scmg

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
pattywack
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

scmg

Post by pattywack » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:20 pm

Attn: All Cast Members,

There is a different type of SG and that's us. That's right, I'm talking about cast members that seem to loose all since when they smell the generated confectionary smells of main street. Let's make something clear. Working at a park does not make you any better than the guests. The only thing it does is make it so you should know better than the guests.
Now I'm not talking about all of us. For instance we all know little secrets that make park time more fun. Passing through the tunnels to get to our favorite rides faster and knowing how to utilize fast passes are perfectly exceptable...through my eyes anyways. I'm talking about the jerks that flash their id's to get to the front of the lines. Hello, you should know better.
Let me give you three examples. I work with a girl who is very picky about who gets to ride in the front cabs of the monorails. She will work it so adults and people who have been in the cab before are less likely to get up front than never before riders. She is very rude about it and is breaking a rule that is there for fairness and unity. When she comes to the park for fun guess who's checking to get in the front of the cab for a ride. Everytime, like she's not in there everyday for work already. She will run to the front knocking people out of the way to be the first to act and then will flaunt it to her coworker that is piloting.
The next example happens all the time. I asked a man if he didn't mind moving down and leaving the space he was standing in (clearly marked for handicaped) open for wheelchairs. "What if I do mind?" he askes very snooty obviously trying to joke but being an a** about it. (Are we aloud to cuss here?) So I reply, jokingly, "Well, I'll just have to beat the crap out of you." A bit rude I know but it was a bad day and it was the only thing funny I could come up with on the spot. So he gets all pouty and walks off like the four year old I used to babysit did. I went over and appologised. He said he was a CM and that comment was distasteful. I walked off but man I was mad. As a CM he should have smiled, knowing I'm doing my job, and walked on, or not even stand in a handicap place to begin with. Moron.
My last example, and then I promise to quit. A man asked to see a manager. So I get my manager away from his current task to talk to a seemingly upset guest. This guest talks to him for two hours about random things and then asks to ride in the back of the monorail. My manager is flashing me 'help me' 'get me away from this loser' looks from behind the guests shoulder. I've seen this guests many times since then. He's a CM. I recognise him because he always asks to sit up front and will talk you ear off about things he knows nothing about.
So here is my plea. If you are a CM don't act like a jerk. Do what those working ask you to do. Follow the rules. Don't think you're better than others. Most of all Don't Bother Me, I'm working.

Terrytunes
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: scmg

Post by Terrytunes » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:52 pm

Hmm, I never even considered flashing my ID to get something. The only consideration I ever asked a fellow CM was when I came to the park and forgot my handicapped placard for my car window (left it in my car, my sister was driving her car). I asked the CM in the parking booth if she could park me in the Chip N Dale parking lot. But if she said she couldn't I wouldn't have made a big deal about it. She didn't have a problem with it.
I do remember the time (not at my window, but at my ticket booth) when a off duty CM walked up to the last window, standing behind the guest, bypassing the line, to buy CM annual passes for his guests. The seller behind the window told him that he couldn't do that, that he had to wait in line like everyone else. He would not get out of the window!!! Finally the seller finished the order, but took down the offending CM name, told our Lead, and she said that she would contact his manager about the situation.
Just because we work there shouldn't give us more rights. I personally think that when we go to the park to play, if we can make a guest have a more magical day by being considerate, playing by the rules, not being rude, etc, it makes my day too. Sounds kinda sappy!!!

Terrytunes

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:24 pm

I had two CM's who were in line at Star Tours who were talking very loudly about their job and how he worked on one side and talked smack about the other side. The worst thing is they were doing this very loudly. Not the type of conversation they needed to have in front of other guests. They even slammed the CM who loaded us, again, very loudly. Bad show.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

Theme Park Where
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Theme Park Where » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:24 pm

I'm with you on this! I've had many occassions where I've been around a SG and suddenly realized, that SG is a CM! I've worked in shows quite a bit in the parks too, and something that really bothers me are the CMs who come to see the show on their day off and disrupt it. They call out to their friends on stage, ing out loud or get up and mimic the choreography, or ruin the punch line of a joke by calling it out before the actor can. Usually, it's the operational people, not entertainment, who do this, but I've seen the performers from the shows on their days off ruining the show for the guests. I think they forget that there are guests even there, and get the feeling that the show is just for them.

