Test run of new bag check/stroller transfer system

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Test run of new bag check/stroller transfer system

Post by SRT_GB » Sun Feb 22, 2004 11:51 pm

Apparently in response to guest complaints about having to check bags at the parks' entrances each time they enter/park hop, they test ran a system this week that put the bag checks out behind the ticket booths. That way, guests who are park hopping just have to cross the esplanade and enter the other park without having their bags checked again each time. Of course, if they leave into Downtown Disney or anywhere out of the vicinity of the Main Entrance esplanade they have to get the bags checked again. The added bonus to the guests is that they can take their strollers and wheelchairs between the parks, instead of having to drop the strollers off at each park and pick up another at the other park when they park hop. Again they can't go past the bag check tents with the strollers.

To my knowledge the test run was only for this weekend, but I could be wrong. There are all kinds of rumors about it but I won't post them here.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

CujoSR
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CujoSR » Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:28 am

I got to experience this test. Although I think it is really ugly in it's current state it seems like a great program. When I come in with the gun in my pants I can place it in my bag without worring about being checked when I park hop. :twisted:

"A little swordplay, now and then, keeps my mind off sheep!"

"You're messing with my Zen thing, man."

"Dreams are as portals,
flat visions of misty places,
fragments bound below my surface,
but I can write dreams,
they flow from me,
inscribed but now unbound,
I touch them,
and they are real,
and they are real."

Wizard69
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Test run of new bag check/stroller transfer system

Post by Wizard69 » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:26 pm

SRT_GB wrote:Apparently in response to guest complaints about having to check bags at the parks' entrances each time they enter/park hop, they test ran a system this week that put the bag checks out behind the ticket booths. That way, guests who are park hopping just have to cross the esplanade and enter the other park without having their bags checked again each time. Of course, if they leave into Downtown Disney or anywhere out of the vicinity of the Main Entrance esplanade they have to get the bags checked again. The added bonus to the guests is that they can take their strollers and wheelchairs between the parks, instead of having to drop the strollers off at each park and pick up another at the other park when they park hop. Again they can't go past the bag check tents with the strollers.

To my knowledge the test run was only for this weekend, but I could be wrong. There are all kinds of rumors about it but I won't post them here.
Screw the god damn guests because now we have to go to the Esplanade to pick up strollers these assholes abandon instead of just having to go to the gates.

I'm for the new bag check part though. Although I can see flaws. In the previous system you had to get checked twice (not that the first time was very thorough anyways). But at least maybe when you cross over, something might be caught the second time that was missed. The new way, if it's missed, it's missed (unless you exit the security checkpoint and have to return.

pixiedust
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pixiedust » Mon Feb 23, 2004 2:56 pm

Oooohhh.. so is that why Brick Cart 1 spent half an hour yerterday trying to get Stroller 1 on the radio? LOL We were amused, cause they use the same radio frequency as us.

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Mon Feb 23, 2004 3:25 pm

pixiedust wrote:Oooohhh.. so is that why Brick Cart 1 spent half an hour yerterday trying to get Stroller 1 on the radio? LOL We were amused, cause they use the same radio frequency as us.
Actually it's because the brick cart doesnt have a phone and because it's so remote from the rest of our complex the leads tend to forget about it. Mix that with the fact that the DL stroller shop lead (Stroller 1) rarely listens to the radio.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

pixiedust
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by pixiedust » Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:47 pm

SRT_GB wrote: Actually it's because the brick cart doesnt have a phone and because it's so remote from the rest of our complex the leads tend to forget about it. Mix that with the fact that the DL stroller shop lead (Stroller 1) rarely listens to the radio.
Yes. I suppose that would do it as well. :) Is it wrong of me that I was contemplating looking up the stroller shop number and saying "hey.. just letting you know that brick cart is trying to contact you" :wink:

It's just interesting to hear, because even though they share a radio channel with us, it's rare to hear any radio calls.

Wubbo
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Wubbo » Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:27 am

yeah i experienced it too. i have to cross that to get to work and i was running right on time, and i didn't know about the new bag checking tests so i cut thru the line to get thru it fast.....but i wear a many-pocketed backpack which they insisted on checking even tho i showed them my work i.d. and i was a minute late!!! grrrrr....ahh whatever tho... 8) i got it removed later by my manager. :D