Going down in a blaze of glory

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
SWTexasBelle
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: Going down in a blaze of glory

Post by SWTexasBelle » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:48 pm

I hate, hate, hate Dinoland because I have to constantly tell my boys that NO we are not going to spend MORE money on games they will not win. I actually let them play one game last time just to show them that they wouldn't. I really resent having to deal with that. Once I pay to walk through those gates, I shouldn't have to pay for any other "attraction", imho.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:15 pm

SWTexasBelle wrote:I hate, hate, hate Dinoland because I have to constantly tell my boys that NO we are not going to spend MORE money on games they will not win. I actually let them play one game last time just to show them that they wouldn't. I really resent having to deal with that. Once I pay to walk through those gates, I shouldn't have to pay for any other "attraction", imho.
I didn't know that you had to pay extra for games, but then again, the closest we got was next to the dino twirl as we were waiting in line for the Nemo stage show. We don't normally visit in that area.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:25 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I didn't know that you had to pay extra for games, but then again, the closest we got was next to the dino twirl as we were waiting in line for the Nemo stage show. We don't normally visit in that area.
There's a bunch of carnival midway-style games in there. Dinosaur, the playground and all are good but I don't like the roadside attraction portion of Dinoland. I don't like how it just seems sorta thrown in there and uses "off the shelf" attractions and games. If for some strange reason I wanted to play a carnival game I'll go to a carnival, not a Disney park. I don't really like roadside fairs and carnivals and avoid them. I don't really like the idea of an area in a Disney park being themed after one.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:33 pm

Shorty82 wrote:There's a bunch of carnival midway-style games in there. Dinosaur, the playground and all are good but I don't like the roadside attraction portion of Dinoland. I don't like how it just seems sorta thrown in there and uses "off the shelf" attractions and games. If for some strange reason I wanted to play a carnival game I'll go to a carnival, not a Disney park. I don't really like roadside fairs and carnivals and avoid them. I don't really like the idea of an area in a Disney park being themed after one.
Thats funny, we kind of got the same vibe from it, the only thing we do like to do is go on the Dinosaur ride, as it reminds us of the Indiana Jones ride. When we go to AK we try and go on the Safari, then the Dinosaur, and end up at Rainforest Cafe!! (hate to admit it, but it always seem to be the highlight of a trip to AK!!) After a day of fun, some good food!!

SWTexasBelle
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SWTexasBelle » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:35 pm

My boys hate Dinosaur, so we end up doing the Triceratops Spin - and you can't help but see those damn games. :mad:

Shorty82
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by Shorty82 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:40 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Thats funny, we kind of got the same vibe from it, the only thing we do like to do is go on the Dinosaur ride, as it reminds us of the Indiana Jones ride. When we go to AK we try and go on the Safari, then the Dinosaur, and end up at Rainforest Cafe!! (hate to admit it, but it always seem to be the highlight of a trip to AK!!) After a day of fun, some good food!!
Dinosaur should remind you of the Indiana Jones ride at DL. It uses the exact same kind of ride vehicle and my understanding is that the floor plans are nearly identical.

I haven't eaten at the Rainforest Cafe but will have to sometime. Then again there are a LOT of restaurants around WDW I haven't eaten at but want to eventually.

I enjoy the numerous paths to wander along and see animals up close. Expedition Everest is also a lot of fun.

Around here, however, we don’t look backwards for very long.

We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious…
and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

-Walt Disney
:wwwd:
Keep moving forward

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:50 pm

Shorty82 wrote:Dinosaur should remind you of the Indiana Jones ride at DL. It uses the exact same kind of ride vehicle and my understanding is that the floor plans are nearly identical.

I haven't eaten at the Rainforest Cafe but will have to sometime. Then again there are a LOT of restaurants around WDW I haven't eaten at but want to eventually.

I enjoy the numerous paths to wander along and see animals up close. Expedition Everest is also a lot of fun.
I got "hooked" on the coconut shrimp first time there, since we are usually on vacation, its a treat I like to splurge on!

We alternate on the attractions, but we always seem to "compare" the attractions at DLR to WDW. The differences between the two POTC, and of course Dinosaur/Indiana Jones and so on. We are going back to WDW this year, but I am trying to arrange so that we can go to DLR a few weeks BEFORE the WDW trip, just to say we rode the attractions within the same thirty days!!

SWTexasBelle
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by SWTexasBelle » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:39 pm

My daughter will be at DLR April 18 - 20, and then WDW May 2 - 8. Lucky!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:43 pm

SWTexasBelle wrote:My daughter will be at DLR April 18 - 20, and then WDW May 2 - 8. Lucky!
I would say so!!!!

cool!!!

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:03 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Good point, we would have to make sure everyone was out of lines, but then again, if you are reading here, you could be a part of it!
I'd love to be part of an improv everywhere experience. Have you seen this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkYZ6rbPU2M But, alas, I can only make it down there for a week every few years or so. It would be more likely for me to be in one in NYC, which is only a few hours drive away.

Still, if you do this, please please please don't impede the flow of traffic. It could be really cool, but it could also be annoying.

Also, please tape it and put it online for us to see!