Do You Know What "Preview" Means?!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Do You Know What "Preview" Means?!

Post by glendalais » Tue May 17, 2011 7:13 pm

Got lucky today and was able to ride the new Star Tours: The Adeventures Continue in previews/soft opening over at DHS.

Being a preview before the attraction opens on the weekend, photography and videotaping wasn't allowed inside. Enforcing this was a secret team of ninja Guest Relations Hosts and Hostesses. You didn't know they were there until someone opened their cell phone and they jumped out of the shadows, lol.

Most people willingly complied. Honestly, about half of them were Star Wars fanatics who were already overwhelmed and near-hyperventalating just at being in the queue and didn't want to risk being tossed from the park. However, as we know too often to be the case, there was at least one SG couple who just didn't get it.

*SG Wife turns on Camera*

*GR Ninja Strikes*

Guest Relations Hostess: Mam, I'm very sorry, but no photography or videotaping is allowed in here right now.

SG: What are you talking about? I'm on vacation, what do you mean I can't take pictures?!

GRH: This attraction actually doesn't open until Friday. This is just a special preview for those lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time today.

SG: Well if the attraction doesn't open until Friday, why are we here?!

:eek: :rolleyes:

This went on for about five minutes until they finally put their camera away in a fit, mostly because the queue was moving.

It's nice to know the educational system is turning out adults with such a limited grasp of basic words in the English language :rolleyes: .

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Re: Do You Know What "Preview" Means?!

Post by drcorey » Tue May 17, 2011 8:14 pm

glendalais wrote:Got lucky today and was able to ride the new Star Tours: The Adeventures Continue in previews/soft opening over at DHS.

Being a preview before the attraction opens on the weekend, photography and videotaping wasn't allowed inside. Enforcing this was a secret team of ninja Guest Relations Hosts and Hostesses. You didn't know they were there until someone opened their cell phone and they jumped out of the shadows, lol.

Most people willingly complied. Honestly, about half of them were Star Wars fanatics who were already overwhelmed and near-hyperventalating just at being in the queue and didn't want to risk being tossed from the park. However, as we know too often to be the case, there was at least one SG couple who just didn't get it.

*SG Wife turns on Camera*

*GR Ninja Strikes*

Guest Relations Hostess: Mam, I'm very sorry, but no photography or videotaping is allowed in here right now.

SG: What are you talking about? I'm on vacation, what do you mean I can't take pictures?!

GRH: This attraction actually doesn't open until Friday. This is just a special preview for those lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time today.

SG: Well if the attraction doesn't open until Friday, why are we here?!

:eek: :rolleyes:

This went on for about five minutes until they finally put their camera away in a fit, mostly because the queue was moving.

It's nice to know the educational system is turning out adults with such a limited grasp of basic words in the English language :rolleyes: .
be a dult. we need all the dults we can find.

Corey

WWWD
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by WWWD » Tue May 17, 2011 11:12 pm

Everyone join in the chant, "Be a 'dult; not a dolt!"

PatchOBlack
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by PatchOBlack » Wed May 18, 2011 1:25 pm

Hey! I'm still trying to avoid the Noid! Don't bother me with Dults now!

dizanimator
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by dizanimator » Thu May 19, 2011 3:36 pm

I was there on the sixteenth, and the Guest Relations cast didn't seem to be in hiding at all. I saw several of them just fine, and the only picture I wish I had was one that proved I was there that day. I do have a Not a Valid Fastpass paper found when I was getting a fastpass, and I was happy to get to ride.