Guest dies on Expedition Everest

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Guest dies on Expedition Everest

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:26 pm

hobie16 wrote:I'm not afraid of anything I can outrun. :roadrunne
Just as long as you wern't named it the lawsuit!!

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:11 pm

hobie16 wrote:I'm not afraid of anything I can outrun. :roadrunne
Just remember the old joke about the two guys running from an enraged bear. "I don't have to run faster than the bear, just faster than you". :eek: :D:

BTW that's the generic you, not anyone in particular. ;)

Randy

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:22 pm

Randy B wrote:Just remember the old joke about the two guys running from an enraged bear. "I don't have to run faster than the bear, just faster than you". :eek: :D:

BTW that's the generic you, not anyone in particular. ;)

Randy
I was always told that why ya need a walking stick in the woods...to smack the other guy in the knee before you run from a bear!!! (hehehe)

Kwahati
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Kwahati » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:09 am

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:I was always told that why ya need a walking stick in the woods...to smack the other guy in the knee before you run from a bear!!! (hehehe)
That's like a running backpacker's joke in Yellowstone: "You don't need to be able to outrun a bear, you just need to be able to outrun the slowest guy in your group!" :p:

You know, back in the old days, they used to say that if you ran into a bear in the woods, you should climb a tree. Now, they know that's not a great idea. You see, a black bear will just climb up the tree after you to eat you. A griz will just knock the tree down and eat you! :eek:

Yo, it's one universal law but two sides to every story
Three strikes and you be in for life, manditory
Four MC's murdered in the last four years
I ain't tryin to be the fifth one, the millenium is here.
- Mos Def Mathematics

Randy B
In our Memory
In our Memory

Post by Randy B » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:31 am

Kwahati wrote:That's like a running backpacker's joke in Yellowstone: "You don't need to be able to outrun a bear, you just need to be able to outrun the slowest guy in your group!" :p:

You know, back in the old days, they used to say that if you ran into a bear in the woods, you should climb a tree. Now, they know that's not a great idea. You see, a black bear will just climb up the tree after you to eat you. A griz will just knock the tree down and eat you! :eek:
I heard that from my cousin who has been a ranger naturalist for several decades. He said this is how to tell a black bear from a grizzly. You run up and slap him across the muzzle, and then climb a tree. If it comes up after you, its a Black Bear. And if it shakes you down it's a Grizzly. Simple, right? :D:

Randy

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:20 am

The bear story kinda works in Hawaii but with a fishy bent. If you're out surfing and get bit by a shark, you'll be able to tell what kind it is based on what happens next. If it leaves, it's a tiger 'cause they don't like the taste of humans. If it comes back for more, it's a hammerhead.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:08 am

Flame wrote:i'm not a professional or anything, but from what i understand, at that point, not even CPR would help. but if he died after he got off the ride, it might have been easier. because even if his heart stops beating, the brain lives 4 to 6 minutes before you lose brain cells. so if you got him into a freezer that's very, very cold, you could preserve him for awhile until you find someone who would be willing to do a heart transplant (have to be same day though) and then you'd have to find someone who could do a fast enough heart transplant.

hell, not even any of that would be likely. i don't know if Disney has freezers cold enough, but even if they did i doubt you'd find a willing heart donor, or someone capable of doing a transplant in a few short minutes. even if that happened, he might have lost too many brain cells that he'd be as intelligent as the average 5 year old.

They keep Walt in the coldest freezer, there is no room for a guy who needs an instantaneous heart transplant! :twisted: ;)
susi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:01 pm

Kwahati wrote:That's like a running backpacker's joke in Yellowstone: "You don't need to be able to outrun a bear, you just need to be able to outrun the slowest guy in your group!" :p:

Funny!! DW was not amused when we were hiking in Alaska, I got her a "bear bell" for her hiking boots, she asked me what it was for, and I told her it helped the bear figure out where lunch was!! (hehehehe)

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:02 pm

hobie16 wrote:The bear story kinda works in Hawaii but with a fishy bent. If you're out surfing and get bit by a shark, you'll be able to tell what kind it is based on what happens next. If it leaves, it's a tiger 'cause they don't like the taste of humans. If it comes back for more, it's a hammerhead.
What happened to the "fish are our friends, not food?" that dosn't apply to humans I guess!!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:27 pm

Randy B wrote:Hmmmm

BW has a Beauty at home....

He feels at home in the Animal Kingdom....

Are you suggesting that BW is a Beast? :eek: :D:

(runs, ducking the rain of blunt objects being tossed at him)

Randy
No need to run, I freely admit it.

And so does my Beauty! :D: :D: :D:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?