Today's Before Coffee Thoughts

A place to be entertained. Videos, jokes, games, and more.
Forum rules
At the old Disney Hyperion Studio, the screening room where animators would show animated scenes to Walt for his approval was small, with no ventilation or AC. Not only was it hot, but the animators were nervously awaiting Walt's reaction to their work. Thus, the room became known as the Sweatbox. Even after the Studio moved to Burbank and elegant screening rooms were offered to the staff, the moniker remained.

Now SGT has a sweatbox of our own. This is the place to find and post all entertaining topics such as video links, jokes, games, and the like. A general rule of thumb is that if the thread is meant to be informative (interesting news stories for example), or a topic for discussion (like setting up a park meet) then it should go in the Break Room, but if the intent is to entertain the masses then it's home is The Sweatbox. I'm sure there will be grey areas at times, so if you have doubt as to where a new thread should go, just use your best judgement and the SGT Staff will be glad to move it later if you guessed wrong.
drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Today's Before Coffee Thoughts

Post by drcorey » Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:58 am

years ago, when bunnys wanted to go dancing, they went to the hop.
these days do they prefer hip-hop instead?
hmm, what do you call the drink carrot juice and vodka? Welsh Rabbit?

Corey

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Today's Before Coffee Thoughts

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:42 pm

Those are definitely thoughts from before coffee.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:10 am

drcorey wrote:years ago, when bunnys wanted to go dancing, they went to the hop.
these days do they prefer hip-hop instead?
hmm, what do you call the drink carrot juice and vodka? Welsh Rabbit?
I've just always wondered if they rub their own feet for luck.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Whazzup
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Whazzup » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:30 am

What do you get when you drop a piano down a mine shaft?
(scroll down)

A Flat Miner! :D:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:33 am

BRWombat wrote:I've just always wondered if they rub their own feet for luck.
Why are rabbit's feet considered lucky? The rabbit wasn't so lucky when he had the feet, they got chopped off.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Why are rabbit's feet considered lucky? The rabbit wasn't so lucky when he had the feet, they got chopped off.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit%27s_foot
Seems that it has to do with voodoo or hoodoo. Read up if you want. Basically it was a talisman that got its lucky properties only under certain circumstances but in time everyone wanted the lucky talisman and the religious beliefs were lost.

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:39 pm

mechurchlady wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbit%27s_foot
Seems that it has to do with voodoo or hoodoo. Read up if you want. Basically it was a talisman that got its lucky properties only under certain circumstances but in time everyone wanted the lucky talisman and the religious beliefs were lost.
good thing it wasn't a lucky rabbit leg, or ears, or head...

Corey

Lasolimu
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Lasolimu » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:46 pm

Speaking if rabbit heads, that reminds me of a story my macroeconomics professor decided to tell the class. If you are sensitive about the topic of bunny heads, stop reading now.

When he was young he lived in the middle of nowhere Utah and one of the things they liked to do was spotlight rabbits(this involves shining a spotlight on them to get the deer in headlights effect and shooting them). One of his friends apparently liked to take a knife and cut off the heads and leave them in peoples mailboxes.

I of course have no way of knowing if this story is true. I suspect it is not simply because of what it entailed, but on the other hand I suspect it is because there really is nothing to do out there.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:08 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Why are rabbit's feet considered lucky? The rabbit wasn't so lucky when he had the feet, they got chopped off.
I've always though the same about the "lucky penny" -- someone else had to lose it before you found it! :)

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

drcorey
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by drcorey » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:37 pm

Lasolimu wrote:Speaking if rabbit heads, that reminds me of a story my macroeconomics professor decided to tell the class. If you are sensitive about the topic of bunny heads, stop reading now.

When he was young he lived in the middle of nowhere Utah and one of the things they liked to do was spotlight rabbits(this involves shining a spotlight on them to get the deer in headlights effect and shooting them). One of his friends apparently liked to take a knife and cut off the heads and leave them in peoples mailboxes.

I of course have no way of knowing if this story is true. I suspect it is not simply because of what it entailed, but on the other hand I suspect it is because there really is nothing to do out there.
wow, now thats what you call getting a little head...

Corey