A big thank you!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Jenny1979
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

A big thank you!

Post by Jenny1979 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:45 am

Hi, I'm not a Cast Member or even an SG, just a regular gal who loves going to Disneyland. I've been coming to this site for almost 2 years now and reading posts. I always wondered what it was like behind the scenes at Disney and especially what the Cast Members go through on a typical day in the park. Having worked in retail before I knew you guys probably have it way worse and boy was I right. I give you major props for keeping the "magic" alive and well despite what you put up with. I totally understand why you'd have a message board like this because you definitely should have a place to vent and chat with each other. No job is without it's SGs, so I get it.

You're so lucky to work there and I want you all to know how much you mean to regular people like me who go to the park to escape from reality and be a kid again. Sometimes its the little things you say or do that make me smile when I'm there. For example, on my birthday last year I had a button and got so many "Happy Birthday Jenny!"s and that made my day.

So I'm turning 30 on December 15th and I will be in the park both the 14th and 15th. I cannot imagine a better place to turn the big Three Oh than a place that makes me feel like I'm forever 5!

Thank you for all your hard work and spirit!

Jenny

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: A big thank you!

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:47 am

Allow me, the resident dragon, to be the first to welcome you. The marsupial welcoming committee should be along shortly to make it official though they are sometimes slow to notice someone new.

As to your post, there are many none CMs here and 9 out of 10 of us agree, it's the CMs that make the parks so great.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:53 pm

And the tenth one who doesn't agree would be....? :p:

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:55 pm

felinefan wrote:And the tenth one who doesn't agree would be....? :p:
Banned*... :rolleyes:

*of course this means roasted and eaten by me.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:39 pm

Happy Birthday early Jenny. If you are in the park, go to Frontierland and wee if you can get on the Mark Twain when they have the Tiana's Showboat Jubilee! Get there early before the shows and see if you can get in on the fun. My friend I did that last week and had a blast!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:19 am

Jenny1979 wrote:Hi, I'm not a Cast Member or even an SG, just a regular gal who loves going to Disneyland. I've been coming to this site for almost 2 years now and reading posts. I always wondered what it was like behind the scenes at Disney and especially what the Cast Members go through on a typical day in the park. Having worked in retail before I knew you guys probably have it way worse and boy was I right. I give you major props for keeping the "magic" alive and well despite what you put up with. I totally understand why you'd have a message board like this because you definitely should have a place to vent and chat with each other. No job is without it's SGs, so I get it.

You're so lucky to work there and I want you all to know how much you mean to regular people like me who go to the park to escape from reality and be a kid again. Sometimes its the little things you say or do that make me smile when I'm there. For example, on my birthday last year I had a button and got so many "Happy Birthday Jenny!"s and that made my day.

So I'm turning 30 on December 15th and I will be in the park both the 14th and 15th. I cannot imagine a better place to turn the big Three Oh than a place that makes me feel like I'm forever 5!

Thank you for all your hard work and spirit!

Jenny
have a very fun and happy birthday!

My tradition is that I spend my birthday in one of the parks!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:05 pm

Lasolimu wrote:...The marsupial welcoming committee should be along shortly to make it official though they are sometimes slow to notice someone new....
I'll say it again: The Marsupial Welcoming Committee, like royalty, is never late. Our arrival is the very definition of "on time." :p:

Jenny1979,
:welcome: to :sgt: from :wallaby: and :wombat: !!! :D: :D: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:16 pm

BRWombat wrote:I'll say it again: The Marsupial Welcoming Committee, like royalty, is never late. Our arrival is the very definition of "on time." :p:
I never said you were late, just slow. And you should be careful, most marsupials are mere snacks to me. :roasting:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:40 am

BRWombat wrote: like royalty, is never late. Our arrival is the very definition of "on time." :p:
Wish I could use this line with CDS. HA!

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:30 pm

Lasolimu wrote:I never said you were late, just slow. And you should be careful, most marsupials are mere snacks to me. :roasting:
Most, perhaps. But B.W. and I happen to be Marsupials of Unusual Size. :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter