Trip Apology

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Dann_of_Thursday
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Trip Apology

Post by Dann_of_Thursday » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:53 am

Wow it has been a long time since I posted!

So back in Sept '11, we had a big family vacation to WDW. It was myself, the wife, the daughter, my in-laws, my parents, and my sister, brother-in-law, and their daughter.

We were all going to stay in BLT, my dad is a DVC member. So my parents and sisters family were going to share a two bedroom suite, and my family and in-laws were going to share another.

My mother-in-law is in a wheelchair from a car accident. So, of course, we are going to book a handicap accessible suite for us and them. For about 2 months before we book the room, we go over all of the dimensions of the room with them, how much clearance they will have, where stuff is in relation to a wheelchair, etc. They buy off on it, say it sounds great. 4 months before we go down, we double check with them on all of the dimensions, again they say it sounds great.

Finally the day of the vacation arrives. Check-in was flawless, of course. We get all of our stuff up to the room and the wife and I are the first ones in. The room is simply awesome, view is fantastic, everything is top notch. And we are super excited. Then the in-laws come in. First thing the father-in-law says is "Something smells." I roll my eyes and bring all of our bags further into our room. Then the mother-in-law goes into their room and instantly has problems, she can't get past the wall and the spot to set your suitcase. Of course the father-in-law has set their oversized suitcase there and it blocks most of the aisle way. I point this out and he flips, saying how Disney doesn't meet the American's with Disabilities act and how he was going to sue. I walk over and flip the suitcase up, which he instantly puts back down and starts screaming at me that he is a millionaire and can have his suitcase anyway he wants.

Anyways, he calls the front desk and screams at the CM there. Then, I think she was the hotel manager maybe(?) comes up to the room and he proceeds to scream at her for half an hour. The wife and I were so embarrassed. We apologized profusely, The in-laws grab all of their stuff and leave for a holiday inn, leaving just me, the wife, and our daughter in this huge room. All of this happened in the span of 2 hours. On our first day.

I don't know the CMs names that took the brunt of their anger and hatred, but if they are reading this I sincerely apologize.

The rest of the vacation was one fight after another with them, but that will be another post. It took me this long to even be able to post this. :mad:

avengador1
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Trip Apology

Post by avengador1 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:23 am

Next time don't bring them, problem solved! ;)

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:30 am

Dann_of_Thursday wrote:Wow it has been a long time since I posted!

So back in Sept '11, we had a big family vacation to WDW. It was myself, the wife, the daughter, my in-laws, my parents, and my sister, brother-in-law, and their daughter.

We were all going to stay in BLT, my dad is a DVC member. So my parents and sisters family were going to share a two bedroom suite, and my family and in-laws were going to share another.

My mother-in-law is in a wheelchair from a car accident. So, of course, we are going to book a handicap accessible suite for us and them. For about 2 months before we book the room, we go over all of the dimensions of the room with them, how much clearance they will have, where stuff is in relation to a wheelchair, etc. They buy off on it, say it sounds great. 4 months before we go down, we double check with them on all of the dimensions, again they say it sounds great.

Finally the day of the vacation arrives. Check-in was flawless, of course. We get all of our stuff up to the room and the wife and I are the first ones in. The room is simply awesome, view is fantastic, everything is top notch. And we are super excited. Then the in-laws come in. First thing the father-in-law says is "Something smells." I roll my eyes and bring all of our bags further into our room. Then the mother-in-law goes into their room and instantly has problems, she can't get past the wall and the spot to set your suitcase. Of course the father-in-law has set their oversized suitcase there and it blocks most of the aisle way. I point this out and he flips, saying how Disney doesn't meet the American's with Disabilities act and how he was going to sue. I walk over and flip the suitcase up, which he instantly puts back down and starts screaming at me that he is a millionaire and can have his suitcase anyway he wants.

Anyways, he calls the front desk and screams at the CM there. Then, I think she was the hotel manager maybe(?) comes up to the room and he proceeds to scream at her for half an hour. The wife and I were so embarrassed. We apologized profusely, The in-laws grab all of their stuff and leave for a holiday inn, leaving just me, the wife, and our daughter in this huge room. All of this happened in the span of 2 hours. On our first day.

I don't know the CMs names that took the brunt of their anger and hatred, but if they are reading this I sincerely apologize.

The rest of the vacation was one fight after another with them, but that will be another post. It took me this long to even be able to post this. :mad:
Millionaires CAN leave their suitcases anywhere they want, it's in the FU PoorPeople Handbook! :rolleyes:
Did he have the priviledge of paying for BOTH rooms?

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Dann_of_Thursday
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Dann_of_Thursday » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:38 am

avengador1 wrote:Next time don't bring them, problem solved! ;)
Trust me, we learned our lesson. Never again! :rolleyes:

Dann_of_Thursday
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Dann_of_Thursday » Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:40 am

DisneyMom wrote:Millionaires CAN leave their suitcases anywhere they want, it's in the FU PoorPeople Handbook! :rolleyes:
Did he have the priviledge of paying for BOTH rooms?
Nope! He paid for NEITHER!! We used all of my father's DVC points...... :mad:

WEDFan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by WEDFan » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:22 pm

I think it is the job of family to embarrass you to some extent. While not as egregious as your f-i-l, my father has a tendancy to go to a restaurant and exclaim loudly that everything is too expensive and he should've just gotten a burger at MacDonalds.

My f-i-l would generously treat people to nice meals out, but only tip a couple of dollars. I got good at moving away from the table slowly and slipping a more appropriate tip under a napkin on the way out. :)

We may all want to die of embarrassment from time to time, but you do what you can to make amends and try to focus on their good qualities. Hopefully your f-i-l does have some of those! ;)

svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by svickersart » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:18 pm

avengador1 wrote:Next time don't bring them, problem solved! ;)
yup yup yup. no need to go with miserable people.

luckylady
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by luckylady » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:52 pm

Wow I'm sorry you had to go through this and your daughter had to see and hear it all. Ya we also learned not to bring in- laws, his parents. Personally I think he needs to apologize to both your parent and daughter for his behavior. If he is millionaire then why did he stay at the HI? Much nicer hotels there. Just asking don't have to answer.

Dann_of_Thursday
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Dann_of_Thursday » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:09 pm

luckylady wrote:Wow I'm sorry you had to go through this and your daughter had to see and hear it all. Ya we also learned not to bring in- laws, his parents. Personally I think he needs to apologize to both your parent and daughter for his behavior. If he is millionaire then why did he stay at the HI? Much nicer hotels there. Just asking don't have to answer.
That is a great question :p: If I ever get an answer I'll let ya know.

He will never apologize, unfortunately, because he doesn't think he did anything wrong. He has.... anger issues. The wife and I are mostly past it, I'm just worried what our daughter thought was going on. But, we fully intent to rectify the situation by returning to WDW, and have it just be us, so she can have the proper magical Disney experience. :D:

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:27 pm

My Monster-in-Law is like that. Nothing is ever good enough nor will ever be correct in her opinion, we made the same mistake and went on a family cruise with her. Much like your Father-in-Law all she did was torment the poor staff with her groundless and annoying complaints because she was to lazy to do any research and simply HAD to have her way (Rather then listening to those of us who tried to explain things).
Much the same argument, I'm rich.. blah blah kiss my ass and cater to my whiny self blah blah blah.

NEVER. EVER. AGAIN. EVER.

My pity to your family and the staff, I've got one like that myself.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!