"I have been here a long time"

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

"I have been here a long time"

Post by vixen101485 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:57 pm

Hope this is in the right forum--feel free to move if necessary.

Today I was trying to find out some info over the phone about tickets. Didnt want to bug y'all in your off hours and besides it fits into the trip planning guidelines rule. Anyway, give the resort a call directly since CRO gives me 10 diff answers in 10 diff calls. :rolleyes: I actually had a lot of diff questions that dealt with the resort itself so I figured that was the best bet anyway. Who would know better then the ppl who actually work there? RIGHT? Wrong! 1st person I got apparantly couldnt say anything but NO in a deadpan monotone type voice. Mind you this was one of those oddball requests that can be done but not everyone knows can. (I do my homework before a trip) I just wanted to find out how to get it done. I was insistent about it and asked her that maybe a supervisor would know if she didnt.

Quote/Unquote-----"I have worked here 30 years and I think in that time I would know your answer" Fine, whatever. I call another resort just for shit and giggles to see if I get another answer. Very helpful as much as she could be and was honest that she wasnt quite sure but she thot she had heard of what I was asking. Suggested to call back to my resort and insist on speaking to mgt. I did have a good laugh with the second girl when I told her what the 1st one said about the length of time she had been there. I had realized that since I was calling POP originally and the place has only been open, what 5 yrs now?, that it was kinda funny comment. Plus I had a ticketing question and the MYW's have only been around 2+.

So here I am thinking....HMMM...this woman claims to have worked at a 5 yr old hotel for 30 yrs so maybe (as I told the 2nd girl) she was a tree that they cut down to make space for the resort and used some sort of Disney Magic on to turn her into a desk clerk. Well now we know where some of the CM's come from. :D: Maybe that is why she responded to questions so woodenly. ;)

Anyway, I did get my question finally answered. Thank you Elena(sp?) and Lydia from the back office @ POP and the nice woman at the POLY.

I know, tree lady, was prob referring to the fact that she has worked at WDW for that time, but I thot it was funny how and where she was when she said it.

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Re: "I have been here a long time"

Post by ktulu » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:05 pm

She could have meant working at Disney for 30 years ;)

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:36 pm

Didnt your mother ever tell you to read the small print. LOL

Cheshire Figment
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Cheshire Figment » Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:11 pm

When you call Walt Disney World, unless you really know a direct number, you will get one of two offices.

The Disney Reservations Center (DRC) includes Walt Disney Travel Company (WDTC), Central Reservations Office (CRO), Disney Dining, and some other lesser known information lines. To the best of my knowledge the DRC locations are in the International Drive area, Tampa, Kansas City and somewhere in Texas. There may be more. Some of the people working at the DRC call centers may never have been to either WDW or DL (or both).

The Main Switchboard (407-824-2222) is also where all calls to Disney Resorts go if you are dialing the phone number on the back of your reservations form. Also that is where calls go if you dial the Operator from your room, and possibly even calls to the Front Desk. The Main Switchboard people will, if asked, also identfy themselves as Guest Services. They can put you through to any number on WDW.

At both DRC and MS they have access to a computer which has lots of Guest Information and it is very well organized. Actually, all CMs who have access to a terminal, or who even can access the "Cast Portal" from off-site, have access to this Guest Services information. I will often open an extra window when I am responding to people and go into the Portal for the latest official information.

The people at DRC and MS do not deal with upgrades, partially used ticket, or problems related to tickets. They do not know all the rules. The people at DRC can sell unused tickets; the people at MS don't deal with tickets at all.

The people who work in the ticket booths at the Parks or in Guest Relations at the Parks (and this includes TTC, the Water Parks, and GRO in DTD) deal with ticket upgrades and unusual problems on a daily basis. I would not say that someone you talked to on the phone lied to you, but just they were attempting to answer a question when they really did not have an answer.

