Changing Your Baby

All other Theme Park Employees post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Theme Park discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
tacoboy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Changing Your Baby

Post by tacoboy » Tue May 08, 2007 1:55 pm

Good place to change a baby's diaper:
In a bathroom supplied with a baby changing table.

Bad Places to Change a Baby's Diaper:
Behind a food building on top of a generator (covered).
On an open bench near the exit of a thrill ride which already makes people feel woozy.

I have seen both within the past week.

"Do human beings realize life as they live it? Every... every minute?"

"No. Walt Disney, maybe, but that's about it."

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Changing Your Baby

Post by BirdMom » Tue May 08, 2007 3:25 pm

I think the majority of parents are pretty courteous when it comes to changing diapers - I know I don't expect anyone else to clean up after my kid, but I have caught people changing them and then leaving them in the worst places like the little closet sized vestebule at the Mansion VIP door or the boats in Pirates. I've heard every now and again someone will leave a used diaper in the rental strollers. No matter where you leave them, other than the appropriate waste recepticle in the restrooms it's just plain tacky and rude to leave soiled diapers elsewhere and thoughtless to change them out in the open (especially those *juicy* ones when your kid's sick - ugh).

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Tue May 08, 2007 5:18 pm

I hate baby diapers. They clogged up the tube and often were too loaded for the machine to pick them up. I was lucky I did not fry the machine with them damned diapers. Worst is the pain caused by your body contorting as you go slip sliding away because you stepped on a diaper.

http://www.stupidguesttricks.com/vb3/sh ... .php?t=588
An old thread that was bumped. The person changed a baby on the condiment table.

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Tue May 08, 2007 6:13 pm

tacoboy wrote:Good place to change a baby's diaper:
In a bathroom supplied with a baby changing table.

Bad Places to Change a Baby's Diaper:
Behind a food building on top of a generator (covered).
On an open bench near the exit of a thrill ride which already makes people feel woozy.

I have seen both within the past week.

Good Place:

Baby Center

Bad Place:

Fully loaded bus

Yes, It's happened on my bus. :gross:

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed May 09, 2007 3:43 am

Cranbiz wrote:Bad Place:

Fully loaded bus

Yes, It's happened on my bus. :gross:
Tell me they didn't leave it in their seat. At least save me that much faith in humanity.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Wed May 09, 2007 6:54 am

No, at least they did not do that, but the floor under the seat. That was bad enough.

I was going to call it in as a Signal 80 but that would have not been nice for the driver who came to pick it up. :D:

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed May 09, 2007 8:00 am

Actually, you're not supposed to handle it. Signal H. Not Horse.

I remember when I was working a magic show, and we had a rehearsal room, and the girlfriend of the magician was a new mom, and would use the rehearsal room for a diaper changing room. I can remember quite a few times going in that room after a long day working the magic shopto work on the show, and it was rancid. After the third time, I refused to enter the rehearsal room unless someone else had gone in there beforehand and done a diaper check. That was after we had a spell of four days with no rehearsals, but many diaper changes. :barf: :ewww: :hitfan:

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Wed May 09, 2007 9:24 am

Never touch diapers, cotton balls, Q-tips, tissues, etc that may have been used by a guest. If you cannot carry latex gloves which are about $5 then use a Baggie or other plastic bag as a make shift glove and make sure nothing gets on you. I wore mittens or gloves then put them in the wash when I got home or I would use a rake or something to pick them up.

Diapers can have E. coli and other nasty germs as well as infectious diseases. Since you deal with the public I would recommmend the latex gloves as I used those when dealing with Mom's bedsore and they do come powder free and latex free.

did i mention I hate people who do not know of the proper way to dispose of diapers.

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Buggy » Wed May 09, 2007 10:06 am

I run larps at hotels and campgrounds.

Good places to change a diaper:
- the bathroom of the hotel
- a friend's hotel room if you didn't get one yourself.

Bad places to change a diaper:
- In game space. During the game. In the space where we're about to serve food. After being told not to change your baby's diaper in game space again.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed May 09, 2007 2:23 pm

Buggy wrote:After being told not to change your baby's diaper in game space again.
I'm sorry, I didn't hear you. Could you repeat that?