Stranded on TSI

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Stranded on TSI

Post by Cheshire Figment » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:47 pm

On Sunday (Apr 25) when Tom Sawyer Island was supposed to close at dark there were a few Guests who wanted to stay out of the rain, so they ducked into the caves and were not caught in the initial sweep. By the time they realized that they were alone on the Island was when the downpours and thunderstorms started.

According to reliable reports, they were jumping around and waving to attract attention as they were stranded and soaked. Due to the severe weather there was no raft available to safely get to them and get them back to the mainland for two hours.

There were some managers aware of this situation, but for safety reasons they could not attempt to get the people off the island until the weather calmed down.

I wonder if the SGs went to City Hall after being rescued to complain about being stranded, and, if so, what was the result.

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Stranded on TSI

Post by IndyandMarion » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:50 pm

Wonder if it was the same group who "swam" to Discovery Island a while back. That'd just be the icing on the cake. Their idiotic ideas finally caught up with them.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:37 am

Cheshire Figment wrote:On Sunday (Apr 25) when Tom Sawyer Island was supposed to close at dark there were a few Guests who wanted to stay out of the rain, so they ducked into the caves and were not caught in the initial sweep. By the time they realized that they were alone on the Island was when the downpours and thunderstorms started.

According to reliable reports, they were jumping around and waving to attract attention as they were stranded and soaked. Due to the severe weather there was no raft available to safely get to them and get them back to the mainland for two hours.

There were some managers aware of this situation, but for safety reasons they could not attempt to get the people off the island until the weather calmed down.

I wonder if the SGs went to City Hall after being rescued to complain about being stranded, and, if so, what was the result.

Survivor:TSI ;)

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:00 am

I hope it was the same family that made our last voyage on POTC so enjoyable...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:08 am

I know at Disneyland, TSI closes at 5:30 pm. Security goes out to the island and scouts the whole area to make sure that there is no one on the island.

Talking about Suvivor, my department thinks the cheer leaders should be sent through a test. But again, we need to keep the island green.

Bad thought of the day: Cheer leaders living in a bio-dome. :rolleyes:

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Cheshire Figment wrote:there were a few Guests who wanted to stay out of the rain, so they ducked into the caves and were not caught in the initial sweep..
Was the initial sweep done from the raft, or did they peek into the cave entrances from a distance and go "All Clear".
Why would you search the caves for people in the rain.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:30 pm

I know if there is bad weather in the day time, TSI is closed for safety reasons.

I have been over to TSI at the MK and there was a storm heading towards the park. To hide in a cave during a storm might be smart or if Aunt Polly's is open, go in and stay dry.

Near Philly
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Near Philly » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:09 pm

Too late to edit but my sentence number two is, Sarcasm Mode-ON

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:41 pm

What morons. With the weather, Disney's hands were pretty much tied. Reminds me of our little incident on SheiKra. It was drizzling as we left the station, and then it turned into a downpour literally in seconds. We stopped at the top of the second hill...computer most likely couldn't figure out where the trains were and shut 'em down on the brake runs. Problem is, there was also vicious thunder and lightning. I'm surprised they didn't close the ride down earlier if they knew it was coming, but I's guessing it was moving faster than they thought. They got it started up again after 10 mins. or so, but I was wondering what they would do if they couldn't. We were sitting ducks on the hill (or maybe not...Mr. Syndrome claims we were safe inside the train), but it would be worse to be walked down metal stairs. The SGs were going insane on the poor workers when we got back because there were lots of ruined cell phones.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal