This is a Theme Park Attraction, not an Adult Day Care Centre!

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

This is a Theme Park Attraction, not an Adult Day Care Centre!

Post by glendalais » Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:44 am

I heard this one from another CM recently.

Apparently, an entire family, inclduing the Grandmother, recently went on the submarines here at Disneyland Park. Getting off, they left the Grandmother, in her wheelchair (I believe), sitting in the exit/loading area, while they went off to experience the other Attractions.

She just sat there, and when asked by a CM, explained that she was waiting for her family to come back (assumably from the Submarines).

Anyway...15 minutes became 30, which became an hour, which became THREE HOURS, by which time everyone realized that this poor woman (who was as sweet and non-SGish as could possibly be, by the way, bless her heart) had been basically abandonned by her family.

The family eventually comes back to claim their unwanted member, and the Lead yells at them that they couldn't just simply leave unwanted family members behind. They get all SG and start to yell at the Lead, apparently stating that she's part of their group and they'll do as they please :rolleyes: .

The nerve of some people :mad: .

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: This is a Theme Park Attraction, not an Adult Day Care Centre!

Post by ktulu » Sat Dec 06, 2008 7:34 am

WOW! The subs are a horrible place to leave Grandma for 3 hours, I'd leave her near the castle. It is better for people watching...

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:21 am

Mom loved to set with popcorn and a coke at the Matterhorn as it had trees and flowers and lots of harried tourists. A miracle she did not get sick from setting there so long as the submarine area as with most of Tomorrowland has little shade.

New thread topic is: Where to leave love ones while you are seeing the parks?

We will have WDW, Knotts, DLR, Iniversal Studios, and other parks as subdivisions. We can have also family subdivisions.

Best place to dump granny at Knotts is at the Saloon or on the train, lol.
Best place to leave granny at AK is on one of the trails.
Best place to leave granny at DCA is in the Animation Studio thing or the boardwalk so she can watch the Sun Wheel.
Best place to leave granny at the Studios is in the backlot.
Best place to leave granny at Epcot is in the Living Seas or out in front of Test Track.
And for MK the best place to leave granny is in toontown where she can be a kid.

OK sorry but I had my fun and do find that the people were very mean to ditch granny like that.

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Post by DisneyMom » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:34 pm

Wow! As a nurse, I can only think the worst....
Elderly lady, wheelchair bound,left without loved ones for three hours...
potential for-being victimized by random visitors,falling into sub lagoon or just plain falling, unable to relieve pressure to bottom for 3 hours resulting in bedsore (especially if incontinent), dehydration, hypoglycemia,unanticipated
emergency health event(chest pain,stroke) or being moved to an unknown place......
Negligent family is lucky the cops weren't called! :mad:

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:45 pm

Maybe the same bunch who played Runaway Granny over in Adventureland one day...heard 'em saying as we walked over the entrance incline, "Wouldn't it be cool to just let her go?" Then they did!! I saw the wheelchair coming out of the corner of my eye and got out of the way. One SG realized they'd made a grave error and ran after it, but she only got it by one handle. The momentum was going to tip it, but Mr. Syndrome was close enough to grab it and steady it. They weren't rattled at all, just said, "Thanks, we had a runaway granny there!" and traipsed off, probably on their way to abandon her at Aladdin's Flying Carpets.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:04 pm

That's elder abuse. I hope they got a lecture on the defination of elder abuse, and asked how they would like it if they were treated like that. I think after an hour she should've been asked if she needed anything, a drink offered, etc.. They can't nail you to the wall for being nice to Grandma. They are wrong--they cannot do as they please when the life of an elderly person is involved! I hope she wrote them out of her will.

turkeyham
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by turkeyham » Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:25 pm

When I went to the MK a few years ago, there was a family that did the run away granny in a wheel chair routine. They were not to bright. :eek:

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:55 am

I have only done it by accident with mom as I know how hard it is to stop a fat lady in a chair. Luckily she knows how to stop herself.

What Disneymom said is what I was thinking but could not say it. I wonder what they do to that poor woman when she is at home. Left in a corner all day with nothing to do.

Disneyguy85
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Disneyguy85 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:36 pm

glendalais wrote:The nerve of some people :mad: .

Indeed.

Horrible people!

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:32 pm

I can't understand some people at all. They are useless and take up too much space on the planet. Poor Granny, with a family like that I would adopt her to be my granny and take her on all the rides she wanted. She would sure be treated a whole lot better by us, than her "Just waiting for the Darwin Award" family!

Grandparents and parents of the older generations have so much to offer in the way of family history and just great stories about the old days. I LOVE the elderly, they are so cool and I learn so much from them. They have lots of love to give and deserve a loving family in return.
That granny should cut everyone of em out of the will and go spend the money on herself, on trips, cruises, wherever she wants to go WITHOUT the family. She should meet a nice old gramps and have a happy life!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!