Snappy Answers or aka Screwing with Guests

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: Snappy Answers or aka Screwing with Guests

Post by lady ulrike » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:51 pm

I love that story. I so want something like that to happen to me on my last day so I can tell them off and not have to worry about the complaint. Like this woman yesterday, for example, she was bitching about how 'half' the rides were closed and she didn't get to pay half price to come in....blah, blah, blah (By the way, I was just grouping my line and asked if they were having a good day when she jumps into this)

I mean really, there's 3 very simple ways for people to find out what rides are closed before they buy their ticket and go into the park, including a sign by the ticket booth (That's still there, right, I don't know for sure, I never buy tickets) And besides that, there's like what, 10 attractions closed right now? Out of boredom once I counted the attractions listed on the map and there were like 80 something, so that's really not half now is it.

If it was my last day and I got something like the above, I would respond with total sarcasm and just try to make the guest feel as stupid as they are, which might be pretty tough to do.

AngelPR
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by AngelPR » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:01 pm

I don't know if any of you work the photo shops, but now they are offering "packages" like 2 5x7 for 19.95 and 5x7 and 4 wallets, that sort of stuff, but the pics are printed out in one sheet. A guest walks up 2 me and a co--worker hands us their receipt and we exchange pleasurenties. When the guest sees that both their pics are on one sheet she says"We were suppose to get 2 5x7s whats that"

"your 5x7s" I said

"But aren't you gonna cut them ?", she replied

"No Ma'am we can't its our policy", my co-worker said

"But they said we are getting 2 5x7s" now in a louder tone

Finally i was so mad i said "Ma'am they said you would get 2 5x7s, they did not say we were gonna cut them"

She bought it and I couldn't belive it. I didn't hear a peep from here.

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:52 pm

lady ulrike wrote:I mean really, there's 3 very simple ways for people to find out what rides are closed before they buy their ticket and go into the park, including a sign by the ticket booth (That's still there, right, I don't know for sure, I never buy tickets) And besides that, there's like what, 10 attractions closed right now? Out of boredom once I counted the attractions listed on the map and there were like 80 something, so that's really not half now is it.
I just begin wondering if the sign is too high for the guests to read. It is like they are too lazy to read signs. The signs should be at around eye level for them to read it.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

murf
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by murf » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:59 am

I have two that I use all the time...
First, at the toll booth @ m&f structure..
guest: Can't I park up front, I used to be able to?
me: Sorry they put a theme park there!

Second, while loading trams..
me: at this time we ask that there be NO more boarding please wait for the next tram...
guests continue to board...
me: please do not board the tram at this time..
guests continue to board and even run up to the tram..
me: no more boarding at this time!
and after they get on anyway I say thank you for listening!

I am a bad person but sometimes I just cant help it! :twisted:

The world is a carousel of color

Oh yeah, WELCOME HOME!

mentu
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by mentu » Thu Mar 24, 2005 11:35 pm

whenever people come up to the Mansion and ask how long the wait is (with a huge sign above me with the wait time), I always say "3 hours".

Or if they ask if this is the Haunted Mansion, I say "No, it's the teacups." One day I had three different guests think I was telling the truth and started walking away.

It was raining last week and I was telling the guests to leave the canopied area at the exit b/c they started piling up. I then said "pretend you're getting wet on splash mountain only with no wait". This one guest said "I don't want to get wet". I answered with "If you didn't want to get rained on, why did you go to Florida?"

I also love the "do you know where the...(bathrooms/smoking area/attraction) is ?" question. I say "yes" and continue greeting.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sat Mar 26, 2005 12:42 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:I just begin wondering if the sign is too high for the guests to read. It is like they are too lazy to read signs. The signs should be at around eye level for them to read it.
Dan, think you answered your question :cool: Guests are TOO LAZY!! They'd not read large, bright neon signs if DLR had them. Not many reading guests @ DLR this week. :twisted:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

grimgrinningghost
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by grimgrinningghost » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:52 pm

As to the classic, "what time is the three o'clock parade?" ..... (First of all, why do they call it that and still ask? I mean ...wow.) The classic DRC answer was provided to me over a year ago by a close friend across the cubicle. It sadly, only works in mega peak, spring break and xmas week, but I live to answer... "Ma'am the three o'clock parade has been cancelled today in order to bring you the two o'clock and four o'clock parades." It confuses them while politely pointing out that their question is moronic, and gives me a great excuse to hit the mute button and giggle. :rolleyes:

Freethinker78
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Freethinker78 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:43 pm

As I read through these "snappy answers" posts, I realize that you guys at Disney are WAY too nice compared to the one that I am about to lay on you. This is not my snappy response but one that I overheard.

We were shut down due to lightning in the area and a guest comes up to a team member and asks them when the ride would open back up. The team member, who had had enough of these stupid questions, responds "hang on a second and I will find out". The team member thusly proceeds to whip out his cell phone and open it up as if to call someone. The team member then acts like he is typing in a phone number and says "God, do you know when you plan on moving this storm from over our park so that these people can ride our roller coasters?" The team member then puts the cell phone back into his pocket, looks right at the guest and says "nope God doesn't even know when we will open back up."

As far as I know, the guest never even reported the incident. By the way, this is a Six Flags park.

Natural Selection Fan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Natural Selection Fan » Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:46 am

The cell phone alone could be the end at Disney. But great use of props!

If you ever stop and ask yourself: "How do they dress themselves?"
Congratulations and welcome to my world.

Freethinker78
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Freethinker78 » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:54 am

Natural Selection Fan wrote:The cell phone alone could be the end at Disney. But great use of props!

Yeah, the cell phone would, at the very least, get you written up in the Six Flags world.