The Brazilians are like cows...

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
Syndrome
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

The Brazilians are like cows...

Post by Syndrome » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:18 pm

...you just have to know how to herd 'em. Usually I stay far, far away from the parks in July, but I had an insane urge to go to AK this morning. The Brazilian tour groups were out in full force! This was my first time dealing with them in any mass quantity, but I discovered that although they are pushy, they respond like cattle if you just push back.

First experience was heading one way while half the nation of Brazil was headed in the opposite direction. I was on the edge of the walkway with nowhere to go. I simply aimed the pointy end of my water bottle out in front of me...I don't know how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie pop, but I know that it takes five Brazilians to walk smack dab into the bottle and get poked before the rest get out of the way.

If they are heading in your direction too slowly, simply dodge, weave and elbow. They respond to aggressive body language by making way.

My favorite was the group of a couple dozen who decided to all literally sit down on the floor of the store at the end of Everest. I was going to play some Twister (Orange shirt! Brown hand! Stomp!), but a CM came and started chasing them away.

It was rather amusing in a way, and other than some chanting and the floor sitting, I didn't witness anything to shockingly rude. The main annoyance was their sheer numbers.

"If you are a dee, please don't marry a dee, 'cause then your kids will be dee dee dee." ....Carlos Mencia

"It's the difference between champagne and carbonated pee!" ....Homer Simpson

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nice work, pal

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Re: The Brazilians are like cows...

Post by Big Wallaby » Sun Jul 15, 2007 1:35 pm

Through talking with guests here for the same purpose, I have come to the conclusion that the Brazilian tour groups are here for a soccer tournament, or so it seems. I was talking to one group about their soccer match today, and they said they had beat one of the Brazilian teams. Can anyone verify or dispel this notion?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Princess Susi
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Princess Susi » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:40 pm

I have never been to the Parks when the Brazilians were there, so have never experienced their presence. I hear many stories of insanity about when they are there and that they are very rude, cutting line etc. Hope to never have the *pleasure* of their company... :twisted:
susi-Q

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Hugging a Beluga is swell!

David R
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by David R » Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:46 pm

And not just the parks. I went to the Millenia Mall on Friday afternoon and they had pretty much taken over.

Marilou
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Marilou » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:13 pm

The couple groups I saw in June/July were surprisingly well behaved, altho I don't know why that did surprise me?? Guess its from all the horror stories I've read. It was funny tho when you would suddenly see a bunch walk in at some counter service lunch place...you would RUN to the nearest cashier to order ANYTHING....just to avoid getting caught behind what feels like 1/2 a country worth of people.

Rosie
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Rosie » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:49 pm

Syndrome wrote:...
First experience was heading one way while half the nation of Brazil was headed in the opposite direction.

The other half of the nation of Brazil were at Blizzard Beach today. I have never seen so many, many more then in previous years it seems. And who ever told the fat cow to sit in the white baby tubes in the creek? All while wearing two peice swimsuits. GRRRRRRRRR

Rosie

darph nader
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by darph nader » Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:55 pm

THANK YOU FOR PAINTING THAT PICTURE Rosie. :eek:

ktulu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: ktululand
Department: Custodial
Position: Janitor

Post by ktulu » Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:31 pm

darph nader wrote:THANK YOU FOR PAINTING THAT PICTURE Rosie. :eek:
View it in 3B, 3 beers and it looks good eh.

"People can drink coke and pepsi, but they can't pee in the street."

svickersart
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by svickersart » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:49 am

We ran into a small group of them last August, teenaged girls on a school trip so it must have been after school had re-started. We were at AK, they were fairly pleasant, a bit pushy but I'm kinda intimadating, we were getting ice creams at one of the carts near EE, I guess they could tell not to get between me an my Mickey Premium. We ran into a lot of Brits also, they were always very pleasant. I guess you all see some funny things different times of year, so far I have seen;
Pleasant Brits
Loud Jerseyites
Aussies beating their kids

The people I found most pushy were the East Indians, one morning waiting for the bus at AS Music there was a group of about 10 behind me in line when a bus for another park arrived. They all ran for the bus like if we get there first we get to get on. About half boarded before they realized it was the wrong bus, maybe two minutes, the line behind me had filled the gap at that point. They came back and just started getting back in line anywhere they wanted including right in front of me, I made it clear they would not board ahead of me. There were two of the group that went right up to the front of the line and stood off to the side like they planned on jumping on the bus as soon as it arrived, Myself and several other people made it clear that wasnt going to happen either. I dont think they ended up making that bus at all. It was pretty entertaining since we had to wait a bit.
Steve

disneyprincess1988
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by disneyprincess1988 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:42 pm

And they've taken over Walmart too. I saw them while grocery shopping today. :(

For Narnia! And for Aslan!

:jasmine: :minnie: :bouncemic :skellingt :gonzo: :pepe:

All of my favorite Disney characters up above there. :p: