Management Problems...

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Re: Management Problems...

Post by BRWombat » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:16 am

CMGUY89 wrote:I'm surprised no one on here got that Gone With The Wind joke, that took effort as I've never actually seen the film. LOL ;) There's got to be someone from Studios on the board.
I actually got the reference, but the only reply I could think of was along the lines of "Frankly, I don't give a d-mn," which I thought might sound harsh to others who might have not caught the link. :o: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:40 am

Randy B wrote:Of course the problem I have is that the program that plays the programs is a windows based program and so you can imagine how it handles running two stations at the same time, 24/7/365. :eek:
Every once in a while, while listening to radio (especially Clear Channel stations), I hear a Windows system sound and think to myself how I'm surprised they don't turn off those sounds like I do on my computer... And I don't make any money off the recordings I make!

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

CMGUY89
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by CMGUY89 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:46 am

BRWombat wrote:I actually got the reference, but the only reply I could think of was along the lines of "Frankly, I don't give a d-mn," which I thought might sound harsh to others who might have not caught the link. :o: :D:
LOL, thanks anyway. Oh dear...Well you sir are no gentleman...LOL!

~CM;)GUY89
Private Dining Cashier
Yacht & Beach

RIP Trainer Status...

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:46 am

Randy B wrote:I resemble that remark! :eek:

Yes I'm in radio. And yes much of my job IS sitting here to make sure the computer doesn't screw up. And Sus it has gotten worse. We don't even record programs from the satelite. The network programming is fed through the internet and so the computer even does that automatically. Of course the problem I have is that the program that plays the programs is a windows based program and so you can imagine how it handles running two stations at the same time, 24/7/365. :eek:

But there is a good side to this. The company has a good internet connection (I am right across the street from NCSA...National Center for Supercomputing Applications) and so while I "monitor" the stations I can chat with all of you. :D: :D: :D:

Randy
That is sad, Randy...I guess I am not missing much by not working in broadcasting anymore... :( Though the free time is a nice option. Read, sleep, post here... :D:

I got the GWTW reference too. I have seen that movie God knows how many times, but like Wombat could not come up with any other reference other than the "I don't give a damn" and that would have seemed insensitive, Wallaby's favorite word by the way, *sensitive* HeeHeHee!
sus

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:55 am

CMGUY89 wrote:Well it will either be New York, NYU, or Plano, TX (my current one). I'm debating about swapping it out. (It's my first one...) I look forward to the encounter... I'll PM my info to you a little later as long as you promise not to chop me up into little pieces and feed me to the baby alligators in the aquacell! LOL!

I'm surprised no one on here got that Gone With The Wind joke, that took effort as I've never actually seen the film. LOL ;) There's got to be someone from Studios on the board.
Got it also, as I saw it when it was first released!! the only reply I could think of was: "Sir, she is in morning, and cannot be part of the bid" Scarlet: "I'll do it for the Cause!!!"

:pirateflaARRRRRRR YA DOIN'?

JugglingFreak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by JugglingFreak » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:52 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Got it also, as I saw it when it was first released!! the only reply I could think of was: "Sir, she is in morning, and cannot be part of the bid" Scarlet: "I'll do it for the Cause!!!"
It was first released 68 years ago (1939) :eek: .

Man, your old.. (Just kidding)

JF

By the way, I got the reference. As evidenced by a thread a while back, I don't miss many TV or Movie references.

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:56 pm

JugglingFreak wrote:It was first released 68 years ago (1939) :eek: .

Man, your old.. (Just kidding)

JF

By the way, I got the reference. As evidenced by a thread a while back, I don't miss many TV or Movie references.
My bad, I was refering to the re-release in 70mm in 1967!!

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:07 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:My bad, I was refering to the re-release in 70mm in 1967!!
Nice try to backtrack there, Grumpy. What was the world like in 1939? Can you tell us about the Big War? And the Depression and the cold war... and...and :twisted: ... :D: LOL! J/K
sues*I am not as old as Grumpy Pirate*slicker

GRUMPY PIRATE
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by GRUMPY PIRATE » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:14 pm

susislicker wrote:Nice try to backtrack there, Grumpy. What was the world like in 1939? Can you tell us about the Big War? And the Depression and the cold war... and...and :twisted: ... :D: LOL! J/K
sues*I am not as old as Grumpy Pirate*slicker
Ummm you are TWO years younger then me, IF your profile is correct..HHmmmm??

Also, I was a projectionest at the local movie theatre when I was in high school.... had its advantages (and disadvantages, saw "love bug" over 30 times! Ahhhhhhh!!)

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:30 pm

GRUMPY PIRATE wrote:Ummm you are TWO years younger then me, IF your profile is correct..HHmmmm??

Also, I was a projectionest at the local movie theatre when I was in high school.... had its advantages (and disadvantages, saw "love bug" over 30 times! Ahhhhhhh!!)
LOL! Gotta love ya, Grumpy! :D:
sues