Kid Jumps In JP Splashdown Pool

News about Theme Parks and their parent companies.
GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: Kid Jumps In JP Splashdown Pool

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Dec 15, 2007 5:44 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Hence the "Disney approved facts" that we can use.

Actually, that's all about to be updated, I think.
Yeah, just read something about Google is going to have there own one, except the articles will be by subject matter experts, and it even says something about them getting some revenue from it! (the experts!)

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:22 pm

Yeah, my trainer was using the example of hippos killing more humans per year than any other animal being true, but not something we want our guests thinking about.

I kinda understand :D:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:35 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:Yeah, my trainer was using the example of hippos killing more humans per year than any other animal being true, but not something we want our guests thinking about.

I kinda understand :D:
Yeah, but a lot of people watch animal planet, and KNOW the truth is out there!!

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:45 pm

Of course, but on the Safari, if we're doing a good job, they aren't thinking about what we're not saying...

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:37 am

Good point!! Now about those alligators that can tunnel under ground...

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:14 am

And the Thomson's Gazelles that spit venom...

goofyjoe
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by goofyjoe » Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:46 am

CMGUY89 wrote:I love seeing Guests backstage. It's kinda like a little insight to what we do every day. I am always happy to see a guest if they are happy to see me. I got to do the Soarin' Magical Moment which requires you to take guests backstage around the greenhouses and I gave them a little tour before their "first class upgrade". I recall one guest saying "I don't know how you do it with all of us dummies around you. I would lose my mind." Just goes to show you it takes a village full of special kinds of people. ;)
We had one other "backstage adventure" back in March 2006. Our group (mom, dad, two brothers, two wives, me) showed up at Test Track around 9:30 am to pick up FastPasses. The CM there (who looked an awful lot like peppy Stacy on the Disney hotel TV network) told us that she could take one family every morning to the private suite inside the attraction. We got to see the working GM office, an overhead view of the interior of the ride, and they had some free soda and coffee for us. It was neat to see photos of the proving grounds v. the actual ride.

CMGUY, you work at Epcot, do you recognize the photo in my sig? :cool:

Gawrsh, yah-huh!

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:34 am

goofyjoe wrote:We had one other "backstage adventure" back in March 2006. Our group (mom, dad, two brothers, two wives, me) showed up at Test Track around 9:30 am to pick up FastPasses. The CM there (who looked an awful lot like peppy Stacy on the Disney hotel TV network) told us that she could take one family every morning to the private suite inside the attraction. We got to see the working GM office, an overhead view of the interior of the ride, and they had some free soda and coffee for us. It was neat to see photos of the proving grounds v. the actual ride.

CMGUY, you work at Epcot, do you recognize the photo in my sig? :cool:
Of course, that's the inferno barge burnoff! ;) Cool about going to the GM VIP Lounge.

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:58 am

Big Wallaby wrote:And the Thomson's Gazelles that spit venom...
Oooooo I hate those!! and the Tasmainan Devil that travels in a tornado...wait..different "land"

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:58 pm

Polar33 wrote:I had the opportunity to visit the GM Lounge on my last trip. It was a really great way to relax a bit during the trip. I could have easily spent the rest of my day sitting by the windows overlooking Epcot.
If you want a real trip down memory lane, I got to go to the AT&T lounge in SSE back in the day. That was really cool! It looked like an office but they gave us free sodas! Then during my training I did computer training on safety (Fire Extinguishers, Plan A/B/C Evacuations, etc) in the old MetLife Lounge. That place was scary. (I was never a fan of circuses/clowns) But I did get to see the Star Trek Door. My trainer walked us all around the pavilion and we saw how sad and depressing it was. The weirdest thing was going into CC and seeing Buzzy sitting right there, ready for the next show. It was kinda like that Stephen King movie "The Langoliers". Everything was dark and their were no people around. CREEPY!!!

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...