scmg

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
iframedroger r
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Re: scmg

Post by iframedroger r » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:24 am

my first guest complaint was from a CM.

She wanted a fee cast water which we use in ODV to hydrate ourselves, and do not give out. I didnt have any with me, and she started ranting and raving about how i should always be stocked with them, blah blah blah, then asked what a regular one would be with her discount, when i told here there were no discounts in ODV, she started screaming at me, before eventually storming off to guest realtions.

I believe she was fresh out of traditions, because she was wearing that cheap lanyard that they give you with her name badge on it, and here ID with all this little cards that they give you, and was in disney business casual.

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:52 am

iframedroger r wrote:my first guest complaint was from a CM.

She wanted a fee cast water which we use in ODV to hydrate ourselves, and do not give out. I didnt have any with me, and she started ranting and raving about how i should always be stocked with them, blah blah blah, then asked what a regular one would be with her discount, when i told here there were no discounts in ODV, she started screaming at me, before eventually storming off to guest realtions.

I believe she was fresh out of traditions, because she was wearing that cheap lanyard that they give you with her name badge on it, and here ID with all this little cards that they give you, and was in disney business casual.
Gee, what about "I don't have any with me" is so hard to understand. I probably would have pointed out that they have three choices. They could move to the next location that may have the free water (which in the parks may be all of 30' away), pay for a water, or take a free drink from a drinking fountain (which is also probably only a few feet away). I just can't understand someone getting upset over something so minor. Sure, if you were surly and confrontational in your response (which I expect not) that could be a bad show worth a complaint. If a polite question of where the nearest location that may have what they want was badly responded to, sure. But if you don't have something at the moment, no amount of yelling will cause one to appear.
:rolleyes:

I guess I have personally found that it is true that a smile and a pleasant request or question will always be more effective than a shouted insult. It works great anywhere, in the parks or in the outside world. :D: I know that I am much more willing to be as helpful as I possibly can when talking to a pleasant person. But someone who demands and complains will probably get the bare minimum help allowed.

Randy

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:31 am

iframedroger r wrote:I believe she was fresh out of traditions, because she was wearing that cheap lanyard that they give you with her name badge on it, and here ID with all this little cards that they give you, and was in disney business casual.
Management material for sure.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:41 am

Thats just stooopid! I was under the impresstion that new CM has some sort of probationary period. Do they not take that to heart? having a fit over a bottle of water is pegging out the BS meter!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

iframedroger r
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by iframedroger r » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:45 pm

That, and they aren't for anyone but ourselves, it gets hot out there in the park, and we need to say hydrated, so we need them.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:14 pm

iframedroger r wrote:That, and they aren't for anyone but ourselves, it gets hot out there in the park, and we need to say hydrated, so we need them.
It sounded like the SG CM didn't care about the CM working. A bit of the "ME first" showing through!

ThunderCat
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by ThunderCat » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:56 pm

pattywack wrote:But, as long as your being so fiesty about it...let them record me, bring it on!!! It's not the first time I'll have taken on a big company and won. BRING IT!!!
Just put her on your Ignore list. I did and it's made SGT much more pleasant.

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:44 pm

As for guests always watching you I have no doubt about that. I know of a KSR driver who answered a text while stopped. A guest took a picture and sent it to GR. The CM was termed.
As for when I visit the parks I always try to be friendly and outgoing to my fellow CM's. I do not under any circumstance flash my ID to get to the front of the line. Sometimes I will ask the greeter if they happen to have an extra rider swap for a fellow CM. But I don't push it if they say no. I always offer them the possibility of a Soarin' FP if they come see me at the Land. Today I was at Studios going on TOT and a CM noticed someone just abandoned their WC in a library. I offered to take the wheelchair to the runner so it could be moved to unload for the guest. The CM looked so shocked it was priceless. I told her I worked at Epcot and understand the difficulty of dealing with wheelchairs. I never bitch about my job to guests. I will sometimes talk about how I want a new attraction but never in an overly negative sense.

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:01 pm

Way to go. Thats showing that you are a CM, even when on your own time! Not many would do that.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:45 am

iframedroger r wrote:my first guest complaint was from a CM.

Couple questions... when it got back to your manager, what did they say? How quickly did she turn nasty? And who told her you had waters you could just give out to any Cast Member you saw?

Sorry, but if you're a CM in the parks on your day off, you're another guest, plain and simple.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?