It's all about ME, ME, ME (CM Rant about another CM)

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Re: It's all about ME, ME, ME (CM Rant about another CM)

Post by Cranbiz » Sun May 13, 2007 11:48 am

Hey, were you following me. :D: I got to the flaming Isuzu within minutes of that accident happening. OCSO has just arrived and OCFR was no where in sight.

I drive 4829 on the ES several weeks ago. I'm glad that it didn't toast on my shift.

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Sun May 13, 2007 5:08 pm

Cranbiz wrote:Hey, were you following me. :D: I got to the flaming Isuzu within minutes of that accident happening. OCSO has just arrived and OCFR was no where in sight.

I drive 4829 on the ES several weeks ago. I'm glad that it didn't toast on my shift.
Scary thought is that you guys spend so much time on busses following each other in circles on routes that you follow each other home.

Freak
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by Freak » Sun May 13, 2007 7:47 pm

Hmm, after reading all the talk about buses, they seem interesting to operate. Seems like something I would enjoy. Didnt know they were that advanced, really. All I see is a long rectangle with some wheels. :p:

Definitely interesting. Might have to pay more attention to them and study them some more. :D:

RIP Bud Hurlbut.

You will be missed.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Mon May 14, 2007 2:22 am

Freak wrote:Didnt know they were that advanced, really. All I see is a long rectangle with some wheels. :p:

Definitely interesting. Might have to pay more attention to them and study them some more. :D:

That's similar to when I tell people about my interest in the Monorails. They are perplexed that you could possibly enjoy a vehicle that you can't steer. Never mind the hold points, the acceleration and braking systems, watching the roof hatches, the fact you're stopping a 120' vehicle in a fairly precise area, speed limits that aren't marked as they are for buses and trains (but you'd do well to obey!), keeping proper distance from the train ahead of you, and the occasional tractor cameo. From what I understand, not having been trained, I'd be lucky to know a quarter what you need to for that job.

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon May 14, 2007 11:16 am

Wallaby are you sure about monorails because from what I heard all they do is sit up in the cab of the monorail pretending to drive. Yep I heard that at Brand X Board that it is computers and not people that drive monorails.

I do know you can stop a bus on a dime. Read that at Brand X boards also. Read a rumour that they were phasing out humans in Transportation and replacing the drivers with animitronic dummies.

Actually I am also amaze at what goes into transportation and especially the monorails. Wallaby someday you will have to show me that you can stop on a dime, lol. I did that once with a sweeper as a joke. The problem is seeing the dime.

Please everyone the first two paragraphs are snide satire, lol.

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Mon May 14, 2007 1:13 pm

mechurchlady wrote: I do know you can stop a bus on a dime. Read that at Brand X boards also.

Of course we can, provided I see the dime at about 400' away. That way I can stop on that dime and not upset my guests.
mechurchlady wrote:Read a rumour that they were phasing out humans in Transportation and replacing the drivers with animitronic dummies..
Yup, that's true to. It's called MiM's and it will be phase 6 and it will be out in 2020

All of the road construction at WDW is to embed wires in the pavement for the buses to follow. Of course, the SG's will need to let their animitronic dummies drive while at WDW for the system to work.
mechurchlady wrote: Please everyone the first two paragraphs are snide satire, lol.

Noooooo!

Note: taking bets on how long before this gets on Brand X Board as the latest "fact"

I'll give it about 15 minutes. ;)

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Mon May 14, 2007 1:23 pm

Big Wallaby wrote:That's similar to when I tell people about my interest in the Monorails.
Are you sure that you are not talking about those monorails that take you to you cars at the parking lots? (question last night from a SG at MK)

Big Wallaby wrote:From what I understand, not having been trained, I'd be lucky to know a quarter what you need to for that job.
Actually you would lose about 9 quarters per hour to get that knowlege.

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Mon May 14, 2007 4:15 pm

Cranbiz that was funny and I will lay 5 on it hitting the board in 10 minutes.