then the kid would pipe up, "No we're not dad!" To make matters worse it had been one of those rainny days after christmas. The first parade had been canceled. We didn't shoot any fireworks off the castle, the snow had been canceled. I was wet, cold, sick and losing my voice cause I was sick.

So fun is not something I assciate with Dennis' scavenger hunts

These are the rafts TO the island. Not AROUND, not OVER, not UNDER and not THROUGH. Thank you for riding T. Saywer's shuttle service please visit again.

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:29 pm

Those scavanger hunts sound like more of a pain, than anything. After all when I used to work PAC there were long peroids of time when you are literally doing nothing. It also sounds like that these scavanger hunts could prevent somebody from doing their real jobs at that point. Weither they are working a crosswalk, or wheelchar section.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

Stduck
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Stduck » Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:56 pm

The scavenger hunts were all pre-parade or pre-fireworks. You know when you are telling guests about sitting and standing and strollers and what not. No guest interaction during the parade does not happen.