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:41 am

I guess maybe I worded that wrong in my OP. I know everyone cant know everything. And I never said anyone lied to me. :confused: I have learned to call back more then once to get a smattering of info and kinda piece together what I need to know from the majority. Which doesnt always mean the response will be the same once you are at your resort or the front gate. I call with enuf silly questions that I have CRO/DRC and Dining on speed-dial on my phone. :D: Do you know that if you have a ticketing question that MS cannot answer (which is fine, have no problem with not knowing all the answers) they connect you to back to CRO? Not kidding, happened more then once. I specifically asked for someone in GS that dealt with tickets but I got sent back to CRO. :confused:

Anywho, I just thot it was mainly funny that she said she had worked at a newer hotel (with ticket plans that had only been in effect for 2.5 yrs) for 30 yrs. I know she meant at WDW itself but it was funny at the time. . She did answer the other questions I had OK. Sorry maybe I should not have posted it. If this offended anyone I am sorry and I ask that the thread be removed if necessary.

BTW, add UTAH to the list too. ;)
OH and Chessie, thanks for the gate price/advance price ticket upgrade difference info from the "other" board. Very helpful and will save us a few dollars (more money to buy Dole Whips with...LOL)

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:16 am

I liked the post and understand. People will say that they been doing something for many years which thus implies that they know what they are doing.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:58 am

I, too, liked your original post and understood what you were saying and liked it and understood it and liked it.

The part that bugged me is that whenever I am in a situation as a customer and ask someone something that I know certain new information may have come out, and they throw the "I've been working here XX years and I think I would know..." to me that means that to them I must be stupid for pushing the issue. Now, to use it to say that you know the company and know they would *never* do something is different, but even then there is that implication in my mind that you're telling someone they don't know what they're talking about.

I dunno, I guess it just rubs me the wrong way.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:07 pm

There was small print??? :confused:

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

vixen101485
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by vixen101485 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:46 pm

Thanks guys.

Big W....did you really LIKE my post? ROTFLMMEO

I have had that sort of thing happen in the grocery store Big W. Really bad when the managers dont know what the current promotion is especially when it is printed right in the flyer. Had one insist that something wasnt there even when I was holding the paper right up in front of me with the info on it. **shakes head Makes ya kinda wonder sometimes.

Silly Ktulu (at the bottom you goof) :D:

Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Syndrome » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:07 pm

vixen101485 wrote:Hope this is in the right forum--feel free to move if necessary.

Today I was trying to find out some info over the phone about tickets. Didnt want to bug y'all in your off hours and besides it fits into the trip planning guidelines rule. Anyway, give the resort a call directly since CRO gives me 10 diff answers in 10 diff calls. :rolleyes: I actually had a lot of diff questions that dealt with the resort itself so I figured that was the best bet anyway. Who would know better then the ppl who actually work there? RIGHT? Wrong! 1st person I got apparantly couldnt say anything but NO in a deadpan monotone type voice. Mind you this was one of those oddball requests that can be done but not everyone knows can. (I do my homework before a trip) I just wanted to find out how to get it done. I was insistent about it and asked her that maybe a supervisor would know if she didnt.

Quote/Unquote-----"I have worked here 30 years and I think in that time I would know your answer" Fine, whatever. I call another resort just for shit and giggles to see if I get another answer. Very helpful as much as she could be and was honest that she wasnt quite sure but she thot she had heard of what I was asking. Suggested to call back to my resort and insist on speaking to mgt. I did have a good laugh with the second girl when I told her what the 1st one said about the length of time she had been there. I had realized that since I was calling POP originally and the place has only been open, what 5 yrs now?, that it was kinda funny comment. Plus I had a ticketing question and the MYW's have only been around 2+.

So here I am thinking....HMMM...this woman claims to have worked at a 5 yr old hotel for 30 yrs so maybe (as I told the 2nd girl) she was a tree that they cut down to make space for the resort and used some sort of Disney Magic on to turn her into a desk clerk. Well now we know where some of the CM's come from. :D: Maybe that is why she responded to questions so woodenly. ]I know, tree lady, was prob referring to the fact that she has worked at WDW for that time, but I thot it was funny how and where she was when she said it.[/size]
YOO HOO, KTULU, RIGHT THERE!!! LOOK UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal