Excellence at WDW

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:33 am

Zazu wrote: I just hope there's some sign of the Wells expedition.
WHY??? The guy was not a friend to Joe Average Cast Member. He used to try to bait c.m.'s to screw up in front of him. Thanks to him, the prices went up at the Inn Between and the other c.m. dining locations... :evil: I mean, when he died, in Anaheim there were a lot of folks saying one down two to go...then Katzenberg quit...unfortunately, the truly evil one (and his ego) is still with the company...

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 8:44 pm

BirdMom wrote:unfortunately, the truly evil one (and his ego) is still with the company...
I have a feeling that the last evil one in the company will be gone by years end. . . :D But I just wonder how the transition peroid will be, after all we have contract negotiations at WDW comming up, and will we be in a peroid of "anarchy" or will the evil one be there until after we have voted on a contract.

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Sun Feb 08, 2004 2:08 pm

I have no such expectations of regime change at TWDC this year. Best I can hope for (short of a car wreck) is a change at the stockholders meeting in 2005.

Then again, contract negotiations may well drag on that long. At WDW the part-timers are now organized, and their coverage will have to be included with the full-timers. I don't expect that to be a rapid or easy process.

Zazu

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 3:19 pm

Zazu wrote:Then again, contract negotiations may well drag on that long
They have already broken down a few times already, and that is just with the part-timers. Before the even attempt to negoitate the entire body of the contract they are going to negoitate all the side letters, and if negoitations are breaking down already, we may be without a contract for a while.

DisneyPrincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Excellence at WDW

Post by DisneyPrincess » Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:56 pm

IndyBob wrote:The last note I wanted to tell about was at MGM Studios. The Backlot Tram ride is closed for rehab perminately and where they tore down the residential street part of the tour, they are replacing it with an American version of the motorcycle stunt show from the Paris Studios.
It's not closed permanently, it's closed until the Stunt Show opens. The new route to the tram will be going around the show when it's running, and through the show when it's not running.

coldfire409
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by coldfire409 » Fri Feb 27, 2004 8:53 pm

DisneyPrincess wrote:It's not closed permanently, it's closed until the Stunt Show opens. The new route to the tram will be going around the show when it's running, and through the show when it's not running.
Did you hear what a lot of the tram drivers for the backlot tour were saying though? With the turn that they have to make the tram will take out some sections of seating. Also remember last year when the Great Movie Ride went down for rehab? The 7 week rehab turned into a 4 month rehab because Disney didn't want to pay for the ride to be open. It pissed off many people, guests, cast and almost everybody else in area 4.

Elvis didn't do no drugs!

DisneyPrincess
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by DisneyPrincess » Fri Feb 27, 2004 9:14 pm

coldfire409 wrote:
DisneyPrincess wrote:It's not closed permanently, it's closed until the Stunt Show opens. The new route to the tram will be going around the show when it's running, and through the show when it's not running.
Did you hear what a lot of the tram drivers for the backlot tour were saying though? With the turn that they have to make the tram will take out some sections of seating. Also remember last year when the Great Movie Ride went down for rehab? The 7 week rehab turned into a 4 month rehab because Disney didn't want to pay for the ride to be open. It pissed off many people, guests, cast and almost everybody else in area 4.
Yes. It's the tightest turn around the trams have ever done. And I remember that too. :(

IndyBob
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Location: Former Attractions East & West: Indy, Mansion, Splash and my fav SPACE!!; and again Mansion &

Post by IndyBob » Tue Mar 02, 2004 3:10 pm

coldfire409 wrote:A rollercoaster called Mt. Everest. I don't know many details except for that. Oh and it isn't supposed to open until 2006.
Check out some of these cool photos and story of Expedition Everest for DAK

http://www.wdwmagic.com/beastly.htm
or
http://disneytastesgood.blogspot.com/