Grad Nite 2009

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Grad Nite 2009

Post by glendalais » Sat May 16, 2009 5:18 pm

And it's that time of year again - when screaming High School Graduates take over The Happiest Place on Earth.

Grad Nite 2009 at Disneyland Park, along with the corresponding Blast-Off Party at Disney's California Adventure Park, will be held on 14, 21 and 28 May, as well as on 4, 10, 11 and 18 June.

Helping alleviate some of the pressure this year, Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia is also hosting their first (and, depending on the continued survival of that company, possibly only) Grad Nite, which is drawing many local High Schools (my former Alma Matter included).

Anyway, we all know you have your stories! Share them here! :D:

GuestJockey
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Grad Nite 2009

Post by GuestJockey » Sun May 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Polar33 wrote:When I heard that the first thing that I thought of was "I wonder how many of the schools that will go to Six Flags are schools that have been barred from Disneyland's Grad Nite."

Best luck to those employed at Magic Mountain.
Here here! Poor souls.

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Sun May 17, 2009 2:56 pm

Polar33 wrote:When I heard that the first thing that I thought of was "I wonder how many of the schools that will go to Six Flags are schools that have been barred from Disneyland's Grad Nite."

Oh, So that has actually happened?
That's pretty funny.

heheh..
Disneyland's loss is Six Flag's gain.

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Mon May 18, 2009 9:53 am

Disneyguy85 wrote: heheh..
Disneyland's loss is Six Flag's gain.
Oh, trust me....any school that has been banned from Grad Nite is certainly no loss. There are always plenty to replace them. In fact, this year our first one (which was this last Thursday) had low attendance but all of the rest are sold out.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon May 18, 2009 10:43 am

But, if Six Flags takes them knowing they're banned from Disney, then Six Flags has "gained" whatever they get.

Heh heh heh.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Mon May 18, 2009 11:06 am

I think Six Flags MM has had lots of experience with a "tougher" crowd, not to say that DL doesn't get them, too. Had to laugh, the one time I accidentally discovered an undercover DL security person, he looked like one of those "tough guys" :p: He was monitoring a bunch of Jr. High School idiots on Pirates.

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Mon May 18, 2009 11:42 am

glendalais wrote:Helping alleviate some of the pressure this year, Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia is also hosting their first (and, depending on the continued survival of that company, possibly only) Grad Nite, which is drawing many local High Schools (my former Alma Matter included).
After being in CA for over 35 years, I'm surprised Six Flags MM has never held grad night before.

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Mon May 18, 2009 11:59 am

Ms. Matterhorn wrote:After being in CA for over 35 years, I'm surprised Six Flags MM has never held grad night before.
They need the money.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Mon May 18, 2009 6:21 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:But, if Six Flags takes them knowing they're banned from Disney, then Six Flags has "gained" whatever they get.

Heh heh heh.
Yes, that exactly what I meant! :cool:

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue May 19, 2009 12:40 am

Disneyguy85 wrote:Yes, that exactly what I meant! :cool:
Ah. Sarcasm is so easily lost in type.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?