Going down in a blaze of glory

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Going down in a blaze of glory

Post by JugglingFreak » Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:39 am

Well, I'm not a CM but we've had these kinds of talks at every place I've worked and my answer is always the same:

I would just answer every question or request with 100% honesty. Brutal honesty. No PR approved double-speak, just straight answers.

Just to see how long I could do it before being fired.

For example, think of all the answers to guest questions that you've thought to yourself but wouldn't/couldn't say because you'd be fired.. Those kinds of things.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:05 am

JugglingFreak wrote:Well, I'm not a CM but we've had these kinds of talks at every place I've worked and my answer is always the same:

I would just answer every question or request with 100% honesty. Brutal honesty. No PR approved double-speak, just straight answers.

For example, think of all the answers to guest questions that you've thought to yourself but wouldn't/couldn't say because you'd be fired.. Those kinds of things.
I love the "blaze of glory" fantasies, but I have to admit, this is my favorite. It has a certain elegance, and would be a lot of fun!

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:39 am

JugglingFreak wrote:For example, think of all the answers to guest questions that you've thought to yourself but wouldn't/couldn't say because you'd be fired.. Those kinds of things.
I worked for Pac Bell a long time ago. I was standing in front of a central office on break one day. A strange looking dude chatted me up and finally asked, "Which floor has all the secret equipment?"

Without missing a beat I told him the seventh floor. It was where all the old systems were stored before being picked up by recyclers. Kinda like the warehouse in the last scene of Indiana Jones.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:03 am

Zazu wrote:I might try to recruit a class of junior high school kids. Take them to the MK, sneak backstage to Character Costuming, and put them *all* in Mickeys. Then turn them loose in the Park with instructions not to let anybody catch them. I would then go up to the Tink platform in the castle (one of the few places I haven't been) and watch the fun.
Can I go up there with you and watch? That would be hilarious! :hysteria:
JugglingFreak wrote:Well, I'm not a CM but we've had these kinds of talks at every place I've worked and my answer is always the same:

I like this. It is quite smooth and honesty IS the best policy! :twisted:
HRH

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:49 am

Brutal Honesty is fun...
Here are a few.

SG: Is Soarin' in here?
Me: I have an idea, why don't you go inside and look...

SG: Where is Soarin'?
Me: Inside under the big-@$$ sign that says Soarin'!

SG: What is Living With The Land about?
Me: Think about the name then get back to me...

SG: Do you work here?
Me: No I just enjoy wearing this ugly polo, having people yell at me, and I can't remember my name so I'm wearing this nametag.

SG: Where is the fast track?
Me: We don't have one.
SG: Then why is there this FP on the map.
Me: Well that stands for Fastpass and it's downstairs.

SG: Why is it so crowded today?
Me: Because everyone else had the same idea as you and decided to come here.

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

Ms. Matterhorn
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Ms. Matterhorn » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:38 am

I cried at my DLR exit interview! I wasn't fired, I was leaving to become a teacher, but I knew I was going to miss the park so much!

WAH! I wanna go back!

"Excuse me, are those ducks real?"
"Yes, sir, but the water is fake."

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:58 am

BRWombat wrote:I love the "blaze of glory" fantasies, but I have to admit, this is my favorite. It has a certain elegance, and would be a lot of fun!
AS you know, the beauty of that one is that you might have a cause if you decided to sue for wrongful termination!

"Unnnn, your Honor, the CM was terminated for telling the truth to a guest"

Judge: "What?, why are you here, just settle!"

"Unnn, your Honor, its aginst policy to tell the truth to a guest"

Judge: "Hmmm, are you telling the truth NOW?"

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

glendalais
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by glendalais » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:00 pm

CMGUY89 wrote:Brutal Honesty is fun...
Here are a few.

SG: Is Soarin' in here?
Me: I have an idea, why don't you go inside and look...

Me: Inside under the big-@$$ sign that says Soarin'!

