Boredem...

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sat May 01, 2004 10:11 pm

Special Effects. Although I wouldn't mind doing commercial if I stayed at Disney. Although I would much rather do the special effects blowing stuff up. Perhaps in pictures or a show or something like that.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

SpaceRanger
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SpaceRanger » Mon May 03, 2004 1:04 am

haha you'd all love my house on the 4th of july... let's just say we get a little TOO into the having fun with fireworks. :wink: We've actually gotten the whole block into coming over and seeing what things we've come up with... and we always have a fireworks RACE (we call it the "picolo pete 500"... everyone makes their own car (or just goes out and buys a cheap plastic model) and you put whatever amount of picolo petes you want on it, then we race 'em down the street- see which one can go the fastest and which can go the furthest. We've been doing that for years and years now. It started when we were just bored and playing around with some left over fireworks. We've come a long way in perfecting it and learning valueable lessons, like DON'T wear sandles.

God must love stupid people. He made so many of them.

pixiedust
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pixiedust » Mon May 03, 2004 4:05 am

SpaceRanger wrote:haha you'd all love my house on the 4th of july... let's just say we get a little TOO into the having fun with fireworks. :wink: We've actually gotten the whole block into coming over and seeing what things we've come up with... and we always have a fireworks RACE (we call it the "picolo pete 500"... everyone makes their own car (or just goes out and buys a cheap plastic model) and you put whatever amount of picolo petes you want on it, then we race 'em down the street- see which one can go the fastest and which can go the furthest. We've been doing that for years and years now. It started when we were just bored and playing around with some left over fireworks. We've come a long way in perfecting it and learning valueable lessons, like DON'T wear sandles.
I am jealous. Last year was my first year being able to do fireworks, being that I have lived in Anaheim since I was three. My boyfriend and I had a blast cause he's in Lakewood, and this sounds like something I might bring up as a fun idea this year

"'Tis easy enough to be pleasant, when life flows along like a song;
But the man worth while is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong."

-Ella Wheeler Wilcox

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Mon May 03, 2004 12:10 pm

SpaceRanger wrote:the "picolo pete 500"...

Piccalo Pete + Squeezing Vice = BOOM! :twisted:

Aw jeez, someday...I'm gonna post all of my fun little firework adventures I've had...someday...

Anyways, reminding me of Piccalo Petes, we used to squeeze them in our vice (and still do, I have one sitting on my computer desk) and then light them off. One year my insane older cousin decided to start strapping on old Star Wars action figures of mine. We blew up Luke, Han, and Darth. There were little parts everywhere. :lol:

It was funny until I realized I just lost 3 action figures.... (I was 10 at the time)

I have many more Pete stories, from airplanes to trying to load one onto a hotwheels car, but...I'm going to save those for a rainy day.

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.