It's all about ME, ME, ME (CM Rant about another CM)

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
Zazu
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture
Park: WDW
Position: retired

Re: It's all about ME, ME, ME (CM Rant about another CM)

Post by Zazu » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:16 pm

mechurchlady wrote:I used to ride the RTD busses to downtown Los Angeles. The back of busses were used for motel rooms. I got a lot of bus stories and most of them are not kid friendly.
Mrs. Zazu used to ride RTD to downtown L.A. Her bus route was pretty evenly divided between folks like her, headed to the big Public Library and folks headed to the County Jail. Both groups tended to sit as far from the others as possible, with the urge to relocate getting stronger as the bus got fuller. She said at times it felt like riding the bus in Montgomery, Alabama, before Rosa Parks!

:bus: Look, I found a purple one!

Zazu

mechurchlady
Should be on Payroll
Should be on Payroll

Post by mechurchlady » Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:52 pm

I am amazed Zazu as I used to ride downtown and take shuttles around to museums and the big library where I spent all day doing genealogy and playing dominos on line.

Never had a problem of us versus them but a lot of pain in the butts on them busses.

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:34 pm

Man, you got a short night. I start at 1900.

See you then!

At the dispatch booth, I received a call that I will be doing something different from the crowd... It was really weird, they tracked me down as I was standing there.

Today was the last day of location training. As I was doing my spieling, the trainer said I needed to talk to a manager about being the voice on MiMS. Weird, huh?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:40 pm

Maybe you will be doing audience control. I can't think of anything else that could be needed that night.

I'm only a CR, so I have a limit on how many hours I can work, plus I don't want to go over on DOT hours.

Heard a rumor that we burnt up a bus. :bus: :kaboom: Have you heard anything?

No longer the Wearer of Purple Pants

No longer a General in the Bolivian Army!

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:14 am

Really? We burned up a bus? Are you sure it wasn't a charter?

My opinions are mine and mine only. If my opinions are the opinion of others who happen to share whatever my crazy views may be, then fine, but it's not because I represent them in having my opinions. Got it?

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:38 am

Don't know for sure, It could have been or it could have been old news.

Like I said, it is just a rumor and it is still a rumor until facts are presented.

I wasn't sure if you heard anything due to the fact that you are on days for training.

It wouldn't be the first bus mishap that we have had and won't be the last.

"The views and opinions expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily represent or reflect those of The Walt Disney Company."

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:31 pm

It was a Nova, DTD. I don't know a whole lot about it, but the rumor mill is going strong. Being a transit bus made by Prevost, there are so many things it could have been. We'll hear all about it tonight.

Oh, and they gave a bunch of new people a "special" assignment, with no details. Just check in at TTC instead of MK.

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:35 am

Big Wallaby wrote:Really? We burned up a bus? Are you sure it wasn't a charter?
Really sorry to all who don't understand why I "get" this remark. ;) Hit me as soooo funny. :hysteria: Very typical Disney backstage talk. Thanks guys for the LOL! :D:

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

Big Wallaby
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Big Wallaby » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:03 am

I ask that both as a current Disney driver, and as a former charter driver, having driven a few buses that didn't deserve to be on the road... kinda like some of the 2700's they're phasing out at WDW. I hear some of the better ones are going to be put in the training department. :eek: My only fear is that after driving 2780 for their entire training, some new guy's gonna completely flip out the first time he gets in a Nova.

Cranbiz
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by Cranbiz » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:39 am

If a new driver is nor scared off with a 2700 series during his training, then he's probably going to be a dedicated driver. Most of those 2700 buses are pretty scary.

Had one Sunday. Would not get out it's or any one elses way and had company all night. :roach: :roach: