guests who think they're funny/clever

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

guests who think they're funny/clever

Post by lady ulrike » Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:37 am

I am so sick and tired of people telling me to watch my head when we go through Monstro. There are many reasons why I dislike this #1 do they really think I don't know that the ceiling is low, I mean I only go out on a boat sitting up high 50 million times a day (ok maybe a slight exaggeration, but whatever) #2 99.9% of the time they say it after I'm past the lowest part. This means that if I was going to hit my head, I already would've. #3 they always say it when I'm spieling and sometimes I think they might actually be saying something important (I know a rare occurence in an SG) and lose my train of thought #4 despite what they all seem to think, it's not funny/cute/whatever else they think it is, it is annoying especially after hearing it 50 million times a day.

I just had to get that off my chest, it seemed to happen an extreme amount yesterday and it was getting really annoying.

Buggy
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Re: guests who think they're funny/clever

Post by Buggy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 10:53 am

Maybe they're just trying to be helpful...

In any case, you could exact the revenge that was exacted upon me last time I visited MGM. I was at the front of the line of RnR and was waiting to be let in to see Aerosmith. While waiting, I started examining the podium there, since I was kinda curious what they kept there. I didn't *touch* anything, but I was looking closely.

My curiousity was noticed by the CM, who pulled out a copy of her spiel from the podium, and forced me to read it into the mike there. It was simultaneously cool, scary, and embarrassing.

Next time they interrupt your spiel, make them say it.

bpgstudios
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by bpgstudios » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:55 pm

"You must get so sick of that song LOL ROTFL!"
"No, I only get sick of that question."

It's a dumb one after all.

"You know your walking backwards, right/You must get so much exercise/tired of walking backwards!"
"...../Nope, just getting tired of that question."

Ahahahahahahaha.....they are *so* clever.

"Where is 21?"
-Before 22?

lady ulrike
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by lady ulrike » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:32 am

Buggy wrote:Maybe they're just trying to be helpful...

Next time they interrupt your spiel, make them say it.
Well, maybe they are trying to be helpful, but they almost always say it when I'm out of the danger zone, so it's not helpful. In fact, they often say it as I'm leaning back up from ducking, so it should be quite obvious that I'm past the danger zone.

As for whipping out my spiel, well we don't really have anywhere to carry our spiel out on the boat, so that wouldn't work. Besides my spiel is better than the printed one (most of ours are)

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:14 am

bpgstudios wrote: "You know your walking backwards, right/You must get so much exercise/tired of walking backwards!"
"...../Nope, just getting tired of that question."

Ahahahahahahaha.....they are *so* clever.
Yeah, they don't think we hear it a million times a day at Buzz Lightyear!! Geez!! The thing that gets me is guests trying to walk the wrong way on the belt and think they are funny that it is the first time we saw that.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

AlpineDL
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by AlpineDL » Wed Jan 03, 2007 9:21 pm

Me at grouper: How many?
SG with wife and small chlid:Two... and a half! HUR HUR HUR!!! Isn't that funny I called my child a half cause she takes up half my space! Bet you've never heard that before!
Me:*sigh* Row 2...
Willy Wonka (turning around from load):YOU LOSE SIR! GOOD DAY! I SAID GOOD DAY!

At least, the Wonka part is in my dreams...

Rob562
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by Rob562 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:49 pm

AlpineDL wrote:Me at grouper: How many?
SG with wife and small chlid:Two... and a half! HUR HUR HUR!!! Isn't that funny I called my child a half cause she takes up half my space! Bet you've never heard that before!
Me:*sigh* Row 2...
Willy Wonka (turning around from load):YOU LOSE SIR! GOOD DAY! I SAID GOOD DAY!

At least, the Wonka part is in my dreams...
Actually, we *did* throw the Mission: Space grouper a curve and got an honest chuckle out of him when we replied "three plus a chicken". (My friend didn't want to ride, but waited through the line with us so that he wouldn't be parked on a bench by himself the entire time). He was told to wait in the middle of the briefing room, and then when we entered the hallway, he was shown to the exit to wait while we were in the chamber.

-Rob

AlpineDL
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by AlpineDL » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:27 pm

"three plus a chicken"
See, thing is I love it when people let me know useful things that might actually matter, or don't interfere, like "Three, but two are jumbos!" or the "Eight bears! Rawr!" I got on Gay Day. They're usually original, entertaining and don't mess me up grouping. I just can't stand how everyone thinks they're so clever by calling their child a half and then pretending that they don't matter, where on things like Alice in Wonderland, it does matter how many tiny kids there are. And then their insistence on how it doesn't matter when the freakin OG, safety guidelines, and DOSH quite firmly disagree.

"But she's going on a lap!"

McGintoy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by McGintoy » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:11 am

Me: All Aboard!
SG: All Aboard **Look right at me to see how I react with anxious grin**

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't happen 90% of the time I say "All Aboard", lol.

Or when I'm driving down Main Street in one of the vehicles, people will stand right in front of me, facing me, with their arms spread out, then move at the last second. Although I do love their reaction when I get within one foot of them without slowing down. They freak out!

This hasn't gotten old, but has the potential to. "That thing got a Hemi?" While I'm driving the Fire Truck or Horseless Carriage. I still find that one funny.

There are too many cases at the Jungle Cruise to pick just one.

At Indiana Jones, the 6-foot-something guy standing next to the height-checker, "Am I tall enough?" Or the other SGs that squat next to it and say "Aww, I'm not tall enough, hahahaha."

Questions I'm tired of hearing:

Trains
- Have you ever fallen off?
- Does this train come back here?

Main Street Vehicles
- Have you ever hit anyone?
- Do you ever want to just hit them when they don't move?
- "Where do you go?" "This is a one-way trip to the castle." "Then you come back?" "*Sigh* No, it's a ONE-WAY trip."
- "Lockers?" To which I respond "Noun" (they say just that one word, no complete sentence)

Tiki Room
- When's the next show? (While I'm standing right next to the sign that shows the next show time)
- What is this?
- Did we miss it? (The show runs every 20 minutes, so no matter when you come, you've just missed a show)

Guest Control
- Is there a parade coming? (While thousands of people are standing in the middle of the street, waiting for the fireworks) "I sure hope not."
- What is everyone waiting for? (While people are lined up along the curb and the street is clear) "This is actually the line for Indiana Jones."

And I hate it when people try to ask me questions while I'm standing at attention for the National Anthem during our Flag Retreat Ceremony.

Just a small list, haha.

CelebrationNM
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by CelebrationNM » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:11 pm

As they drive up to the window to buy a parking sticker/admissions ticket:

Me: "Hi, may I help you?"
SG: "I'd like a double cheeseburger, large chocolate shake."
Me (on the inside): Idiot!

Although one time at the window, I had a mom roll down the back of the SUV window and all the kids sang me the refrain to some Disney song. That made me smile. Until the next fast-food inquiry.
Nick