West side?

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

West side?

Post by BirdMom » Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:28 am

What no Finch Monster? No Doug Wong (Ding Dong)? Geeze, where is everyone? :wink:

tata
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Hello BirdMom

Post by tata » Wed Feb 12, 2003 1:27 pm

I "hear ya!"

New Orleans "tata" here! This seems like a "fun" site. I hope to really have a good time here.

Haven't seen anyone from the "Square" here, yet.

I just love being a castmember. Have been since '88. Was with a "lessee" - till just last year, then switch over to Disney. (yeah !)

Be sharing with all of you later.

(It's a very wet day here, in Calif.)

Bye for now, I have to get ready for work.

-t-

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Wed Feb 12, 2003 2:48 pm

well we've been a yahoo group for a while and just started this new setup. i hope you like things so far. i guess you guys are the first from the westside. hopefully not the last!

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:00 pm

Yeah, I was originally Merch Dept 908 (long gone...) from 84 to 88, then Attractions, Dept 956 (New Orleans/Critter Country) from 89 to 95. It seems to me that on rainy days like today, I was usually stuck over at Storybook or Splash, so I don't miss that part of it...

dl_keelboater
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by dl_keelboater » Mon Mar 10, 2003 2:08 pm

West-sider, reporting for duty! 8)

I was there from 90-93, right up until NO/CC and Adv/Front merged. I spent all four of my summers on canoes, but the KB's were awesome!

JE

Keelboater
"I love the smell of the river in the morning!"

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

hey dl~~~

Post by BirdMom » Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:37 pm

Were you summer help only while you were on the west side? I know I was working Parade GC during the summer of '93, summer '92 I worked Mansion and summer '91 I was on Pirates (big mistake!!!). It's been so long since Keel Boats closed, I'm trying to remember who was over there...I can still picture those ever so attractive brown flowered shirts...lol. I used to vary between 25 and 32 hours depending on how much money I was trying to make (I used to temp outside the company too - lol) so I must have worked with you at some time if you were there for three years...

dl_keelboater
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by dl_keelboater » Mon Mar 10, 2003 3:46 pm

I was CT for summer of 90 and 91, working only summers. Then CR from May 1992 through December 1993. I worked all of the NO/CC attractions at one time or another, but I liked to stay on the river.

If we didn't work together, I'm sure I might at least recognize your face or name. Willing to divulge, BirdMom? I will if you will! 8)

(I've already figured out who poster "Weeble" is. That was a no-brainer.)

Keelboater

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Tue Mar 11, 2003 1:38 pm

Beth Rayburn here - the highest of the high maintenance divas! Don't recall? I have pics of myself and my husband John (parade department) on my own web page at

http://www.geocities.com/princesssolitaire59/index.html

dl_keelboater
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by dl_keelboater » Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:00 pm

Hi, Beth! I do remember you, although vaguely after all these years. Looking at your pictures on your website really sparked my memory. I know I had seen you, but not positive we ever worked together. Anyhow, my name is Jim Egelston. Like I said, I usually stayed down on the river as much as possible, but I did work all around NO/CC. I don't have any pictures of me online, but hope to soon. I'm currently working on my Disneyland website, but it's slow going due to time constraints. I actually do freelance web design, so I spend a lot of time doing it for other people (and for $$$).

Nice talking (typing) with you. I'm sure we'll chat again in this forum soon!
:D

Keelboater

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

heya~~~

Post by BirdMom » Fri Mar 14, 2003 7:12 pm

your name sounds familiar, Jim! You sound like a guy I went to high school with. He worked in parades in the late 70's for a couple of years, and these days he has a web design firm in Honolulu (life is rough), so he's really slow at responding for personal stuff...lol. I'm happy to see most everyone from the old days - we sure had a lot of fun playing at the big house when we should have been working...lol.