Mark VII Monorail Has Arrived!

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Mark VII Monorail Has Arrived!

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Dec 21, 2007 5:15 pm

Most important thing: They still require a pilot!

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:20 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Most important thing: They still require a pilot!
?? was there any doubt? I don't think they could automate them with all the SG's around!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:21 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:?? was there any doubt? I don't think they could automate them with all the SG's around!
It looked like Tokyo Disney did. Also, those were the coolest themed monorails, although I really dig the look of the Mark VII.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:47 pm

ktulu wrote:It looked like Tokyo Disney did. Also, those were the coolest themed monorails, although I really dig the look of the Mark VII.

It they were fully automated, it would be like taking the tram at DFW!

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:40 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:It they were fully automated, it would be like taking the tram at DFW!
Yep! Plus you can walk from front to back and even look out the front. I've yet to ride the new trains at DFW. I had a co-worker who bartended at a friday's there and we'd go drink for free, then ride the old train and sober up before going home. This was obviously pre-911.

Shots from my 1.5 hours at Tokyo Disney Resort can be seen here:

http://www.grabowskifamily.net/gallery/ ... p?album=53

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:59 pm

ktulu wrote:Yep! Plus you can walk from front to back and even look out the front. I've yet to ride the new trains at DFW. I had a co-worker who bartended at a friday's there and we'd go drink for free, then ride the old train and sober up before going home. This was obviously pre-911.

Shots from my 1.5 hours at Tokyo Disney Resort can be seen here:

http://www.grabowskifamily.net/gallery/ ... p?album=53
I miss DFW now... The new trams are VERY nice. They are actually made by Bombardier, who consulted with WDI on monorails. They are SOOOO much better than that stupid TrAAin. It broke down ALL THE TIME!!! Once I was flying somewhere and I had a ton of time to kill in DFW and I rode the trains all around. It's better than JFK where you have to leave security to go to another terminal, but most airlines are pretty self-contained.

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

felinefan
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by felinefan » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:12 pm

How many people do those new monorails seat per car? Is the crew cab designed to keep out SGs who insist on riding up front? They look very nice; how fast do they go?

monorail1977
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by monorail1977 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:14 pm

Nice looking train hopefully it will work not like the ones in florida always breaking down!! :twisted:

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:45 am

CMGUY89 wrote:I miss DFW now... The new trams are VERY nice. They are actually made by Bombardier, who consulted with WDI on monorails. They are SOOOO much better than that stupid TrAAin. It broke down ALL THE TIME!!! Once I was flying somewhere and I had a ton of time to kill in DFW and I rode the trains all around. It's better than JFK where you have to leave security to go to another terminal, but most airlines are pretty self-contained.
In October 2001 I was working out of DFW for a few months, when DW and I changed planes there last year, I was REALLY impressed on the new terminal and trains, they did a good job!

Driver_dylan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Driver_dylan » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:19 am

monorail1977 wrote:Nice looking train hopefully it will work not like the ones in florida always breaking down!! :twisted:
First, the WDW monorails are old (the youngest being placed into service 1991) and still average around a 95% efficiancy. Yes they have problems, but they are mostly caused by to many twenty hour days. For the most part we try our best.

Second, the Mark VII are little more than the Mark V with a new body. the frames are the same as well as the internal systems.

To answer another question, acording to what I have heard we are due for new monorails at WDW sometime between 2015 and 2020

VISA. It's everywhere you want to be, and a lot of places you don't.