I hate the Raiders more than asparagus/Official SGT football smack talk thread

This is a general discussion. If your topic doesn't fit anywhere else, put it here.
ICStupidPeople
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

I hate the Raiders more than asparagus/Official SGT football smack talk thread

Post by ICStupidPeople » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:03 pm

Even if you like the raiders, please post your thoughts in NFL games here. My hatred for the raiders does not overshadow my love for football in general.

This thread is for venting, discussing, disputing, whatever you want regarding NFL.

I love my broncos, but my heartrate is pretty high at this point. I think they are trying to kill me.

I'm pretty sure my neighbors think hubby and I are fighting 'cause I've been screaming profanities at the tv for the last few hours (StephM's equivalent to her hubby dropping something out of the fridge, lol). It may not have been pretty, but a W is a W (especially against the raiders).

The Houston/Carolina game was kind of a shocker for me. I figured Kubiak (sp) would do wonders with that team, but they were pretty impressive. I think they are the team to watch this season.

In addition, I'm sick of the Pat's "dynasty" claims and am glad they are exposed for the cheaters they are. I wonder how many games (<cough, indy playoff game, cough>) or other games that they won on questionable calls that sent them to the SB were in fact due to cheating. My brother in NY is a die hard Pats fan, we don't agree on this subject...lol

This thread is for venting, discussing, ect.

Anyone else do FF?

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Re: I hate the Raiders more than asparagus/Official SGT football smack talk thread

Post by hobie16 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:51 pm

[CENTER]'NINERS[/CENTER]

Sorry, I had to get that out.

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: I hate the Raiders more than asparagus/Official SGT football smack talk thread

Post by Cranbiz » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:24 am

ICStupidPeople wrote:In addition, I'm sick of the Pat's "dynasty" claims and am glad they are exposed for the cheaters they are. I wonder how many games (<cough, indy playoff game, cough>) or other games that they won on questionable calls that sent them to the SB were in fact due to cheating. My brother in NY is a die hard Pats fan, we don't agree on this subject...lol

Another convincing win by the Pats yesterday and without the video. Against the team most experts picked to be SB bound. Let's face it, the Pats ARE a good team.

Other teams have had questionable calls go their way and contribute to their sucess. Any time you have a human involved a questionable call can and ofter does happen. I can think of a couple of calls that kept the Red Sox out of the WS. They were playing the Yankees for the division title. Guess who had the calls go their way. HINT: It was not a team that wears red hose!

After soooo many years of ho humdom in New England, why is it not our turn for a "dynasty" ? Would you say the same thing about the Montana / Rice years of the Niners?

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Mon Sep 17, 2007 3:51 am

hobie16 wrote:[CENTER]'NINERS[/CENTER]
Oh damn hobie!!! & I used to like you. ;) Niners suck!! Prolly cuz I hate The City. Georgia had no right to take OUR Rams! :mad:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

hobie16
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: DLR
Department: Fruity Drink Land
Position: Mai Tai Face Plant

Post by hobie16 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:41 am

[quote="Main Streeter"]Oh damn hobie!!! & I used to like you. ]I said I was sorry. Today, the 'Niners really do suck. And that's just the players. Since Eddie D. got popped and had to give the team to his sister, her husband has ruined them.

As for Georgia, she should have been strapped to a beam. LA to St. Louis?!?! Who does that who wasn't on really bad drugs?

Am I back in your good graces?

Don't be fooled by appearances. In Hawaii, some of the most powerful people look like bums and stuntmen.
--- Matt King

Stay low and run in a zigzag pattern.

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:53 am

ICStupidPeople wrote:Even if you like the raiders, please post your thoughts in NFL games here. My hatred for the raiders does not overshadow my love for football in general.

This thread is for venting, discussing, disputing, whatever you want regarding NFL.

I love my broncos, but my heartrate is pretty high at this point. I think they are trying to kill me.
I don't particularly care either way about the Raiders, but I'll join you in the Broncos love. I grew up near Golden, and I can attest that Denver's been a great sports town that loves their teams -- from the days long before John Elway; from when the "Rockies" were a hockey team, and the baseball team was the minor-league Bears. That the Broncos eventually got competitive was a dream come true.

All the same, Denver v. Oakland & Denver v. Kansas City are almost always exciting matchups. Glad the Broncos pulled it out.

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Post by Zazu » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:41 pm

Don't look at me. Last time I went to a football game, O.J. Simpson was there.

As a free man.

Playing tailback.

For USC.

Zazu

BRWombat
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Department: Offsite Harmony
Position: Back Row Baritone

Post by BRWombat » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:28 am

Zazu wrote:Don't look at me. Last time I went to a football game, O.J. Simpson was there.

As a free man.

Playing tailback.

For USC.
O.J. played football??? :confused: :D:

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

Image Image
VocalMajority
Twitter

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:37 am

Since I live in Seattle now and have no hometown SoCal NFL team to root for....GO SEAHAWKS!

I read an article in the newspaper last week about how the Seahawks' home stadium beefs up security and police presence whenever a team like the Raiders comes to town. My co-worker tells me he's been to a few games against the Raiders and those games just get ugly. Fights, arrests, you name it. Seattle sports fans are tame compared to some cities, but if you want to see them turn really ugly, go to a Raiders-Seahawks game.

As for the Seahawks' performance, well, I don't think they've fully gotten over losing the Super Bowl in 2006. I have a feeling they're still focused on getting back there and winning it all instead of winning the regular season one game at a time.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:20 pm

Zazu wrote:Don't look at me. Last time I went to a football game, O.J. Simpson was there.

As a free man.
Doubt O J will ever be free again! Las Vegas is not going to acquit. Las Vegas IQ is higher than L A's. Never thought I'd say this. :rolleyes:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]