Misunderstanding the Photo Process

Disneyland Resort Cast Members post your stupid guest tricks here. This forum is not for general Disneyland discussion. Please use the Break Room, for non stupid guest trick topics.
SamuraiKoala32
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Misunderstanding the Photo Process

Post by SamuraiKoala32 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:59 pm

I'm not really a regular, but I have worked at Tower Hotel Gifts a good number of times. It's ridiculous to me how often people just walk up, don't say a word, and stare at my monitor for a few seconds and expect their photo to pop up like voodoo. "Do you know the number of your photo?", I say; To which they respond, "Oh! No. I didn't realize that there was a number," and then they ALWAYS add this part WITHOUT FAIL... "but I was just on the ride. It's the last picture!"

It's not like it's hard for the Cast Member to find their photo or anything, but that gets a little annoying.

If that's not bad enough, I'm apalled by the incredibly numerous amount of people who look at their photo and say to me, "Is there any way you could cut all those other people out of the picture? I don't know them."

.....next time, I think I'll just cross my arms then nod my head once like the girl from I Dream of Jeanie.

There is a fine line between friendly, entertaining guest service and being a total asshole. I am that fine line.

SilverStyle
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Re: Misunderstanding the Photo Process

Post by SilverStyle » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:24 pm

HAHA

I can understand where you are coming from. Guest arnt smart. I could imagine how many times you have to hit that protect button. What do u tell guest when they ask where there photo is?

1karenhb
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by 1karenhb » Tue Jun 21, 2005 9:33 pm

I can sure relate to your frustration. Worked the pin/hat cart on Main Street where golden ears are sold. I lost count of the guests who asked if I put the names on the hats there. I felt like saying, "Do you see a sewing machine here???" I would love to say sure I put names on the hats, would you like blue or black ink? :rolleyes:

SRT_GB
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by SRT_GB » Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:54 am

Photo ops on theme park rides have been around for a long time now, so you would think that you'd only have that problem with a few guests. But no.

Whenever a guest asked me where their deleted photo was I used to just tell it like it was and say someone in the log or rocket was doing something they weren't supposed to be doing without accusing that particular guest. I once had a guy at Splash have the gall to ask me where his picture was after I personally deleted his picture for the finger.

I don't know if it's still done but when I used to do edit room for Splash and Space, every time we deleted a picture we had to write down the time, log or rocket number, why it was deleted (obscene gesture, food or drink, arm/leg hanging out of vehicle, etc.), and the offending person's location on the vehicle. Unfortunately we could never call security on them because once we hit the delete button the picture was gone and we couldnt prove that the guest did whatever they did.

:towmater:
A precision instrument of speed and aromatics

Disneyland Stores June 2000-September 2004
Disneyland Hotel Stores November 2004-December 2005

LostMalfoy
Repeat Traveler
Repeat Traveler

Post by LostMalfoy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:32 am

SilverStyle wrote:HAHA

I can understand where you are coming from. Guest arnt smart. I could imagine how many times you have to hit that protect button. What do u tell guest when they ask where there photo is?
What I heard from one of my managers is that, what we're supposed to tell the guest is that we're having computer issues, but they're welcome to ride again if they're desperate for their picture.

Technically, the photo isn't gone once it's protected, it can still be pulled up by a lead/manager if the guest is getting pissy, but we're not supposed to tell anyone it's because another person in their vehicle did something obscene or unsafe. They might still want to purchase the picture, and that's not something we're allowed to do.

Disgruntled Hatwriter
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by Disgruntled Hatwriter » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:22 am

SamuraiKoala32 wrote:I'm not really a regular, but I have worked at Tower Hotel Gifts a good number of times. It's ridiculous to me how often people just walk up, don't say a word, and stare at my monitor for a few seconds and expect their photo to pop up like voodoo. "Do you know the number of your photo?", I say]WITHOUT FAIL[/B]... "but I was just on the ride. It's the last picture!"
Lol totally. Have you noticed that it's NEVER the last photo?

But I still prefer those guest over the ones who don't know their number and so you do that whole 19999 (etc) system and tell them "It's going to go the most recent photo. We're gonna go backwards. Tell me when you see youself"

me: *dials 19999* *recent photo pops up*
guest: that's not me.

*shakes head and sighs*

Hey, I think the guest can read our lips...WE SAID YOU SUCK! :aliens:

Guest: I thought this was the happiest place on earth!
Me: Oh, no that's right across the way sir. This is DCA.

BirdMom
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by BirdMom » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:12 pm

SRT_GBI wrote: don't know if it's still done but when I used to do edit room for Splash and Space, every time we deleted a picture we had to write down the time, log or rocket number, why it was deleted (obscene gesture, food or drink, arm/leg hanging out of vehicle, etc.), and the offending person's location on the vehicle. Unfortunately we could never call security on them because once we hit the delete button the picture was gone and we couldnt prove that the guest did whatever they did.
When did they start doing that? We used to have a tower position in Spash as part of the GC rotation - the ride was still pretty new then, and there were two rotations - one for the ride, the other for GC. When you had the tower spot, you sat at a console across from the ride tower console and all you did was watch the stupid drop 5 monitor/still monitor and delete as needed. No logs to say why the photo was being deleted. It was kind of a boring position because most of the guests behaved on the way down the drop, but at least you got to sit for awhile before being bumped to a break.

[font=Palatino Linotype]Veni, Vidi, Velcro...[/font] [font=Comic Sans MS]I came, I saw, I got stuck.[/font]

Main Streeter
Permanent Fixture
Permanent Fixture

Post by Main Streeter » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:10 pm

Disgruntled Hatwriter wrote:Lol totally. Have you noticed that it's NEVER the last photo? me: *dials 19999* *recent photo pops up*
guest: that's not me.

*shakes head and sighs*

No, Never is the last photo but the guests will argue with you because they just know they are correct :twisted: . Where have I been? :confused: I never was told abt 19999!! Disgruntled, you might be worth something yet ]

"You work here? You must be SO rich!"

RESCUE A PET! [font="Arial Black"]Within the heart of every stray Lies the singular desire to be loved.[/font]

IndyandMarion
Seasoned Pro
Seasoned Pro

Post by IndyandMarion » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:20 pm

SamuraiKoala32 wrote:If that's not bad enough, I'm apalled by the incredibly numerous amount of people who look at their photo and say to me, "Is there any way you could cut all those other people out of the picture? I don't know them."

It's a legitmate question as many (at least coasters) rides that take photos, have the ability to cut out others that aren't in your party. I don't have a full list of those rides that do but the first that comes to me is Sheikra at Busch Gardens in Tampa.

A good photograph means knowing where to stand

SamuraiKoala32
Wide-eyed Newcomer
Wide-eyed Newcomer

Post by SamuraiKoala32 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:56 pm

IndyandMarion wrote:
It's a legitmate question as many (at least coasters) rides that take photos, have the ability to cut out others that aren't in your party. I don't have a full list of those rides that do but the first that comes to me is Sheikra at Busch Gardens in Tampa.
yeah, i've found out about that since i posted that statement.

There is a fine line between friendly, entertaining guest service and being a total asshole. I am that fine line.