When I worked in the hotels, the worse guests to check in were often CMs. They were getting their rooms for a terrific discount, but they weren't happy unless they had the best room, with the best view. We had a couple of really tough guests who were upset by everything - complaining about the room, restaurant reservations, everything. I remember pulling up their reservation, and discovering they were on a CM rate. It turned out they were the parents of a CM. We ended up with a manager telling them that if they didn't cool it, they would be taking their child home with them when they were kicked out of the resort, as he or she (can't remember which) was going to be fired.

"The main reason for guests to be in a theme park is to give the employees someone to laugh at after work!"

[font=Comic Sans MS]Gifts for the Theme Park Employee or Enthusiast in your life at Theme Park - Where?[/font]

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:37 pm

please note the following facts:
1. Guests may carry recording devices on them and record your words and/or actions.
2. Guests, CMs, and other people not involved in your confrontation with a guest may have a recording device on them and record your words/and or actions.
3. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law, employer's office, management's office, future employer's office, and/or in chat rooms, boards, media and websites.

That said I just got to say that you got to be very stupid or not really care if you go to jail for threatening to beat up a guest of WDW let alone any company. You bitch about CMs who are SGs but you yourself admit to threatening another guest while on stage performing your duties.

CMs are human beings who happend to work for WDW and can do stupid things at times. It is fun to point them out and call them hypocrits like the lady who works in the monorails. It is not fun to gloat about threatening to beat up an annoying SG who was not threatening you but just gave you a bit of sassy.

HRMPH :mad:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:51 pm

pattywack wrote:Attn: All Cast Members,

There is a different type of SG and that's us. That's right, I'm talking about cast members that seem to loose all since when they smell the generated confectionary smells of main street. Let's make something clear. Working at a park does not make you any better than the guests. The only thing it does is make it so you should know better than the guests.
REDACTED...
So here is my plea. If you are a CM don't act like a jerk. Do what those working ask you to do. Follow the rules. Don't think you're better than others. Most of all Don't Bother Me, I'm working.
It sounds like a few very good observations. I just hope you don't have to endure that a lot. Having read a lot of postings here, and other threads, it seems to me tht the SG CM's are really putting their jobs on the line for a few minor privileges. I guess they feel getting to the head of the line, or riding in the cab, is worth losing their job over.

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:46 am

Oh, I don't have time to respond to this one. I'll be back. Then, I'll rip into the Cast Members who do this stuff.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:09 am

Pattywack: I just have to say you have the BEST AVATAR EVER!!!!!! I have some Runaway Brain pins and a keychain with a flexi fig of Mickey in RB. I wanted one of the figs that Vault was selling, but did not get in on it before they sold out. I know there are some on the web, eBay and such, but these thieves want a mint for them!

I'm glad to see someone else is not frothing at the mouth because Mickey was frothing at the mouth.!!!! ;) I have seen some posts about RB on other Boards and they HATE RB because it is just *Not Disney* Hohohohoho...Have they even seen Walt's early cartoons? Very cartoon-violent in nature, like Roadrunner. When Chip and Dale fire Donald out of a makeshift treecannon over a cliff, that is very much Walt's original antics for the characters. :twisted: Runaway Brain SHOCKED so many people! I LOVE it!!!!! :D:

SORRY OFF TOPIC.......back to your regularly schedule thread......
Susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:21 am

Oh, BTW: Don't quit posting these stories, that is why SGT is here. Get it off your chest and talk about it. This is the place that you CMs come to air your grievances and we as guests support you. :D: There are jags everywhere, even in the Happiest Place on earth offstage... :( I give you all props for putting up with it from both sides, SGs and SCMGs....Holey Moley! You must have some loooooooooong days sometimes....... :(

Anything we can do as Smart Guests, *the anti SG* we will gladly do for the CMs who make our visit to Walt's dream so special!!!!! Thanks for being part of what Walt really wanted. And eventually those SCMGs will be termed, most likely for some idiotic thing they do.... :twisted:
sooze*I loves me my CMs*slicker

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

pattywack
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by pattywack » Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:47 pm

Gezz mechurchlady,

I didn't glote about my comments to the scmg. I know it was bad. What I didn't report was another sg bringing me almost to tears right before. I was obviously trying not to cry at the time this happened. It was the only funny comment I could make and I asked for a break right after because I obviously was no longer in good show. But, as long as your being so fiesty about it...let them record me, bring it on!!! It's not the first time I'll have taken on a big company and won. BRING IT!!!