ANOTHER Figment?

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
kerbear135
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

ANOTHER Figment?

Post by kerbear135 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:42 am

So my father, the self-proclaimed family know-it-all told me yesterday that he'd read that Disney had procured 2 building permits for the Imagination pavillion (he wouldn't cite his sources). Anybody know any more about this? Does this mean they're planning on changing/eliminating the ride? I hope if they do anything, they follow in the steps of Tiki Room and go back to the original as I have never been a fan of version 2 or 3 of Journey Into Imagination.

LeonardKinsey
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: ANOTHER Figment?

Post by LeonardKinsey » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:47 am

I think one of the permits was just for a repaint of the exterior. I forget what the other was for, but neither sounded like a major overhaul (they'd likely need a lot more permits for that).

Unfortunately, a lot was torn out in the "update" to the new version, including the majority of the animatronics. Some of the old track system is still there (you're actually walking over it in the queue), but it would take a ton of work and money to get the ride back to the original version (a ton, as in, they might as well just tear it all out and start over again).

Tiki Room is much easier to return to the original because 90% of the work is just reprogramming the birds, and the fire likely mandated the other 10% of the work.

Leonard Kinsey
Author, THE DARK SIDE OF DISNEY
The Anarchist Cookbook of Disney Travel Guides
http://www.darksideofdisney.com

kerbear135
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by kerbear135 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:13 pm

LeonardKinsey wrote:I think one of the permits was just for a repaint of the exterior. I forget what the other was for, but neither sounded like a major overhaul (they'd likely need a lot more permits for that).

Unfortunately, a lot was torn out in the "update" to the new version, including the majority of the animatronics. Some of the old track system is still there (you're actually walking over it in the queue), but it would take a ton of work and money to get the ride back to the original version (a ton, as in, they might as well just tear it all out and start over again).

Tiki Room is much easier to return to the original because 90% of the work is just reprogramming the birds, and the fire likely mandated the other 10% of the work.

All I know is they gotta do something sooner or later (hopefully sooner)..there's a reason that ride never has a line...

LeonardKinsey
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by LeonardKinsey » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:15 pm

kerbear135 wrote:All I know is they gotta do something sooner or later (hopefully sooner)..there's a reason that ride never has a line...
I'm with you there. It's just depressing.

Leonard Kinsey
Author, THE DARK SIDE OF DISNEY
The Anarchist Cookbook of Disney Travel Guides
http://www.darksideofdisney.com

DragonFox98
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by DragonFox98 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:59 pm

And I am right with you guys. I actually just had on the original "One Little Spark" and was singing it with Quinn. I really, really dislike the new version, but, for some unknown reason, my two oldest actually like it.....they just don't know better.

I wish they would bring back the original. I loved it so much. It really did help this logic-seeking mathematician see the other side of things.

anynamewilldo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by anynamewilldo » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:38 pm

They are too busy paying for the drink system updates at the value resorts - I'm just waiting for the Imagination Pavillion to end up like Wonders of Life... :(

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:24 am

I love Figment and it saddens me that the ride I loved so much back in 1985 is a shadow of its former self. I went again in 1997 and though I didn't enjoy the ride as much as I remembered, I still loved seeing Figment.
It would be nice to bring Figment back to be more than a character that just gets used for limited edition pins! I would like to see Dreamfinder brought back too. :figment:

Darksin
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Darksin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:33 am

Rumors have also been floating around of a possible new sponsor for the pavilion. I hope one is found soon since that was also the downfall of the Wonders of Life pavilion, which at this point is probably going to be scrapped.
I'd hate to see the same thing happen to Imagination.

[font="Arial Narrow"]~*Crazy Girls have all the Fun*~[/font]
Theme Park News and Tales of Crazy-The Blog!

kerbear135
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by kerbear135 » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:59 am

Darksin wrote:Rumors have also been floating around of a possible new sponsor for the pavilion. I hope one is found soon since that was also the downfall of the Wonders of Life pavilion, which at this point is probably going to be scrapped.
I had heard the same rumor about a new sponsor for Imagination- gosh I hope it's true!

delsdad
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here
Park: Canadas Top
Department: Concert Hall!
Position: Making Lights Move!

Post by delsdad » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Darksin wrote:Rumors have also been floating around of a possible new sponsor for the pavilion. I hope one is found soon since that was also the downfall of the Wonders of Life pavilion, which at this point is probably going to be scrapped.
Apple would be the perfect fit for Imagination! It fits right into their "think different" campaign