SG: What is Living With The Land about?
Me: Think about the name then get back to me...

SG: Do you work here?
Me: No I just enjoy wearing this ugly polo, having people yell at me, and I can't remember my name so I'm wearing this nametag.

SG: Where is the fast track?
Me: We don't have one.
SG: Then why is there this FP on the map.
Me: Well that stands for Fastpass and it's downstairs.

SG: Why is it so crowded today?
Me: Because everyone else had the same idea as you and decided to come here.
Ooh! Ooh! My turn!
(please note, I'm partially delirious from a very bad cold)

SG: Where's Cindarella's Castle?
Me: Exit the parking structure. Make a right at Harbor. A left at Katella. Take Route 57 heading north, and then change to Route 91 heading east. Merge onto Route 60 heading east and from there onto Interstate 10. Right about at San Antonio, you'll want to change over to Loop 1604 heading east and then merge back on to the eastbound I-10. At Baton Rogue, merge over to Interstate 12 heading east, you'll then merge back onto I-10 heading east. You'll then want to change over to Interstate 75 heading south, changing over later to Florida's Turnpike heading south, and then merging later with Florida State Route 429 southbound. Get off at the exit marked "Disney World".

Me: Soarin'? We don't have an Attraction named Soarin'....

SG: It's my birthday, can't I not pay for my food just THIS once?
Me: No. SECURITY!

svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by svickersart » Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:42 pm

glendalais wrote:Ooh! Ooh! My turn!
(please note, I'm partially delirious from a very bad cold)

SG: Where's Cindarella's Castle?
Me: Exit the parking structure. Make a right at Harbor. A left at Katella. Take Route 57 heading north, and then change to Route 91 heading east. Merge onto Route 60 heading east and from there onto Interstate 10. Right about at San Antonio, you'll want to change over to Loop 1604 heading east and then merge back on to the eastbound I-10. At Baton Rogue, merge over to Interstate 12 heading east, you'll then merge back onto I-10 heading east. You'll then want to change over to Interstate 75 heading south, changing over later to Florida's Turnpike heading south, and then merging later with Florida State Route 429 southbound. Get off at the exit marked "Disney World".

Me: Soarin'? We don't have an Attraction named Soarin'....

SG: It's my birthday, can't I not pay for my food just THIS once?
Me: No. SECURITY!

From experience they will never make it past the San Antonio loop. it will end up like the old song about the guy on the train that never returned.

I dont work for Disney but for years I had fantasies about planting a virus in AAA's computers that would change everyones membership numbers. ( I dont work for AAA either but we were an "independant Contractor" for 42 years, so glad we are not anymore.)

Some phrases I like are: (I have had coworkers say some of these things by the way)

Its very nipply today: One of the owners said this to a customer one day.

Are those real? Had a driver say this to a teenage girl one day, yes mom called.

I told someone at AAA they were totally incompetent, it was the truth, he was talkiing dirty to his GF on the phone and keying up the radio while he did it. This got me a visit form some bigwigs cause as they said, "thems fightin words".

One of my favorites is "have a nice day, F**k you very much" See if they catch it.

Why dont you look it up on the internet.

Are you really that stupid?

You can tell where the gene pool ends.

My old man used to yell at women "I hope you get pregnant!"

you should have used a condom.

to bad your mom didnt swallow you.

Steve

dazyhill
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by dazyhill » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:42 pm

felinefan wrote:
Oh, I forgot, though Chicken Dinner Restaurant already has a major roach problem, I'd send millions of the little buggers, plus some rats and mice. And I don't mean the cute, little pet-sized ones, either. I hear that Knott's got some of that tainted meat that was in the news recently. Why am I not surprised?
I don't know if the tainted meat is true,but just the rumor of it and my own paranoia is enough for me not to eat meat cooked on the KBF property! Ugh,I have walk behind the restaurant (where all the trash is) almost every day. It is so gross!