My name is Pattimelt, and I'm an IDIOT!!!!!!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: My name is Pattimelt, and I'm an IDIOT!!!!!!

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:19 am

You remind me of many bus drivers I've met who had to work the Bus with no wheels as we call it, or the Info Booth at TTC. I actually came to enjoy it, but then I was never stuck there. I know of one guy, Terry, a shop steward who was awarded the Partners award this last time around, who was stuck there for a while, and would keep himself entertained by calling guests on the payphone just outside the window when things were slow. He had to leave just a few months ago to go take care of his mother, but if you're looking for someone who is the definition of a Cast Member, this was it. Not too many of them left in buses, especially if they hold the title "shop steward". But most people hated working that booth... many would bring along a good book.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:36 am

Big Wallaby wrote:You remind me of many bus drivers I've met who had to work the Bus with no wheels as we call it, or the Info Booth at TTC. I actually came to enjoy it, but then I was never stuck there. I know of one guy, Terry, a shop steward who was awarded the Partners award this last time around, who was stuck there for a while, and would keep himself entertained by calling guests on the payphone just outside the window when things were slow. He had to leave just a few months ago to go take care of his mother, but if you're looking for someone who is the definition of a Cast Member, this was it. Not too many of them left in buses, especially if they hold the title "shop steward". But most people hated working that booth... many would bring along a good book.
When you work in a position that gives you lots of time to "sit and think" an inventive person will find something to keep the "grey cells" exercised. for example I'm working right at this moment operating two radio stations. One is running the BBC and the other is playing a jazz program (most nights it's Classical music). My main job is to sit here and make sure that there is some kind of sound coming out of each of the speakers to either side of me, and once an hour, press a couple of buttons to play the station ID. So I do a lot of reading, photo editing (on a laptop I carry with me), and chatting with my friends here at SGT (and a few other places on the net). When all else fails I am very good at envisioning things to build or electronics to design and try. It's amazing how easy it is to look like you are paying attention to the people walking past you while actually deep in your mind drawing blueprints or circuit diagrams.

Randy

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:30 am

Big Wallaby wrote:You remind me of many bus drivers I've met who had to work the Bus with no wheels as we call it, or the Info Booth at TTC. I actually came to enjoy it, but then I was never stuck there. I know of one guy, Terry, a shop steward who was awarded the Partners award this last time around, who was stuck there for a while, and would keep himself entertained by calling guests on the payphone just outside the window when things were slow. He had to leave just a few months ago to go take care of his mother, but if you're looking for someone who is the definition of a Cast Member, this was it. Not too many of them left in buses, especially if they hold the title "shop steward". But most people hated working that booth... many would bring along a good book.
You know how I like to interact with our guests, but don't EVER AGAIN stick me on Bus Info.!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek: :bbbat: :angrymob: :chainsaw: :duh: :frypan: :garlic:

I would need more that the Good Book to keep me CM like there.

After trying to help the morons after the Night of Joy, I would quit before working there again.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:42 am

I think if I could have my laptop with its games, I could enjoy it, or if I could look up how to use those balloons under the table to make animals... but not NoJoy. I wouldn't care to work that.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:28 am

Oh No! That is awful! OWIE!!!! Let me know where we can find you. I was gonna come look for you on Friday so now we just have to make adjustments which is NO problem. I will PM you my cell # and you can call us on Thursday and Friday and we will come look for you and entertain you! Ralph will make funny faces and I will dance the Happy Dance to make you laugh and smile!!!!! :p:
susi
Hope to see you this week at DL!!!!!!!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:53 am

Cranbiz wrote:You know how I like to interact with our guests, but don't EVER AGAIN stick me on Bus Info.!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :mad: :mad: :mad: :eek: :eek: :eek: :bbbat: :angrymob: :chainsaw: :duh: :frypan: :garlic:

I would need more that the Good Book to keep me CM like there.

After trying to help the morons after the Night of Joy, I would quit before working there again.
Yeesh! I couldn't imagine working a regular shift there, much less Night of Oy.

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:22 am

CBeilby wrote:Yeesh! I couldn't imagine working a regular shift there, much less Night of Oy.
Go over to the shop by the mermaid fountain at the Studios and borrow the "10 ton weight" that hangs over the registers. Hang this weight over the outside of the window with a sign "Danger stupid questions may get a weighted response". :D:

Randy

February
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by February » Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:25 pm

Oh I hope your ankle is better! I've ripped mine up repeatedly because I can't really feel my left foot anymore, so you have my sincere sympathy!

Get better soon! Looks like you got to meet Susi today hopefully that means you're feeling a little better???

Two things stand like stone:
Kindness in another’s trouble.
Courage in your own.
~Adam Lindsay Gordon

"...and only fireworks will light the sky at night
for all the world can see." ~Keane