First post, Smashed toes, Stupid Woman!

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Eeyore Tattoo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

First post, Smashed toes, Stupid Woman!

Post by Eeyore Tattoo » Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:08 pm

While watching Wishes over along side of the castle A rather large woman on a large ECV decided she wanted to get a head start on exiting the park.
As you can guess it was wall to wall people on that walkway with iron fences on either side of the path. This woman decided to heck with this crowd, I am just going to push on through.. :eek:
All of a sudden DH and I heard people yelling out "Ouch" "look out" "Stop!"
We wondered what was going on. I found out what was going on when she ran over my feet. We tried to jump back, But were up against the iron fence. Myself along with many others were run-over and I had 4 very swollen toes for the next few days.
Now that's a Stupid Guest..
Deb

DisneyMom
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR Guest
Department: Churro Inspection
Position: In Line for POTC

Re: First post, Smashed toes, Stupid Woman!

Post by DisneyMom » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:59 pm

No, that's assault! She obviously knew she was hurting people, but didn't care. It is too bad nobody apparently turned her in. Have the CM's here ever had to detain anyone for doing something like that?

:flybongo: NO BULL!!!!!:D:

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:28 pm

How easy is it to turn one of those things over? Kinda like cow tipping maybe?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Brettchief
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Brettchief » Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:55 pm

that's just awful.. Those ECVs should be banned from parks. :rolleyes:

Eeyore Tattoo
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Eeyore Tattoo » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:11 pm

Brettchief wrote:that's just awful.. Those ECVs should be banned from parks. :rolleyes:
The Disney ECV's are huge!
But I am a ECV user. Don't ban them :eek:
I usually try to not use it at night though if I feel OK to do a little walking,Though after crushed toes I was not that lucky again that trip..
I own my own small ECV and am very careful when using it.
This "Woman" was on a park rental and I wish someone would have tipped her, then ran over her for good measure :twisted:
Deb :o:

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:32 pm

Sadly, for some people ECV = Entitlement 'Cause (I'm on this) Vehicle. That woman crushing toes was obviously one of that ilk.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:32 pm

I am sure at least one of the guys at SGT will kiss your toes to make them feel better.

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:15 am

So speaking hypothetically..... As a pedestrian near an ECV, just how difficult would it be to reach over, turn the key off and remove it in one swift motion? ;)

If I'd have been there, I would have really been tempted to grab the key and strand her, left to deal with the smooshed-toes Guests standing there, from whom she can't run (drive) away from anymore. If I was REALLY evil I'd toss it in the castle waterway :twisted: , but perhaps just turn it into Lost & Found....

-Rob

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:40 am

Rob562 wrote:So speaking hypothetically..... As a pedestrian near an ECV, just how difficult would it be to reach over, turn the key off and remove it in one swift motion? ;)

If I'd have been there, I would have really been tempted to grab the key and strand her, left to deal with the smooshed-toes Guests standing there, from whom she can't run (drive) away from anymore. If I was REALLY evil I'd toss it in the castle waterway :twisted: , but perhaps just turn it into Lost & Found....

-Rob
VERY easy, if they're the same or similar ECVs that I dealt with for 4 years. It's usually black and sticks out about 2 inches from either the left or right side of the little box on top of the steering column. It looks similar to a big headphones or speaker plug. To remove it, simply yank it out. And if the SG has the attached wrist coil around his or her wrist while driving it, well, that's an added bonus if you yank the key.

For added effect, there's always a switch, usually on the back, that allows the ECV to roll freely, kind of like putting a car in neutral. Flip that switch and you can have all kinds of fun with the SGs.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:52 am

Well I'm not sure about WDW, but here at Disneyland, we got new ECVs and the key is really a key now. I think you even have to turn it like the ignition in a car, so it's a little more difficult to take out now.