Tower of Terror Incidents

Walt Disney World Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Walt Disney World discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
TowerTimmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Tower of Terror Incidents

Post by TowerTimmy » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:01 pm

Hey everybody. I'm Tim. Im a UCF freshman majoring in Hospitality Mangement and I'm a bellhop at The Twilight Zone: Tower of Terror. I've been there for 9 months now and I really have a lot of fun. I called in recently to be cross-trained at RnRC, and I can't wait for that one. Anywho, I have some stuff...

I was at Unload, and a guy came OFF of the ride. Literally walked OFF of my elevator and was like "excuse me sir. where's the Tower of Terror?" I thought it was a joke and I said "ah sir you just got off it." He was like "oh, hmm, ok, I thought it was something else, ok then, thanks."

I love how guests are standing right in front of the elevators and can see people inside of them and still ask if you are seated down or not.

Oh well, I know these aren't THAT great, but I'll post more when i come across em.

Sweetums
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Tower of Terror Incidents

Post by Sweetums » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:24 pm

Welcome Timmy!

-you know...after reading that...It never occured to me that a guest might think that the elevator actually took them to another location. I guess the title "Tower of Terror" might have been misleading to him. This guy may actually have thought that the elevator (as shocking and entertaining as it is) was just transportation to the real attraction. An actual 'tower' with terrifying stuff in it. -Like a museum or something.
Strangely enough, I have a story similar to that. My poor old grandmother was with us the very first time we visited the studios. She was very lively and agile when she went, and there wasn't any ride that she didn't feel comfortable riding. So we took her on Star Tours. -She's not a fan of the movies, so what was happening on the simulator was a little over-her-head, but she thought it was fun. But after the ride was over, she asked in all seriousness, "Now how do we get back?" We didn't quite understand at first what she meant until we delved a little more into the question.
My sweet grandma actually thought we had taken some sort of shuttle to another place, and wanted to know if we had to take the same shuttle to get back to the park. Cute, huh?
But I'm sure the Tower and it's CM's have many more stories. I can just imagine how often someone gets asked how much it costs to stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. :rolleyes:

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:57 am

Sweetums wrote:Welcome Timmy!
I can just imagine how often someone gets asked how much it costs to stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. :rolleyes:
I usually tell guests, "A stay will cost you your soul" then I wink. Some of their looks at first are priceless ]

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

LittleDollClaudia
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by LittleDollClaudia » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Sweetums
I can just imagine how often someone gets asked how much it costs to stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

I have had those questions!!! People walk in and ask if I can give them the number so they can make a reservation. "It's really close to the parks." said one guest. I informed her that she could go there but it would cost her $50.00 for the day. She got all excited at that and asked me where she had to go to check in. I couldn't stand it any longer and finally showed her our map of DCA and how it's really an attraction. "What's the 50 bucks for?" she said in a little bit angry voice. "For entry to DCA." I said. She got a disgusted look on her face and walked out. :shrugs shoulders: I don't understand why she was so mad at me. ;) :twisted:

^^ Hey, that's me! ^^

Ansem
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by Ansem » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:17 am

stitchfan wrote:By the way, my record for Tower of Terror is 18 rides in a single day. I was only in the park for 4 or 5 hours, so it's not a full record. I could do alot better if I spent the whole day there. I estimate that if I did it on a slow day, all day long, I might make it up to 40 rides.
The record for a 5 hour run is 30. At least it was 2 november's ago...

TowerTimmy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by TowerTimmy » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:49 pm

stitchfan wrote:Oh well, I guess some guests have no sense of humor. I have a question from my little brother (he's counting the days until he gets a job at RRCoaster or TOTerror). He wants to know where the cast mebeber elevator goes (the one visible from the photo viewing area). His figures it's a cast lounge or something and want's to know if he's right.

By the way, my record for Tower of Terror is 18 rides in a single day. I was only in the park for 4 or 5 hours, so it's not a full record. I could do alot better if I spent the whole day there. I estimate that if I did it on a slow day, all day long, I might make it up to 40 rides. Painfully, the last time I was on it (a month ago or so) I knocked my shin on one of those metal elevator seats. My leg still hurts when I touch that spot (possible hairline fracture).

One of my favorite CMs working at the Tower is "Joshua". He's one of the few CMs who stays in character whenever guests are around. He acts all creepy and talks like Kelsey Grammer (Dr. Frasier Crane). He always says "Enjoy Your stay" as he curls his neck around like a psyco. I told him, "Dude, they don't pay you enough", to which he replied "No they don't".
hey joshua trained me for my phase 1. hes cool. after watching him do his load procedure i was freaked that maybe id have to do that someday.

the cast elevator goes up inside the building were there are numerous hallways and stairways going all directiosn... we have a break room, but its not glamorous or anything hehe

Tim

DLRFantasmic!Dan
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by DLRFantasmic!Dan » Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:33 pm

stitchfan wrote:One of my favorite CMs working at the Tower is "Joshua". He's one of the few CMs who stays in character whenever guests are around. He acts all creepy and talks like Kelsey Grammer (Dr. Frasier Crane). He always says "Enjoy Your stay" as he curls his neck around like a psyco. I told him, "Dude, they don't pay you enough", to which he replied "No they don't".

Oh, there is a CM here that is really gooda t what he does, he stays in character. He used to know Haunted Mansion, but he got stuck in Adventureland/ Frontierland. He is Maynard S..., anyone heard of him? He is here at Disneyland and he is great!!

There is also a Josh that also stays in character. He is a great guy. He works Pirates and always talks in a pirate voice and uses pirates vocabulary. He is one in a few that loves what he does.

Attractions:
Rocket Scientist at "HISTA"/ Astro Orbitor,
Space Ranger at Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters

Fantasmic!
The POD
RDCT Fireworks
From June 28, 2003 To October 4, 2006 - Once A DL CM, Always A DL CM!

PirateJohn
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by PirateJohn » Mon Mar 06, 2006 1:04 am

DLRFantasmic!Dan wrote:There is also a Josh that also stays in character. He is a great guy. He works Pirates and always talks in a pirate voice and uses pirates vocabulary. He is one in a few that loves what he does.
I think you're referring to Joey.

And everybody knows Maynard! He has tons of fan sites all over the net, plus his own official home page at maynardland.com

sandravb79
Regular Guest
Regular Guest

Post by sandravb79 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:19 am

Unfortunately, I haven't "met" Maynard yet, but I know he's a big "Disney-idol" among Disneyland-fans.

My "record" is 6 times in a row on Indy Ride at Disneyland Paris, you know, that awful roller coaster with the loop? After 6 times, my ears were frozen, (they had Disney-snow on Main Street and real snow in the rest of the park, yeah!) and I couldn't go for another ride + they were closing the park :rolleyes:

Dreaming of a great wide somewhere... They call it Disneyland
Accepting all kinds of indecent proposals to get into Club 33.
"We wants the redhead!" - I knew reds would have more fun :twisted:

CBeilby
Practically Lives Here
Practically Lives Here

Post by CBeilby » Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:00 pm

Unfortunately, it appears that Maynard is no longer working at Disneyland.