Oops...........I Forgot To Return That!! Riiiiiiiiiight!!!

This is the place to tell us about the stupid things fellow employees can do.
DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Oops...........I Forgot To Return That!! Riiiiiiiiiight!!!

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:42 am

I heard stories of leads that forgot to turn in Disney equipment at the end of the day when the park was closed. Such things as keys and radios. Scheduling had to call them so they have to drive all the way back to return it because they can't open the attraction without it.

Anyone had it happen to them, or heard it happen to someone else??

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Re: Oops...........I Forgot To Return That!! Riiiiiiiiiight!!!

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:00 am

I have had that happen to me SO MANY TIMES. We have a master set of keys and there is of course only the ONE set. And because I work graveyard, they think oh, it's no problem. Oh yes it is! Considering I am the only one here and if something happens, I need those frickin' keys, man! So yeah, I'll call you at 3am to bring them puppies back. And still some co-workers don't learn.

Hey, who's hosting that Darwin awards again?

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:25 am

I did that at Knott's Berry Farm once. Not a lead, mind you. But we did have key access in Fiesta Village, since each ride has it's own key. I accidentally took the key to Hat Dance home. Fortunately, I caught it quickly, and took the key back.

Coastercameron
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Coastercameron » Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:49 pm

Keys aren't a big deal at my park. Each ride uses the same key, and the key just gets "hidden" at the ride every night. We have had a problem of an employee taking home cash drawer keys intentionally, preventing other people from using them, and causing a major hassel.

hhsrat
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by hhsrat » Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:54 pm

Forgetting to turn in a radio is surprisingly easy to do. I've also managed to accidentally take home the gas key for our pargo. (Not a huge deal because the gas key is only used to get gas, and since I had just filled the tank, nobody needed the key before I returned it the next day)

Mikey
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Mikey » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:46 pm

OOPS!!

When evening shift (5 to midnight) forgets to put the company vehicle key back on the hanger and takes it home with him.... Then has to get up and return to meet morning shift guy at 7am... then come back to work at 5pm for his next shift till midnight. That makes for a long day.

Of course only one key exists in the company for this vehicle. (WHY?)

If he remembers to leave the key, he takes the company cell phone home accidentally. Nice to get that first trouble call at 7am. Its even funnier when he leaves his personal cell phone on the desk and takes the company phone home...

Or the one time maintenance took our departmental vehicle for some work with out telling us so we reported it stolen to security. We later found it out in the parking lot and took it back, then they reported it stolen to security...

Mansion Butler
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Mansion Butler » Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:56 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:I heard stories of leads that forgot to turn in Disney equipment at the end of the day when the park was closed. Such things as keys and radios. Scheduling had to call them so they have to drive all the way back to return it because they can't open the attraction without it.

Anyone had it happen to them, or heard it happen to someone else??
Now fewer than three times I forgot to tag back in after closing my attraction. Once a DACs person came and just happened to see my name tag and got the key from me. Another time I just happened to reach my pocket.

. . . and another time I had to get back on the bus at West Clock and go back. Thank goodness I didn't get in the car.

A bunch of other times I forgot, but everyone started knowing they had to remind me.

. . . I have a bad memory on some things.

CycloneMan
Regular Guest
Regular Guest
Park: DAK
Department: Ops
Position: Coordinator

Post by CycloneMan » Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:43 pm

I've done that while working at Hot Topic. I had the Jewerly Case keys around my belt loop on my pants, and I my manager heard the noise while I was walking out of the store. I didn't even realize they were still on me.

-Dainan "This has happened twice" Rafferty

photopass_steph
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by photopass_steph » Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:46 pm

I did my CP in 2001 at ASSp. When I got stuck doing luggage assitance I brought home the master room key twice.

Dramamama07
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Dramamama07 » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:04 pm

I used to work for Blockbuster and each manager had a key to the back room (where the bathroom, break space, and time clock computer were) managers would accidentally leave their keys at home or lock them in the safe...or lock them in the back room. Causing us to have to call another manager. It happened every now and then.